Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: #1 Priority cut ties w/ BG  (Read 8472 times)
ChitownBulls
MVP

Respect: +289

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2009, 07:43:46 pm »

Another thing to think about....BG is scoring big numbers against starters and like i said before...he has already said he doesnt mind coming off the bench...if he came off the bench he wouldnt have to play against the best players of the opposing team. Which means his defense shouldnt hurt us so much and his offense should flourish even more.

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2009, 09:31:28 pm »

Just because he isn't starting doesn't mean his play is limited.  He will still be in late in the game playing 30+ a night.  He will remain that scorer that will still remain inconsistent at times and will just give away games on D.

Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2009, 10:04:00 pm »

The thing we have to realize is that Gordon didn't want to come off the bench until after the season was over and he started getting ready to be an unrestricted free agent.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
ChitownBulls
MVP

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2009, 12:05:45 am »

Well if the Bulls starters can hang with most teams starters and then have a scorer like BG coming off the bench...the Bulls should be able to win a lot of games. BG would be going against guys like Marbury all season long. He should be able to own most 2nd stringers around the league.

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
GMJames
Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2009, 02:16:05 pm »

The Bulls should offer him what they are comfortable paying a off the bench scorer, Like a Vinnie Johnson type. If he can beat the deal then say Bye Bye. If not then he comes back on the teams terms great. Or Maybe his agent finds a sign and trade and pursues the Bulls to help complete it. I would offer him 3 years 27 million. Yep. 10m 9m 8m. The difference this year from last is that last year he could take the booby prize of 6.4 m. Which he did. This year he could be left with no deal. And something is always better then nothing.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 04:16:53 pm by GMJames » Logged

ChitownBulls
MVP

« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2009, 03:28:59 pm »

Yea thats true....if he isnt in our plans i dont think we should just let him walk though...he has to much value around the league. I wouldnt be surprised if some team some where offers him what he wants. I would try to trade him Toronto if anything.

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
GMJames
Star

« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2009, 04:11:22 pm »

I keep hearing alot of people say trade him. Maybe someone (greenwing) can offer a little clarity on this. The Bulls have no rights anymore and BG would only be part of a sign and trade he agrees with. And for that to be true he would want to play in Toronto. The only way the Bulls would be involved is if his chosen location didn't have the cap space and needed the Bulls to take salaries back so they could fit BG under the cap.

No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2009, 04:16:22 pm »

actually, the Bulls can do whatever they want if he signs with Chicago.  They can clearly give him a deal that would make him automatically sign then just ship him out as soon as he signs.  Obviously the ideal way would be BG to pick the place to go but that might be a limited list so the Bulls can be sneaky and ill-mannered by giving him an offer he can't refuse only to ship him out moments later.

GMJames
Star

« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2009, 04:19:51 pm »

I think after signing he would be un-tradeable for a period of time. He would have to agree to the trade before signing. They can't sign him then say "haha" fooled ya, Your going to Toronto.  Roll Eyes The way it would work is for agruement, Say New York wanted him but couldn't afford to pay him under the cap. Let's say 10 mil. Then New York would have to trade players to the Bulls, The Bulls would sign BG to New York's term, Then ship his rights and contract to New York. And I am pretty sure the swap isn't even money either. I think that in this senerio New York would have to sent more then 10 mil in players. Do the research.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 04:25:06 pm by GMJames » Logged

No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2009, 04:23:55 pm »

I think after signing he would be un-tradeable for a period of time. He would have to agree to the trade before signing. They can't sign him then say "haha" fooled ya, Your going to Toronto.  Roll Eyes

i am pretty sure that no trade period isn't very long so you can still come to terms with a team and just wait for that period of time and then ship him.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Jump to: