Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: #2 Priority get Inside scorer.  (Read 14217 times)
bulls4lif1
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2009, 12:09:45 pm »

This BJ Mullins talk is complete ridiculous.  Did any of you watch his games this year? He is NOT a banger down low like some people are saying he is. He was over hyped and soft, there was no banging in his game this year, he is all finesse. I will be so angry with Bulls management take this fool. He didn't even have good production. I would like to get a proven guy and not some project that could be a disastrous bust.

He's not a banger in the Big Ten, but the Big Ten is much more physical than the NBA in terms of style of play anyway.  80% of the players lack the physical talent to sniff the NBA and it's just guys like Krabbendorf or whoever that guy is beating people up...  Mullens is the PROTOTYPICAL player that I expect to actually look better in the NBA than he does in the Big Ten.  The PROTOTYPICAL player.

The fact is, it's like an NFL team needing a left tackle and drafting one.  Your boy Paxson didn't think that centers had any value, so he traded two away, at least one of whom would be very valuable for us right now.  So now, it's really the only hole we have.  I look at it like this... does Thomas need to improve?  Sure... does Noah need some polish at the four?  Sure.  But as long as Noah is at the 4 and Thomas the 3.. are they OKAY as matchups in a late playoff series?  Yep.  Are we okay late in the playoffs v. Orlando or Cleveland next year with Joakim Noah starting at CENTER?  NO....

Mullens is a lot like Eddy Curry, but he'll get 8 RPG from the start if he plays 30 minutes, and he won't take 5 years just to have a good year.  He won't play 30 minutes as a rookie, more like 18, but in that 18, I expect 5 RPG and 8 PPG on 55%+ FG.  And that will pace us, keep us fresh and give us size. 

Go back and watch the tape.... watch the Bulls shoot the ball and when Noah goes to position for the rebound, watch Perkins attach to his long body, move him about 8 feet in a split second and then Pierce gets an easy rebound....

Whether he's a banger or not, you're not just going to move 275 lbs. like that...

I already know to play Joakim at the 4 that is why I want Yao at center. Sorry but I refuse to listen to anybody that still believes in playing Tyrus at the 3. Mullens is so soft, just because your 275 doesn't mean your not, its all about your attitude and drive to be physical, not about your body.
ChitownBulls
MVP

Respect: +289

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2009, 12:19:48 pm »

I agree that Mullens is soft but the guy is only 19 i think? And i would hope he would get some aggression in him by the time he is 3 years in the league. But yea like JOehoo said...instead of pushing around Noah, you would actaully have to push around a guy thats 260. At 16th, you can land a guy with his athleticism and size...i think you have to do it.

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
vitalnerve
Starter

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2009, 12:21:30 pm »

ty at the 3 is at least intriguing but i don't see it as a long-term solution.  i'd rather see deng get in better shape and keep his weight down and see how it affects his speed and durability.  ty can't dribble down an open court and dunk it, and is way more aggressive then he should be with the ball in his hands.  i see a lot of bad shots, a low shooting percentage, and plenty of turnovers for him.
TradeMark
Starter

Respect: +1

« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2009, 12:30:50 pm »

Mullens isn't really trying to bang. He's actually lost weight, down to 255. He's working out with Joe Abunassar in Vegas preparing for the draft. Abunassar said this about him.

"B.J.'s game is never going to be to run you over and be an animal. He's got a bit of finesse," Abunassar said. "Making him into a tough, fierce player might not be putting his best foot forward. We want to exploit his length and skill set.

"We're pushing him every day in drills to use his body better, to use his length. We don't want B.J. banging. We want him to use his quickness and his speed and his flexibility to get around (opponents)."

Derrick Rose on wearing #1: "That was my AAU number when I first started playing. I was the No. 1 draft pick. And hopefully I'll be No. 1 at my position."
ChitownBulls
MVP

Respect: +289

« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2009, 12:37:31 pm »

Thats why i kind of see him as a lean Eddy Curry or Chris Kaman type player...both arent really bangers but are deffenitly big bodies that you can have down low that shouldnt get pushed around easily.

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
joehoo
All-Star

« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2009, 01:02:10 pm »

I already know to play Joakim at the 4 that is why I want Yao at center. Sorry but I refuse to listen to anybody that still believes in playing Tyrus at the 3. Mullens is so soft, just because your 275 doesn't mean your not, its all about your attitude and drive to be physical, not about your body.

1.  I like Tyrus at the 3 IF he stays here.  He's definitely not a 4 and it's not like you can't find a decent 3 with a mid first rounder or a MLE contract.

2.  Drafting Mullens means you can't sign Yao if he's available?  I didn't know that Mullens rookie contract was going to be for $13 million a year.  Thanks for the lesson though.

3.  Don't give me that "ra ra" "it's all about your grit" Paxson youth group crap.  Size matters at the center position.  If Mullens was nasty as all hell, he'd be a top 5 pick anyway.  So unless you'd like to name a better alternative, one that keeps us from getting beat up....

Hoopshype Heismans - 2007 Mild Sauce, 2008 Joehoo, 2009 Bteambomber, Cselby - who will it be in 2010!
joehoo
All-Star

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2009, 01:04:23 pm »

Thabeet, anyone? I think It'd be worth looking into moving up to get him, possibly by using Hinrich, Salmons, or Deng, all of whom are (partially) expendable. Although his hands aren't the softest and he's a bit raw offensively, he's a true center and intimidator.

Obviously.  If the Bulls can trade up and get Thabeet... possibly by sending Hinrich and our lower pick to whoever has the #2 pick, would be way better than drafting Mullens.  It kind of depends on who gets that pick though.  If it's the Timberwolves, I like our chances. 

Hoopshype Heismans - 2007 Mild Sauce, 2008 Joehoo, 2009 Bteambomber, Cselby - who will it be in 2010!
joehoo
All-Star

« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2009, 01:09:53 pm »

Thabeet is not much of an inside scorer, so trading up to him wouldn't really solve the need for inside scoring.
True, he could end up being a solid center, but he could very be another Tyson Chandler.
Unless a player in the draft has Al Jefferson-like offensive skills, the only way they can solve this is through trade or free agency.

Thabeet is a monster defensively and on tip dunks though... and always remember that he'd get plenty of dunks opposite Rose penetration.  He's not Howard, but if Howard isn't available, and... he isn't... he's the next best thing, a DEFENSIVELY dominant big man..............

tong
MVP

« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2009, 01:30:47 pm »

What are your thoughts on something like this:

Deng

for

Stevenson
Songaila

Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

Respect: +26

« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2009, 01:41:19 pm »

Deng

for

Stevenson
Songaila

Pass

tong
MVP

« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2009, 01:42:25 pm »

Er..... Really? You wouldn't trade Deng to balance out your roster and get a true center?

vitalnerve
Starter

« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2009, 02:36:42 pm »

i'd take that trade in a second..
GMJames
Star

« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2009, 03:12:17 pm »

Deng is young, and thier are still alot of people playing Deal or No Deal with his career. I just doubt the million is behind case number 9. Well for the Bulls sake they better hope Howie put 71 million behind case Number 9.

No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2009, 03:38:47 pm »

Deng

for

Stevenson
Songaila

Pass

yea that won't happen.

joehoo
All-Star

« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2009, 05:02:34 pm »

Deng is young, and thier are still alot of people playing Deal or No Deal with his career. I just doubt the million is behind case number 9. Well for the Bulls sake they better hope Howie put 71 million behind case Number 9.

So how is Deng good for a championship team that doesn't have like.. Kobe and Shaq?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Jump to: