Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 Team Deal  (Read 1589 times)
raptorsgm
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: May 05, 2009, 07:16:13 am »

It's time for another crazy idea!
Let's start with a 3 team deal with Toronto, New Orleans, and OKC
Toronto gets: Chandler
New Orleans gets: Kristic and Humphries
OKC gets: Kapono
Why would NO want Kristic and Humphries? b/c they're serviceable bigmen who make less money than Chandler. And they want to dump his contract which would save them 7 million over the next 2 years.
OKC gets a shooter and Toronto gets a Center which moves Bargs to the PF.

Next I trade Bosh and Banks to Charlotte for Wallace, Diaw and a draft pick.
I then sign Parker, Pops and Graham.  I also bring back Delfino and exercise a team option on O'Bryant and Jawaii.

That would leave us with a lineup of:

C  - Chandler, Jawaii, O'Bryant
PF - Bargs, Pops, Graham
SF - Wallace, Diaw, Draft Pick
SG - Parker, Delfino, Draft Pick
PG - Calderon, Ukic, Veteran Point Guard?

I think this is a better team that can a least compete for 4th in the East.  If we draft well this is a team who can grow together for the future.
What do you guys think?
Bapper what problems do you see, you always seem to find some?

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 08:43:30 am »

-Kris Humphries is NOT a serviceable big man. He is garbage. Yes, I do see NO wanting to move Chandler, so that isn't out of the question, but really, Hump sucks.

-Don't know if the Cats would do that trade, but I do like it for the Raptors.

Soon....
Kenny Van Exel
Benchwarmer

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 09:43:53 am »

Throw in Mo Pete to sweeten the deal!
If we're losing a wing, and mo gets no minutes why not bring back a fan favorite(his salary might be a bit much though 4 mil???)  was just gonna make a post about moving Marion if indeed Brian can swing the sign & trade(always easier said than done, though Marion could probably be resigned for close to Chandlers salary)the only problem for NO is this leaves them thin up front:

NO: Marion/Kaps
TO: Chandler/Mo

DeMar DeRozan: Heading to practice.  ANOTHER DAY TO GET BETTER. Over 1 hour ago
17Medcoy
Journeyman

Respect: +6

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 10:59:00 am »

The trade is not bad as long as chandler is healthy.  AP should not be starting.  Draft or trade for someone with younger legs.  And what about marion - sign and trade for something... 

Would it be possible to try and get David West.  Lots of reports saying NO are looking to dump salary if not chandler why not West?

rayan
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 11:23:08 am »

wait, lemme clarify, i mightve misread it but in the first deal and u proposing basically that OKC trade Kristic for garbage kapono?
raptorsgm
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 12:29:04 pm »

In the right situation, at SF off the bench instead of at SG like the raps had him, Kapono is still the best 3 point shooter in the game.  With all of OKC's young slashers Kapono would get lots of open looks.
socko
Benchwarmer

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 12:35:28 pm »

This is based on supposing that Bargs would make a better PF than he is a C.  I disagree.  He's gotten a lot better at the 5, I don't see how switching his position puts him in position to succeed.
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 03:38:59 pm »

Bobcats would rather have Boris Diaw and Wallace than Bosh. 

AirForceNone
All-Star

Respect: +18

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 05:34:42 pm »

I just don't see any team that doesn't already have a superstar making an offer (ie/ Rose, Arenas, Wade, etc). Even GSW may have some decent pieces but they know Bosh will just take off.  Charlotte might be on the cusp of a playoff berth but adding Bosh doesn't put them anywhere close to being a true contendor and in order for the trade to be plausible both the potential team and Bosh have to see that possibility imho.

bapper
Star

Respect: +7

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 06:50:00 pm »

I would actually really like to see the raps pursue chandler, and i dont see the big deal with bargs being a 4 or a 5 bcuz really it is just a label! Bargnani even said when him and bosh are out there there really isnt a 5 there are just 2 post players... they match up defensively against who is better suited to who... just like other teams do to them... like most teams do not put their 5 on bargs even though he is listed as our 5. A centre is only relivant on the starting lineup it doesnt mean anything more than that. It can change things in a zone but not in man to man which the raps play most of the time.
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 07:32:04 pm »

hate to break it to you, but I see Chandler in OKC or Chicago before i see him in Toronto.

bapper
Star

Respect: +7

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 12:20:53 pm »

I didnt say we would get him i just said i would like it if it happened
Fireball
a.k.a. Vict
Star

Respect: +143

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 05:39:49 pm »

Are you kidding me? Let me get this right. Are you saying OKC gives up kristic for kapono and humpries? thats a laugh.

"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court" - Alvin Williams
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: