Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CHI - HOU - PHO  (Read 785 times)
Jay
Star

« on: May 24, 2009, 01:15:09 am »

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=rap7p6

CHI gets-
Amare Stoudemire
Jason Richardson
Carl Landry

HOU gets-
Kirk Hinrich
Leandro Barbosa
Brad Miller

PHO gets-
Tracy McGrady
Luol Deng
Tyrus Thomas
Tim Thomas

(Draft Picks if necessary)

-Bulls get low-post offense in Amare and even in Landry, and get more outside scoring and athleticism in J-Rich.
-Rockets get rid of T-Mac, while getting a good combo guard that can play defense in Kirk, a scorer off the bench in Barbosa and relief for Yao with B-Rad.
-Suns get potential and talent in Deng and Tyrus. They also get about $27 million dollars off the books for next summer to spend on their own free agents and others; maybe someone like Joe Johnson? T-Mac can still play when healthy.
Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 08:29:30 am »

I don't like it for Chicago.  It absolutely kills their 2010 plan and they lose their only reliable big with size off the bench.

tchman58
Star

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 08:34:07 am »

I don't like it for Chicago.  It absolutely kills their 2010 plan and they lose their only reliable big with size off the bench.

isn't part of the 2010 plan getting a big man like bosh or amare?  so after this trade the plan wouldn't be needed anymore?  unless you think wade rose and amare/bosh are all going to be in chicago.  but even then, jason richardson's contract is the same amount as deng's was essentially.  so the bulls are in no worse of a contract situation then they were before this trade if you ask me. 
Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 08:44:58 am »

isn't part of the 2010 plan getting a big man like bosh or amare?  so after this trade the plan wouldn't be needed anymore?  unless you think wade rose and amare/bosh are all going to be in chicago.  but even then, jason richardson's contract is the same amount as deng's was essentially.  so the bulls are in no worse of a contract situation then they were before this trade if you ask me. 

Actually, Richardson's contract is worse for the 2010 plan because he's being paid more.  Also, there are other guys available besides Bosh and Amare that would cost less and I think some of the deals here are giving up way too much value for two guys who will most likely bolt from their teams by 2010, anyway.  You also need to remember that equal value is never given when trading away star players.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: