Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: BJ Mullens  (Read 16136 times)
topbullsfan
Benchwarmer

Respect: +26

« on: May 30, 2009, 04:03:09 pm »

Where will Mullens go? I have seen mock drafts where he goes anywhere between 10 & 24, and read where he could go even higher. Legit centers his size and ability are hard to come by, I know he has a lot to learn before he starts on any team, BUT how high do we need to draft to get him? If we trade Kirk for the 6th pick would that be too high to draft Mullens? I would love to get him, he could be the answer at center for us once he developes

bullsfan
TradeMark
Starter

Respect: +1

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 04:39:47 pm »

#6 is too high, IMHO.

I think he could be there @ #16, and he's worth consideration there. Personally, I'm still not sold on him. The highest I think he could go is #12 to Charlotte.

Derrick Rose on wearing #1: "That was my AAU number when I first started playing. I was the No. 1 draft pick. And hopefully I'll be No. 1 at my position."
alexpellom12
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 04:50:46 pm »

im really not a big fan of this kid.   overhyped overhyped overhyped Kosta Kufos 2.0

If I ruled the world....... Imagine that...
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 12:33:42 am »

Except for that he plays an entirely different style of game and has a world more of natural talent than Koufos (and plays a style that's much more rare to find (and important)).

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
ChitownBulls
MVP

Respect: +289

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 09:01:25 am »

At the beginning of the year, Mullens was projected 1st in most mock drafts....and i dont think it was a fluke either. The guy can play, its just Ohio State wasnt right for him....Evan Turner is the man there and that whole team loves shooting the 3 ball. Mullens only averaged like 5-6 shots a game and he averaged 9ppg. Thats pretty good for how many shots he got....no doubt in my mind, if he was able to shoot 10-12 shots a game the guy would be a 15-16ppg scorer. He is pretty much the only thing i really want out of this draft....if we have too, ill trade both picks to try to move up to grab him.

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
Jay
Star

Respect: +7

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 05:13:46 pm »

I think he goes #15 to Detroit. I like his talent and potential, but my big concern with this guy is his work ethic and motivation.
ChitownBulls
MVP

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 01:09:36 am »

Yea i agree with you. Its tough with him because he is so young, he might stay another year at OSU and become a top 5 pick next year....OR he might just come to the NBA and be a bust. At 16, i think he is a good value pick because he has so much upside, he might be your future starting center for years to come. He seems to be on the right path with his pre draft workouts so far...hopefully that can continue. But i do know what your saying, Bulls could easily grab a James JOhnson an have a guy that can contribute more in his 1st year then Mullens. We will see what option they go with soon enough.

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
GMJames
Star

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 07:52:43 am »

I am still waiting on the Athletic numbers to be released. But Mullens has caught my attention a bit more lately. He is a legit 7 foot 1 and 260 lbs. For comparasion Joakim Noah was 6'11" 3/4 and 235 lbs at his camp. So I am interested to see his athletic numbers. I know he said in his interview something about doing the 185 lb. bench press 10 times. That's not very good but not horrible either. He is nearly the same size as Greg Oden and Brook Lopez, So if his numbers match athleticley then I could see him being a nice 2 year Center project. Recently John Paxson was said to be in Turkey watching Omer Asik play for the first time after his injury. I am sure they are calculating him into the Bulls future plans at Center. I could see Mullens being drafted anywhere between 10-20 depending on his athletic numbers. So If the Bulls plan to trade for a Center like Shaq or Kaman I doubt they take a waver of BJ Mullens. Thou I feel he could be a good Center in the NBA, and I think his poor play at Ohio St. was because he had to attend college before going pro and a coach that was trying to hurt his draft stock so he wouldn't walk the way Oden did. 

silentjim
Journeyman

Respect: +9

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 08:05:52 am »

I like Mullens as a prospect, but I don't get how everyone basically says we either need a low post scorer or someone with the ability to make easy buckets via the jumper (Bosh) and for some reason everyone is high on Mullens, who doesn't necessarily bring any of that to the table.

Sure he has some upside, but his comparison of Dirk, Amare, etc, is clearly extreme positive thinking. More than likely he'll be a big with a poor shooting percentage, which is worse than say a Joakim Noah in my mind.
ChitownBulls
MVP

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 08:43:22 am »

I also think him going to OSU really hurt him, Thad Matta played him as a bench player and barely gave him minutes....and i agree, probably trying to keep him around rather then losing him to the draft. I dont see him as being a All-Star or anything but if he can average 8-10ppg 6-7reb and be 7'1 260...thats a great draft choice if you ask me. Then we wouldnt have to have 230 pound Noah guarding guys that are 270.

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
BteamBomber
MVP

Respect: +8

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 11:05:33 am »

Had Mullens played this season, and been in last years draft (I know, impossible, but I'm just trying to place his current value versus last years prospects) he probably would be a 2nd round talent.  However, other than Thabeet, there is not a SINGLE center prospect that even has mid 2nd round value for this year, other than Mullens.  Whats worse, is that there also isn't as single true center prospect outside of two small school projects and an international player that is more of a 4 in next years draft.  Last year, there were lots of true big guys, and even some undersized guys that play like centers (Kendrick Perkins types).  This year and next, there simply isnt' anyone of that caliber available.  For that reason, I see Mullens almost guaranteed to go in the lottery, and possibly in the top 10.  It doesn't matter if he's not a Brook Lopez caliber guy, or even a Robin Lopez caliber guy, there simply isn't a choice for a team looking to get bigger.  My prediction is that some team will leapfrog from the late teens into the late lottery to grab him, possibly at the 8-12 spots. 

"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special Olympics, even if you win you're STILL retarded"

I would like to thank all of you for your personal attention and devotion to the goings on in my life.  I see it as a great sign of respect and awe of the effects I've had on each of you.  Rest assured, I will continue to post in a way that keeps me at the center of your thoughts and minds every time you log into hoopshype.
DDizzle08
Starter

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 04:51:18 pm »

Listen up and mark my word, just how Jason Thompson was the steal last year, Byron James Mullens will be this years' steal. People underestimated Jason because he came from a small school named Rider and his numbers was expected playing against average competition. Well, just how Mullens couldn't get his game flowing in Matta's system, he'll get looked over come June 25th. Don't get me wrong, BJ Mullens will be the draft steal. You can't teach his height, hunger, or finesse skills. The sad part about it, Gar and Pax will probably not take him if he's still available at 16, knowing he could be the guy whom provide us that scoring down-low we have needed for so long. It's crazy how they had him going number 1 in this draft last year, now because of his average year, he'll most likely go 18 if you ask Chad Ford.     

Rose the best since Ronnie Fields!
GMJames
Star

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 08:16:14 pm »

I don't think that the Bulls doubt Mullens. Just feel that he will take a few years to develop and the Bulls are log jammed with 7 footers now. Plus, You have Asik and the Shaq rumors. He could be Great or a Bust. Can go either way.

ChitownBulls
MVP

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 07:12:44 am »

I think someone reported that Pax went over to see Asik play and see hows he is doing......MAYBE he was going over there to compare Asik to Mullens. If Asik looks pretty good he may not grab Mullens, but if Mullens is better with more potential, i dont see Asik standing in the way of us grabbing Mullens.

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
ChitownBulls
MVP

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2009, 05:09:56 pm »

Youtube has a ton of vids of him now.....heres just a couple

Love seeing this

Bigtime post move,he has the potential to do this everytime down the floor

Watch him sprint on this play! HE'S FAST!!!!

Athletic

Nice block

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up

Jump to: