Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Your Draft: Discussion Forum  (Read 16944 times)
GMJames
Star

Respect: 0

« on: June 01, 2009, 01:12:37 pm »

Please put your comments in here. It will make it easier to read the other forum.

No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 02:39:01 pm »

This is stupid and way to early.

GMJames
Star

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 02:54:14 pm »

This is stupid and way to early.

Roll Eyes And I started it early so we had time to change things up until the day before the draft. It will show how peoples opinions change, maybe trends, etc.

So instead of dissing people's ideas all the time. Put your's down.

GMJames
Star

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 03:48:23 pm »

Good Post JAY

I am really liking Johnson also. He can do alot and has size.

DDizzle08
Starter

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 05:01:03 pm »

My pick is BJ Mullens at 16 and Chase Budinger at 26.

BJ Mullens has unlimited potential and can add size to a much need front-court. He could replace Brad Miller's role, once he leaves of course. I like his jump-shot and his jumping ability. He cause match-up problems when Rose penetrate the lane. Right now, as of the previous season, Rose penetrated the lane during Celtics games early in the season and KG never collapse on Tyrus Thomas. Which made it impossible for Derrick Rose to score. Just go back at look at the film. Adding BJ Mullens gives Vinny Del Negro some room to work with. Besides, what do we have to lose, most of our scoring comes from Salmons, Rose, and Gordon.  
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 05:23:18 pm by DDizzle08 » Logged

Rose the best since Ronnie Fields!
GMJames
Star

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 05:46:58 pm »

Dizzle Store your Draft in the YOur Draft: Final Copy forum .

GMJames
Star

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 07:07:58 pm »

Interesting No Pressure. I agree with your Final Copy  in that I feel they will stock up on young talent and rid thierselves of long big contracts in Hinrich and Deng.

DDizzle08
Starter

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 08:25:53 pm »

The only player that can produce with true size is Brad Miller. Plus, it's no guarantee Asik comes over. The guy just screwed his knee this past year. Plus, I hope you don't think Shaq is coming over because that was just a rumor. Shaq wants to play with a team that is already winning. 

Rose the best since Ronnie Fields!
Jay
Star

Respect: +7

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 12:49:28 am »

Yeah I think Shaq thinks he's that missing piece for a real contender. Plus I don't know how well he would play with the rest of the team. There's a better chance that he won't mesh well with them or the coaching staff, maybe the way Big Ben did (Big name guy with nothing to prove, but still thinks they can make a bigger difference than they can actually make).
I don't see Asik coming until maybe next year at the earliest.
I know some of you want a major upgrade at center, but I actually do like the center combo of Noah and Miller for now. Noah is developing nicely and plays well with Rose, and Miller can come off the bench and settle the rest of the team down if he needs to. Draft Mullens at #18 (the pick they could get from Minnesota) where he would be a good value pick, and develop him slowly. Get a hard-nosed big man coach for him so that he'll work hard for once.

GM, I agree with pretty much all of your picks.
ChitownBulls
MVP

Respect: +289

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 07:08:42 am »

I wouldnt count on Asik actaully being very good, he looks tiny to me, but you never know.

I like Jays draft right now....no deal for Shaq, pretty much stayed with the team we have and see how far that gets us til next year....I think thats a very realistic plan.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 07:15:36 am by ChitownBulls » Logged

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
GMJames
Star

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 03:30:39 pm »

I have changed my draft. And Omer Asik is skinny. But he blocks shots like Mutumbo did.

Jay
Star

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 05:04:26 pm »

I haven't exactly changed my draft, but I did consider Hansbrough being taken earlier than 26. So, I had the Suns sell us their pick for cash, the 26th pick and a future pick. I still think they take Johnson, Hansbrough and Mullens, but at different picks. 14th-Johnson, 16th- Hansbrough, 18th- Mullens.
ChitownBulls
MVP

Respect: +289

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 05:17:40 pm »

But wouldnt you think if Asik was really that good other teams would have picked him before the 2nd round? For all we know he could be blocking shots against a bunch of no bodies. I hope he turns out good, but im just saying theres a good chance he sucks lol
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 06:56:23 pm by ChitownBulls » Logged

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
GMJames
Star

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 07:12:55 pm »

Yah true. But if the Bulls Brass like the guy that much, they are not going to bring in prospects at center until their Omer Asik project is over.

Jay
Star

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 08:18:15 pm »

So would it be safe to say that the Bulls won't take Mullens or any center until they know more about Asik? I personally don't think the Bulls need to pick Mullens, but picking up a project center in the later half of the 1st round when he could've been a high lottery pick isn't such a bad thing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up

Jump to: