Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One Of The Worst Detroit Years Ever?  (Read 3725 times)
bi11ups
Journeyman

Mr. Big Shot

Respect: 0

« on: June 09, 2009, 05:27:51 pm »

Was the last season one of the worst Pistons seasons ever? Pistons fans had to endure seeing their leader go in Billups, see a new star underperform, former players underperform, see a new coach underperform, ruin a streak of going to the Eastern conference finals and winning 50 games or more, endure their players go through injuries on a usually healthy team, watch their young players struggle in developing, watch the home crowd break its streak of selling out, mourn the losses of former owner bill davidson and famed former coach Chuck Daly, get sweeped in a pathetic first round series as an 8th seed, and now possibly lose a player in McDyess who gave it his all no matter what and Rasheed, who despite his shortcomings, is the best trash talker in the league, is one of the most memorable characters and Pistons player ever, and had undeniable ability...and maybe even lose Rip or Tay who are also beloved Pistons players...

Top that off with the Lions going 0 for 16, GM, Chrysler, and even Ford get royally screwed, the horrible scandals done by the mayor and other government officials...the only bright spot is the Red Wings for this city this past year.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 01:08:09 pm by Bulls/Pistons » Logged
flavaflave
Starter

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 09:45:33 pm »

No it was necessary. They had to take a step back to move forward. You have a great GM and a great organization as a whole. You'll be fine lol
strangeflower
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 09:03:33 am »

As much as I enjoy Chauncey's leadership, it was time for Joe to move on. Yes this team needs leadership but as much as I hate to say it, Sheed became a liability.  He mailed it in half of the games with the exception of the games vs the Magic and his dominance the first game against the Lakers in LA. Let someone else deal with him jacking up shots instead of playing in the post.  This team needs a leader, post presence, someone who can keep this team together in close games and in the 4th quarter and defense.  I think Rip could be that leader. However, all the other things mentioned are still questionable.  That is why I do believe Tay is the odd man out.  He cannot defend against the Lebron's and Pierce's of the east.  He cannot strike back offensively when these guys go on a roll.

I'm not sure where Joe D is turning but he has a lot of cap space and trade value with Tay and possibly Bynum. We shall see.

/*Sleepless in the D*/
flavaflave
Starter

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 02:57:50 pm »

As much as I enjoy Chauncey's leadership, it was time for Joe to move on. Yes this team needs leadership but as much as I hate to say it, Sheed became a liability.  He mailed it in half of the games with the exception of the games vs the Magic and his dominance the first game against the Lakers in LA. Let someone else deal with him jacking up shots instead of playing in the post.  This team needs a leader, post presence, someone who can keep this team together in close games and in the 4th quarter and defense.  I think Rip could be that leader. However, all the other things mentioned are still questionable.  That is why I do believe Tay is the odd man out.  He cannot defend against the Lebron's and Pierce's of the east.  He cannot strike back offensively when these guys go on a roll.

I'm not sure where Joe D is turning but he has a lot of cap space and trade value with Tay and possibly Bynum. We shall see.

No doubt
bi11ups
Journeyman

Mr. Big Shot

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 05:14:06 pm »

I agree in a few years from now, we will look back on this season and see it was nearly a step taken in the rebuilding process. But if you just took a snapshot of this year and this year only, doesn't seem like hell? lol
Zander
Hall of Famer

Respect: +269

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 01:57:13 am »

The fact that Tayshaun Prince carried this team to 39 wins feels kind of bad for a bunch of people who are used to being in the Conference Finals. What's really sad though is that 39 wins will seem like a lot to you guys in a little bit. As long as the Pistons keep Prince around you won't quite be a bottom of the barrel team, you can at least count on that.

Sig by bbyao06
Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

Respect: +2046

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 09:55:21 am »

The fact that Tayshaun Prince carried this team to 39 wins feels kind of bad for a bunch of people who are used to being in the Conference Finals. What's really sad though is that 39 wins will seem like a lot to you guys in a little bit. As long as the Pistons keep Prince around you won't quite be a bottom of the barrel team, you can at least count on that.

if you think Tay carried the Pistons to 39 wins you must have missed all of the Pistons games. Don't get me wrong, I love Tay, but he did no carrying.

and 39 wins is going to seem like a lot? What do you expect the Pistons to do next season?

Zander
Hall of Famer

Respect: +269

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 05:55:17 pm »

if you think Tay carried the Pistons to 39 wins you must have missed all of the Pistons games. Don't get me wrong, I love Tay, but he did no carrying.

and 39 wins is going to seem like a lot? What do you expect the Pistons to do next season?

Stuckey did the carrying?

Whenever I watched it seemed like the only person having a good game was Prince, and the rest of the team didn't know what the hell it was doing.

How bad are they going to be? Unless they sign a savior in FA they'll be worse than this year.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 05:57:42 pm by Zander » Logged

Sig by bbyao06
strangeflower
Undrafted

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 09:33:33 am »

I don't know about Prince doing the "carrying" per say.  There were moments when Rip was playing out of his mind darn near averaging a double double and towards the end of the season the most unlikely cat stepped up... Bynum.  It's going to come down to Detroit being able to draft a strong post presence and pair that person up with an athletic big man who can defend and create extra possessions. (offensive rebounds!!)

I don't think Ben Gordon will be the second option for Detroit.  Possible scenario: Odom!

Why?

Ariza can be had using the MLE and that incentive alone is enough for the Lakers to nix Odom with their already loaded frontcourt.  Odom will be on the market and you can pair him up with a guy like Boozer as your SF option and package Tay with Amir or Tay with the 15th pick and go after Chandler from New Orleans, Detroit would have a mean front court.  That still does not address the 3 point need but I do believe they will have a little space to sign a free agent who can shoot the rock.  There are a ton of possibilities here.

/*Sleepless in the D*/
bi11ups
Journeyman

Mr. Big Shot

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 01:39:59 pm »

The Redwings lost too now
Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

Respect: +2046

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 02:25:41 pm »

Stuckey did the carrying?

Whenever I watched it seemed like the only person having a good game was Prince, and the rest of the team didn't know what the hell it was doing.

How bad are they going to be? Unless they sign a savior in FA they'll be worse than this year.

I don't think anyone carried the Pistons. Tay played his role, rip stepped up big, stuck fell off, bynum came out of nowhere, sheed didn't give a f*ck, amir got worse, walter wasn't allowed to play (Joe D, WTF?>!) Maxiell didn't give a f*ck, Kwame brown... well.... anyway.... McDyess stepped up (I really hope he stays...) A.I=lmao and Coach Curry didn't impress me one bit.

I hope Curry becomes an assistant to Bill Lambeer. Lambeer would not tolerate players who don't try hard the entire game. He embodies defense and toughness. He would demand offensive rebounds and not allow the other team to get any offensive rebounds. Get him the damn coaching hat Joe D. Or we can have Coach "Um" Curry who looks like a deer in the headlights out there

ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 06:31:53 pm »

I don't think anyone carried the Pistons. Tay played his role, rip stepped up big, stuck fell off, bynum came out of nowhere, sheed didn't give a f*ck, amir got worse, walter wasn't allowed to play (Joe D, WTF?>!) Maxiell didn't give a f*ck, Kwame brown... well.... anyway.... McDyess stepped up (I really hope he stays...) A.I=lmao and Coach Curry didn't impress me one bit.

I hope Curry becomes an assistant to Bill Lambeer. Lambeer would not tolerate players who don't try hard the entire game. He embodies defense and toughness. He would demand offensive rebounds and not allow the other team to get any offensive rebounds. Get him the damn coaching hat Joe D. Or we can have Coach "Um" Curry who looks like a deer in the headlights out there

Hahahaha you really are an idiot oofeezy  Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: