Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Summer Moves  (Read 14847 times)
olsons3
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: June 27, 2009, 09:10:46 am »

Rasho and Baston are definitely out of here...

Daniels is not being picked up, but might be brought back at a lower salary during the free agent period.

McRoberts (FA) is said to have added a bunch of muscle to his frame and has been working his butt off.
Graham (FA) is probably playing elsewhere this next year unless we can re-sign him.

We picked up Price and Hansbrough in the draft, so here's what we have...
PG     Jack, Ford, Diener, Tinsley, Price(not garanteed)
SG     Rush
SF     Granger, Dunleavey
PF     Murphy, McRoberts, Hansbrough
C      Hibbert, Foster

What else is to be done???

With Dunleavey out, we need to get back or keep either Graham (my choice) or Daniels.  Another person with experience in the system is Kareem Rush, who is a Free Agent.

Diener has decided to stay, but I could see a trade in his future.
TJ Ford could also be up for trade.  But that depends on whether we retain Jack.

Jarrett Jack needs to be extended an offer.  I likes the way the team responded to him down the stretch. 

Tinsley will get a buyout in arbitration this summer.

Boom Baby!!!!
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 09:29:27 am »

wouldnt be surpised if Daniels resigns, cheaper of course.
sportsnut
Starter

Respect: +8

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 03:29:23 pm »

we need to resign jack, he could fill in at backup sg while dunleavy is out. 
Dynasty
MVP

Respect: +788

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 04:24:53 pm »

I prefer Jack much more than Ford.  I say resign him and trade TJ, use Price as a backup.

Hows this for a deal?  Say Jason Kidd doesn't resign with Dallas.  Why not ship Ford out to the Mavs for Jerry Stackhouse?

UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 07:56:56 am »

no thanks, Ford isn't perfect but he is still very talented and can be a game winner.
Dynasty
MVP

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 10:35:43 pm »

no thanks, Ford isn't perfect but he is still very talented and can be a game winner.
Yeah but I just don't trust him with his injury history and he seems to be kind of an ***.  I trust Jack a lot more and he won't be as expensive.
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 11:56:21 pm »

Jack seems to be more passionate about the game without being cocky.  He really seems to enjoy being out there, and the guys just respond to him. 

Price will be a good backup, but watch Aaron Jackson, in summer league.  This is a kid from Duquesne, mid major, and didn't get the looks he deserved.  He's 6-4 and has probably more upside than Price.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Aaron-Jackson-5677/  Nice review...   great find...

Boom Baby!!!!
Dynasty
MVP

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 10:47:54 pm »

Jack seems to be more passionate about the game without being cocky.  He really seems to enjoy being out there, and the guys just respond to him. 

Price will be a good backup, but watch Aaron Jackson, in summer league.  This is a kid from Duquesne, mid major, and didn't get the looks he deserved.  He's 6-4 and has probably more upside than Price.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Aaron-Jackson-5677/  Nice review...   great find...

Yeah he was very good at Duquesne last year.  I hope he can eventually develop into a nice, solid, role player, similar to what Anthony Johnson was for us.
naptown
Star

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 09:28:39 am »

Yeah but I just don't trust him with his injury history and he seems to be kind of an ***.  I trust Jack a lot more and he won't be as expensive.
for what his expiring contract?
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 08:05:50 pm »

OK...   
We just added former Nugget Dahntay Jones, and we have signed Hansbrough.  Here's where we stand...

PG     Jack (RFA), Ford, Diener, Tinsley
SG     Rush, Jones
SF     Granger, Dunleavey
PF     Murphy, McRoberts(RFA), Hansbrough
C       Hibbert, Foster

Price is a second rounder and his contract is not guaranteed.  The team is close to re-signing McRoberts.  They are turning their attentions to signing Jack.  If they do that surely means Ford and/or Diener will be traded.  Arbitration is still coming for the Tin-Man, which could garner him a buyout, and open the roster spot.

Watching Hibbert and Hansbrough, along with Rush and McRoberts before they got dinged up, has me thinking hmmm....  Hibbert is looking strong but not playing against elite players.  He was 7 for 7 from the line today, and 5 for 7 yesterday.  Hansbrough looks really good, and I expected him to be that way.  McRoberts looked really strong before spraining the ankle, doing everything.

Once we patch up the bench, we should look pretty good.

Boom Baby!!!!
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 09:41:17 pm »

olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 08:44:26 am »

Josh seemed really comfortable up in the booth.  That was funny.

I sometimes wish Dante and Galante did regular season games.  They are hilarious.

Boom Baby!!!!
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 09:40:22 pm »

yeah Dante and Galante are really good during boring games.

also Josh seems like a top block, somebody you want on the bench not complaining just being a team player.
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2009, 11:04:20 am »

That is why I think the fans liked both he and Graham.  that rode the bench, and when they were asked to step in they did, and instantly injected energy into the team.  They would play hard for a couple games and then sat back on the bench for 15 games. 

I expect that we will see more of Josh this season.  I hope they can sign Graham because he was a good fit here.  Hell sign his twin brother too. 

After you get past the 8th man, these are the kinds of guys you need.  Guys that work hard and know their job.

Boom Baby!!!!
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2009, 11:42:10 am »

Hey UNIT... 

Assuming we sign Jack, who do you drop at the PG spot.  Diener or Ford and who do you try to trade them for???

Price needs to be here.  If we have the Tin-Man on the roster, we are eating up spots with PGs that could be used for other people.

Ford to Philly for Willie Green?Huh

Diener to Phoenix for future stuff???

Boom Baby!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Jump to: