Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Summer Moves  (Read 14846 times)
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 01:04:19 pm »

keep the roster as it is.

jack = general
ford = instant offence
deiner = 3 pt shooting pg
price = young project
naptown
Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 12:27:27 pm »

jack's outta there he's not coming back which sucks
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 12:36:09 pm »

wish we had of drafted Patty Mills, he could play backup pg.
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 02:32:10 pm »

Diener isn't horrible.  AJ Price is going to be pretty good.

I would love to see us make a move to get Tony Douglas from New York.  He will be special.

When is the Tinsley Arbitration hearing???  trade him to NYK for Douglas and something.

Boom Baby!!!!
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 11:32:00 pm »

McRoberts Signed
Jack off to Toronto
Tinsley Waived
Watson signing on Friday

I expect we'll keep Price also.

Ford - Watson - Diener - Price
Jones - Rush
Granger - Dunleavey
Murphy - Hansbough - McRoberts
Hibbert - Foster

2 spots left....

Boom Baby!!!!
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2009, 11:48:32 pm »

maybe a boston sign n trade...
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 10:52:51 am »

I don't see it.  Sign and trade would be in the 5M range and they have nothing available in that area.  They could do a 2 for 1, but then we eat up our last 2 spots with filler.

If there is a sign and trade it will involve a draft choice or 3 or 4, but I hope we don't go that route.  There are better players in free agency than we could get in a trade with Boston.

The only other choice would be to involve another team and there isn't a good fit that I see.

Let Daniels go quietly.

Boom Baby!!!!
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2009, 11:35:16 pm »

i just want Tony Allen.
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2009, 12:02:46 pm »

I am thinking that you might get your wish.  He is another very active player.  That seems to be the direction we are moving, and that makes me happy.

Hansbrough, McRoberts, Jones, Watson, and Price are all energy guys.  I am not sure how many we will win, but we may win several by attrition.  Run the other team into the ground, and make them fight for every ball, every basket, and just wear them down.

I would like to see us get back Graham, and possibly his brother.  They are both active energy guys.

Boom Baby!!!!
jnzook
Undrafted

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2009, 02:46:31 pm »

New to the forums everyone...Born in Indiana, Pacers and Colts are my teams...Moved to Iowa recently, so I don't have the guys back home to talk pacers with anymore so I'll talk em with you guys.

Personally, I'm not the biggest fans of the moves made so far this offseason, and if we do a sign and trade with boston for daniels, I think that would just be ridiculous. Why trade for scalabrine and allen, just let daniels go and focus on free agents. Also, I think we should make a push to try and get andre miller thru a sign and trade with philly. send them ford and a 2nd rnd pick or cash. miller is a top pg. he can score, he plays good solid d, he can flurish in up-tempo systems such as ours, and he is a great passer. he along with the cast we have and maybe adding another young wing for cheap in free agency and i think we would be a lock for 7-5 spot in the playoffs.

olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2009, 09:18:53 pm »

Welcome to the board jnzook.

I personally don't like the idea of the sign and trade either.  I do however like the draft for the Pacers, getting Hansbrough and Price.  I like them signing McRoberts.  I think we would have been better to keep Jack, but not for the money he was going to get.  I really like the waving of Tinsley.

I see the direction they are trying to go, by bringing in energy guys who are capable scorers and good defenders.  Danny has always had to guard the best wing player, which drains him.  Now we have Jones, and Rush is starting to defend better, which will help us in the long run.

I am not sure on the PG situation, but I really like Price for the future.  Once he gets a chance to understand the Pro game he will be fun to watch.  He is like a tinsley, with a limiter on his game that stops him from making stupid flashy passes with the game on the line.

Boom Baby!!!!
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2009, 12:35:14 am »

welcome jnzook.
pimpydoo
Undrafted

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2009, 01:23:05 pm »

New to the board as well........Die-Hard Pacers fan living in Toronto....family is all from the I so that's where my roots are so to speak. Really like what the Pacers have done so far this off-season and I like how they are giving themselves options and covering all the bases...Would like to see them add a player like Carney or a shot blocker to give them more athleticism, im sure thats the area that they will be addressing....They don't need to blow their money on somebody overpriced...they're playing this off-season smart and building the team through chemistry around Granger,Hibbert,Rush it's great hopefully they can hold on to these players for a few years at least. They used to have a problem with 2 many chiefs and not enough Indians when they had Artest,Miller,O'Neal,Harrington...I see this year as more improvement and more wins. They are drafting WINNERS, not just names or "potential". I think they can gamble on their last addition through free agency now, they have the right makeup in the locker room
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2009, 05:08:37 am »

Jones is a good pickup, still youngish, good 3rd Center.
jnzook
Undrafted

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2009, 10:18:33 am »

Ya. He's a good pickup, but we already have plenty of big men if you ask me. Hibbert, Foster, Murphy, McRoberts, Hansbrough, and granger can play PF if we go with a small lineup. That's 6 people. With Solomon its now 7. We only have Granger, Rush, D. Jones, and if/when he gets healthy Dunleavy to play the 2 or 3 spot. That's 3 possibly 4. Why not sign another good young wing player, say Carney maybe. 3 point threat, good athlete, and another hometown guy. Also, rumors says they are looking at signing a backup center that played with the mavs last year. another big man? Come on now.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Jump to: