Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Agent News  (Read 1331 times)
Bulls/Pistons
Star

Respect: +10

« on: June 30, 2009, 10:41:13 am »

Two small items that I think us fans will still find interesting:

One, the Pistons did not make a qualifying offer to Walter Herrmann (aka Wet), making him an unrestricted free agent as opposed to a restricted free agent

and

Two, Kwame Brown (aka Sucks) decided not to exercise his player option, meaning he will be a free agent next year as opposed to this year.
Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

Respect: +2046

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 12:27:27 pm »

I really hope we resign Walter. Go baseline Walter! haha I love his game. Give him another year Joe!

Bulls/Pistons
Star

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 12:30:09 pm »

Herrmann is easily one of my favorite Pistons players.  The trade we made for him 2 years ago with the Bobcats was a steal.  Let's recap shall we:

Walter Herrmann & Primoz Brezec

for

Nazr Mohammed.

Then we trade Brezec and cash to the Raptors for Juan Dixon.
French-Kobe
Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 12:17:31 pm »

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-gordonvillanueva070109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Charlie V and Gordon visit the Pistons organization today...I think if they sign Gordon , they will trade Hamilton...If they don't I think they will have the same problem than last year with Iverson. And I don't think they will give something like 10/12 millions per year for a 6th man job.

Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 01:00:42 pm »

I want to know whats going on with Rasheed. If he is going to just play for the $ he can go somewhere else. But if he wants to help us win another ring, offer him a 2 year deal.

French-Kobe
Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 01:11:43 pm »

I want to know whats going on with Rasheed. If he is going to just play for the $ he can go somewhere else. But if he wants to help us win another ring, offer him a 2 year deal.

Sheed will leave for sure....Don't forget he asked for a buyout during last season.

Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 03:48:09 pm »

Sheed will leave for sure....Don't forget he asked for a buyout during last season.

Really? I was unaware of that. If he does leave, what a sad way to go out. Very disappointing season. When he comes back to the Palace it next season we better have Sheed appreciation night or something, same with McDyess

Bulls/Pistons
Star

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 03:55:22 pm »

I have had the feeling Rasheed was going to leave.  Right now he's pulling a Michael Finley/P.J. Brown/Stephon Marbury, etc.  He is an aging player who is on the downturn who has already made the big bucks and simply wants a championship now.  With Sheed and AI leaving, that probably somewhere close to $45 million dollars in cap room.  We can sign whoever the hell we want for as much as we want with that cash.  I say we sign Gordon and Turkoglu.  Screw Villanueva, he is just a poor man's Rasheed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: