Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Minnesota - running team?  (Read 4213 times)
Igor-Mo
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: July 10, 2009, 11:16:59 am »

Mad Dog in his blog wrote, that MINN will be a running team next season.

http://markmadsen.com/blog/

Flynn, Al (at C), Brewer, Ellington and may be Love will be OK in running team, but what about Gomes? Or he will move at PF spot?
And coach... Terner?
shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 10:28:46 pm »

We had a running style at the end of last year so it's not surprising we'd be putting it in again this year. It makes more sense when you realise we have no reliable 3pt shooters so we can't afford to slow it down too much. Gomes will still start over Brewer at the start but even if Brewer gets started ahead of him Gomes will just go to the bench. No big deal.

I'm glad Kahn is looking at every candidate and right now I like Monty Williams. He's done a good job developing players in Portland and has at least been an assistant coach unlike Marc Jackson.

Igor-Mo
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 02:36:57 am »

I hope,that Ellington will grew up in a consistent 3-pt shooter.

Monty Williams has done a good job  developing American players, not Spanish. So, Rubio is in great danger.  Smiley
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 09:30:58 am »

I don't think nationality has a lot to do with a players' ability or a teachers' ability. I love how Madsen is saying what they team is going to be without a coach in place.

RIP Madawg
Klutch012
Journeyman

Respect: +17

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 10:15:57 pm »

we could run with gomes at 3 imo, but i think maybe brewer could start at 2 for a while because i cant see a backcourt of ellington and flynn at the beginning of the season or somewhere near it 
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 09:08:22 am »

The 2 is called 'Shooting Guard'. Brewer isn't close to anything that's called 'shooting'. Wink

This team needs a SCORER. We gave up Foye and Miller, 15 and 10 ppg respectively. Who's going to make that up? Gomes is a 6th man ideally, 12ppg is his number. Love will be able to score between 14 and 17ppg, Al will get his 20+... what about the rest? Flynn seems capable of scoring. Rubio does not score a lot... and Ellington while a gifted scorer is just a low 1st round pick. We need to wheel and deal agaion. For a real SG.
shangrila
MVP

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 10:37:43 am »

There's nothing decent available. Anyone that is is either too old or has far to many holes in their game.

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 02:54:13 pm »

There's nothing decent available. Anyone that is is either too old or has far to many holes in their game.
How about Q-Rich, rofl? HAHAHAH what the hell!
shangrila
MVP

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 06:21:55 pm »

Eh. If my square shit doesn't fit through a round pipe I'm happy to swap it for some round stuff.

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 09:46:58 am »

Shangrila you are the king of analogies.

Soon....
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 10:01:09 am »

Eh. If my square shit doesn't fit through a round pipe I'm happy to swap it for some round stuff.
Problem is, Q-Rich won't even fit in the locker room. He's 'Toine 2.0. Kahn said they already ordered new basketballs because first thing Q-Rich did upon arriving in the Twin Cities was eating two.
shangrila
MVP

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 05:01:23 am »

If we can train him to eat people we'll have the only answer for Lebron.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: