Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down

Author Topic: The Reveal  (Read 49438 times)
Keyser Soze
MVP

One day I will kill...all of you.

« Reply #225 on: January 20, 2011, 06:13:15 pm »

Anyone who does that "social experiment" has serious issues because no internet forum is worth the time and effort to do something like that.  Especially for years.  That's the sign of someone who has issues.

Most Time Online

Skippy 138d 23h 16m
chelo 135d 21h 5m
cselby 130d 18h 33m
Zander 125d 16h 14m
zunami23 116d 6h 14m
STAT City 106d 18h 10m
Miami's Finest 93d 19h 38m
xduckshoex 90d 16h 58m
Stinkinbishop 77d 7h 34m
Jason Rubin 74d 15h 24m

10th most active person on the entire forum. I could understand it if it was just a persona he used once a week or so when he was bored, but 10th most active on the entire forum?

I think it's admirable that Selby's put that much work in on his incredibly boring forum personality.

Sometimes, I don't know why I *** with Hoopshype
kafogahoga
MVP

« Reply #226 on: January 20, 2011, 07:08:32 pm »

Anyone who does that "social experiment" has serious issues because no internet forum is worth the time and effort to do something like that.  Especially for years.  That's the sign of someone who has issues.

Most Time Online

Skippy 138d 23h 16m
chelo 135d 21h 5m
cselby 130d 18h 33m
Zander 125d 16h 14m
zunami23 116d 6h 14m
STAT City 106d 18h 10m
Miami's Finest 93d 19h 38m
xduckshoex 90d 16h 58m
Stinkinbishop 77d 7h 34m
Jason Rubin 74d 15h 24m

10th most active person on the entire forum. I could understand it if it was just a persona he used once a week or so when he was bored, but 10th most active on the entire forum?

I think it's admirable that Selby's put that much work in on his incredibly boring forum personality.

short in size, tall in swag

Would take Hardaway over Payton in man to man defense.
Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

« Reply #227 on: January 20, 2011, 07:18:59 pm »

I think one of the big points that is being missed here was that the greenwing character was also meant to increase the activity of the forums.  I think the activity of this thread and the now several others that have popped up due to "The Reveal" show just how much influence I had as greenwing.

zunami showed a good example of one of my blog posts.  That's who I am.  That's who I'm going to be on this forum from now on.  For those of you who are still upset, I can empathize.  But instead of placing wasted time and effort into complaining about this, it's really best to just let it go.  greenwing is gone and he's not returning.

Zander
Hall of Famer

« Reply #228 on: January 20, 2011, 07:20:28 pm »

Hoopshype won't let me post the link because Jason's website was considered spam. I'll just post this article. I feel like it's really indicative of Jason Rubin's true self and we really see him step out of his greenwing character here.

An attack on the integrity of the game

Brad Miller: Where Will The Refs Screw You This Year?

I make it no secret that I bleed Bulls basketball. My regular readers will tell you that I am a die-hard Bulls fan. As Dwyane Wade once said, “the Chicago Bulls are in my DNA”. And in my case, that is absolutely true. So forgive me if I have my Bulls blinders on in this situation. But this really needs to be discussed. As much as I am a Bulls fan, I am a basketball fan first and foremost. And I am greatly disturbed by the lack in judgment that occurred last night with the collection of stooges that consisted of Mark Wunderlich, Matt Boland and Eric Dalen. It is also shameful that NBA senior vice president of referee operations, Ron Johnson, defended their decision after they did an absolutely horrible job overall calling last night’s Denver versus Chicago game.

For those unaware of the situation, Brad Miller’s late game heroics in which he quickly caught, shot and made a long two-pointer with 0.3 seconds to go to seal a Bulls victory was overruled after video review by the aforementioned referees. Of course, I was crestfallen at hearing the news and I was quick to my feet in scavenging for a replay. And when I finally saw the multiple various angles, I breathed a sigh of relief.

Why did I do this? Because of the following NBA rule:

“Instant replay reviews will be conducted and processed in two minutes or less by the game officials. The call made during play will only be reversed when the replay provides the officials with a “clear and conclusive” basis to do so.”

Say what you will about whether or not Brad Miller still had his fingertips on the ball when the clock ran down to 0.0 seconds. But regardless if you think the call should have gone one way or the other, no one can definitely say whether or not there was a small separation between Brad Miller’s hands and the ball when the clock expired due to the forward movement of the shot. Miller did not have a chance to get into his typical shooting form and there has been no view that can definitively demonstrate that there was no separation between his fingertips and the ball when the clock expired. Therefore, since there is no “clear and conclusive” evidence to call the shot good or not good, the ruling on the court which gave the Bulls the victory should have stood.

Besides the fact that there is not a single shot that can definitively show beyond a shadow of a doubt what exactly happened, there are other factors that must be taken into account here. The referees specifically put 0.3 seconds on the clock to allow for a potential catch and shoot type scenario. The Trent Tucker rule was put into place for just this type of situation. So why rule the shot no good? You have to take into consideration that as much we all want the shot clock to be accurate, human error does play a role. And while the shot clock is supposed to start once a player touches the ball, do we know for sure that the shot clock keeper started the countdown at the exact moment in time that Brad Miller touched the ball?

While it is certainly upsetting to Bulls fans that this occurred, what irks me to no end was that the NBA clearly is not following their own rule. If the NBA believes they need to save face for the referees, that is one thing. And I can totally understand that thinking because of the fragile ties right now between the league and the referees. But by doing so, they are indirectly attacking the integrity of the game.

Why create a rule if you are not going to enforce it? I sincerely hope that the NBA front office will take to heart their own rules in the future because right now they seriously have a lesson or two to learn from the NFL about instant replay.

That's the exact argument greenwing made at the time and not a single non-Bulls fan agreed with him. It certainly looked like the ball was still in Miller's hands.

Sig by bbyao06
Stinkinbishop
a.k.a. stinkinbishop
MVP

Eventually Black.

« Reply #229 on: January 20, 2011, 07:21:37 pm »

I think one of the big points that is being missed here was that the greenwing character was also meant to increase the activity of the forums.  I think the activity of this thread and the now several others that have popped up due to "The Reveal" show just how much influence I had as greenwing.

zunami showed a good example of one of my blog posts.  That's who I am.  That's who I'm going to be on this forum from now on.  For those of you who are still upset, I can empathize.  But instead of placing wasted time and effort into complaining about this, it's really best to just let it go.  greenwing is gone and he's not returning.

They're popping up because you're a douche actually.

Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

« Reply #230 on: January 20, 2011, 07:26:44 pm »

No, the douches are the internet tough guys who hide behind a screen name and say stuff online that they wouldn't normally say to others in person.  I've outed myself.  I have nothing to hide.  And I'm no longer playing that game that several others on this forum continue to do.

Like I've said, greenwing is gone.  I would hope you would give me the benefit of the doubt and judge me on my basketball discussion instead of a fake internet character.

Stinkinbishop
a.k.a. stinkinbishop
MVP

Eventually Black.

« Reply #231 on: January 20, 2011, 07:33:27 pm »

No, the douches are the internet tough guys who hide behind a screen name and say stuff online that they wouldn't normally say to others in person.  I've outed myself.  I have nothing to hide.  And I'm no longer playing that game that several others on this forum continue to do.

Like I've said, greenwing is gone.  I would hope you would give me the benefit of the doubt and judge me on my basketball discussion instead of a fake internet character.

Well, I would call you a douche to your face. But whatever.

I'm not angry, if it seems I am, because that would just be dumb. I'm writing these things whilst chuckling. I just can't stand seeing people lieing to save face, and I'm sorry, but yours is blatant.
I've been here a while and I consider a lot of the guys here friends, so I do actually resent you thinking they're dumb enough to buy into this BS. Come on, sure, you may from time to time have exagerrated some things for fun, but we all know that you creating a 'character' is a lie and kinda pathetic that you're creating this story to back peddle and save face. Asuming we're stupid enough to believe it speaks volumes of your real character.

yiskobesogood2
Hall of Famer

« Reply #232 on: January 20, 2011, 07:34:14 pm »

I like turtles.

Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

« Reply #233 on: January 20, 2011, 07:39:24 pm »

Well, I would call you a douche to your face. But whatever.

I'm not angry, if it seems I am, because that would just be dumb. I'm writing these things whilst chuckling. I just can't stand seeing people lieing to save face, and I'm sorry, but yours is blatant.
I've been here a while and I consider a lot of the guys here friends, so I do actually resent you thinking they're dumb enough to buy into this BS. Come on, sure, you may from time to time have exagerrated some things for fun, but we all know that you creating a 'character' is a lie and kinda pathetic that you're creating this story to back peddle and save face. Asuming we're stupid enough to believe it speaks volumes of your real character.

Maybe you should give it a little time to see the difference in posting before you make a final judgment?  Just a suggestion.

zunami23
Hall of Famer

« Reply #234 on: January 20, 2011, 07:42:59 pm »

Jason.. you know that I posted the article to show that it's exactly the same persona as you are on here. You are what you are... even if you don't like it.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #235 on: January 20, 2011, 07:50:01 pm »

We can either judge you based on the fact that you said consistently stupid things for over 3 years, or based on the fact that you claimed you have been lying to everyone for over 3 years.  I don't think either one is particularly appealing, so I have no idea what you were thinking.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
lil_flip_remix
MVP

Montréal, Canada

« Reply #236 on: January 20, 2011, 09:39:14 pm »

I think one of the big points that is being missed here was that the greenwing character was also meant to increase the activity of the forums.  I think the activity of this thread and the now several others that have popped up due to "The Reveal" show just how much influence I had as greenwing.

zunami showed a good example of one of my blog posts.  That's who I am.  That's who I'm going to be on this forum from now on.  For those of you who are still upset, I can empathize.  But instead of placing wasted time and effort into complaining about this, it's really best to just let it go.  greenwing is gone and he's not returning.

You realise people are posting in this thread because they think you're a sad person? You just lie to people and act like an *** for years and you think people will like you because you've ''changed''? I won't.

Flip is the only poster I trust enough to have added on Facebook haha. he also happens to be a beautiful man
RepeatTheThreepeat
MVP

« Reply #237 on: January 20, 2011, 09:41:16 pm »

someone who spent 10,000 posts as a gimmick is telling us about wasted time and effort.

Miami's Finest
MVP

« Reply #238 on: January 20, 2011, 09:47:30 pm »

Greens probably the most hated person on this forum now, even by Bulls fans.

The Situation
a.k.a. Lance Blanks
Starter

"Looks like we got a situation"

« Reply #239 on: January 20, 2011, 10:01:50 pm »

The most irritating part of this is that greenwing doesn't realise how much and why people hate him.

1. The 'persona' you take on in an internet forum is a reflection of yourself in some way, we hated greenwing and we hate you.

2. Anybody who puts in so much time into such a pointless endeavour with the singular goal of baiting negative reactions from randoms and takes pride in it in retrospect is a very sad and powerless person in real-life by any of our standards.

Stay and post however you like but know that everyone who saw this saga holds you in the lowest regard as an internet personality and a person in real life.

We pity you.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up

Jump to: