Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Summer League Game 1  (Read 3793 times)
olsons3
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: July 06, 2009, 01:48:28 pm »

First half is complete...

Hibbert hasn't looked good.
Rush is starting to get it going.
Hansbrough looks better on defensive end, uncomfortable in offense
McRoberts looks really good.

Other notables:  AJ Price, Trey Johnson

Boom Baby!!!!
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 02:52:02 pm »

Second half ...

Hibbert much better
Hansbrough got into a little rhythm
Rush looked off
McRoberts still was our best player.

Trey Johnson was OK

Point guard play was nothing to write home about.  Neither Blalock or Price were impressive.  Still looking forward to seeing Aaron Jackson.

70 - 67 WIN

Boom Baby!!!!
Zander
Hall of Famer

Respect: +269

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 04:01:26 am »

McRobert's left in crutches after spraining his ankle during game 2.

Sig by bbyao06
JR
a.k.a. JR the BeatBeast & Mr. Solo Dolo & Queensbridge
Hall of Famer

#RARE

Respect: +337

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 08:36:54 am »

McRobert's left in crutches after spraining his ankle during game 2.

i need a pictue of him and his beard

UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 06:54:10 am »

Tyler/Hibbert did very well in game 2.
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 05:08:49 pm »

Hibbert/Hansbrough looked good in game 3 also, along with Price.

Boom Baby!!!!
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 07:54:08 pm »

Game 4...

Hibbert was a monster and he and Hansbrough are just killing the opponents.

I also really liked the way Price is playing.  This may be good and may not be good.  We have 4 other PGs under contract right now. 

Trey Johnson played solid on the wing.  I think he earned a training camp invite.  Aaron Jackson as looked awkward, not bad, just awkward.

I can't imagine how bad a whoopin' the summer league team would be handing out if McRoberts and Rush were still active.

Boom Baby!!!!
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 05:52:20 pm »

Hibbert and Hansbrough were elected to summer league first team, and Hungry, hungry Hibbert was the MVP.

Hansbrough turned some heads, including all the head coaches.  If he keeps up this intensity, you could see how it propelled Hibbert during the games, Bird will look like a genius. 

Boom Baby!!!!
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 09:37:59 pm »

the 2 of them high five'd on every play, hopfully they get along for years to come.
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2009, 11:23:49 am »

This makes for an interesting subplot...

Obrien tends to look at grouping stats.  If Hansbrough on the floor makes Hibbert's game better, than you have decisions to be made.  Hibbert needs an energy guy, like Hansbrough or McRoberts on the floor with him.  I noticed this lest year.  He seems to mirror his playing partners energy.  Murphy is not an energy guy, so this could affect the starting lineups. 

In game one, I also really liked Hansbrough and McRoberts together on the floor.  They wore out the other teams.  These two never stopped moving.  Perhaps McRoberts could be paired with Murphy to also generate some energy in Murphy.

Hibbert should not be paired with Murphy, together they looked sluggish.

Energy was something our starting lineup was missing last year when Foster came off the bench.

Boom Baby!!!!
abaday
Undrafted

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 02:08:37 pm »

I like what I see so far.  McRoberts, at times last season, was showing the energy they needed.  You can see he truly enjoys the game and takes pride in his game.  It doesn't surprise me that the Pacers just signed him to a mult-year deal.  This year should be pretty good in terms of energy.
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2009, 10:57:12 am »

I coach hockey and the only time I get really mad at my team is when they are out hustled.  I understand mistakes, and I don't expect to win every game, but I expect effort. 

With Jones, Hansbrough, McRoberts, and Foster, most of their contributions are going to be made based on energy and effort.  People will like that, and cheer for that.  Energy and effort are contagious, this team will look different this year, because of that change.

Boom Baby!!!!
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2009, 11:36:27 pm »

not to mention Granger and Travis who are always trying.
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2009, 11:58:39 am »

True, I feel like everyone is trying, but Danny doesn't always convey energy.  Travis, seems to be very energetic.

The other guys are all about the effort.  That is contagious.  Danny played better with Dunleavey on the floor because Mike is always moving, and then Danny becomes the same way.  Murphy played better with Foster up front, because Foster's constant fighting for the ball, has Murphy come up a notch.

I wouldn't be surprised to see frontline combos of Murphy with Foster or McRoberts, and Hibbert with either Hansbrough or McRoberts.  Hibbert with Murphy is like having a nice car that won't start.

I think Jones will start with Granger for the same reason.  Energy is contagious.  If you have one person diving after loose balls, eventually everyone will be.

Boom Baby!!!!
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2009, 12:37:21 am »

problem is Dunleavys breakout came because of Tinsleys ability to find him, cause Dunleavy moves off the ball.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: