Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Chauncey Billups For Ben Gordon, Charlie Villanueava and Chris Wilcox  (Read 2924 times)
Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

Respect: +2046

« on: July 13, 2009, 11:20:12 am »

At first when I heard we signed these players I was kind of disappointed. I'm not that big of a fan of Ben Gordon. I did like the Charlie V signing though. But the more I think about it, the more I like it. I guess I never wanted to accept that we were in "rebuilding mode". It must have been hard on Joe D being so close to the championship but only getting it 1 time. But back to the topic... Who would you rather have on the Pistons for the start of this season? Chauncey Billups or Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueava?

It may be too early to ask this since another deal is looming in the mist (seems like it will be Rip or Tay although a package of Kwame Brown and J-Max has been thrown out there too) but I wanted to see what you guys think.

Joe D, I hope I'm not going to be eating these words.... but I would rather have Ben and Charlie V.... Ben's have worked brilliantly in Detroit in the past... and he is in a position where it could be his job to carry us with his scoring. I really hope he flourishes. I have always been hard on players who play mediocre or poor defense and that is why I haven't really been a fan of his. I want to see him step his D up and I want to see Charlie V and Ben shut all the haters up.

Lets go Detroit. I'm back on board...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 12:05:39 pm by Herbal_Tea* » Logged

Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

Respect: +48

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 12:06:33 pm »

im more exicted about deron washington jonas jerebko summers and austin daye o-ma-gawd
Bulls/Pistons
Star

Respect: +10

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 07:23:53 pm »

im more exicted about deron washington jonas jerebko summers and austin daye o-ma-gawd

I'd have to agree. I want to see what Washington, Jerebko and Summers can do.  Honestly, I think Austin Daye sucks...horribly.  I also think the Pistons should sign Trent Plaisted who can play the 4 and 5, because we need bigs.  He was the other player we acquired last year in a draft day trade (D.J. White for Sharpe and Plaisted).  He played in Italy last year, but got injured early in the season.  He has shown from very good skills in the Summer League so far and I think we should finally claim our property.  We need as many bigs as we can get.  I heard about us signing Drew Gooden, which I think would be awesome.
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 07:27:09 pm »

austin wont suck (in my opinion of course) he can play defense and score nice shot at worst he will be a mike dunlenvy at best hedo turk (and again its my opinion but your welcome to agree disagree)
Bulls/Pistons
Star

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 07:35:56 pm »

austin wont suck (in my opinion of course) he can play defense and score nice shot at worst he will be a mike dunlenvy at best hedo turk (and again its my opinion but your welcome to agree disagree)

What I have seen hasn't impressed me at all, BUT he does not HAVE to be good every night even though he is a high draft pick, which is great.  So, the pressure of performing won't really weigh on him (he probably won't even start).  If he becomes Dunleavy or Turkoglu I will be absolutely thrilled...

But I am so excited about Deron Washington.  I am imaging a smaller Ben Wallace (my favorite player).  I've been watching the Summer League highlights and he is going crazy with dunks and blocks.  He can be the perfect energy player just as Ben was and Maxiell is.
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 02:25:16 pm »

Chauncey.

Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 02:48:53 pm »

Chauncey.
first person to actually answer the proposed question....

Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 03:55:36 pm »

bg7 and cv31 before the pistons made the trade for iverson only thing you heard was the window is closing of aging team. 
Bulls/Pistons
Star

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 04:36:52 pm »

Chauncey, because then we have a good season and Sheed and Dice stay with us.
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 05:42:16 pm »

Chauncey, it's not close.

RIP Madawg
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 07:43:22 pm »

Chauncey, it's not close.

I take BG and CV31 and it's not close...They're 24 and 26.

Johnny Rico
a.k.a. Gucci La Flair & TheLakeShow & Deadmau5
All-Star

Hi Jazz

Respect: +39

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 08:12:16 pm »

Billups. We would have won

Johnny Rico
a.k.a. Gucci La Flair & TheLakeShow & Deadmau5
All-Star

Hi Jazz

Respect: +39

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2009, 08:12:34 pm »

Lolz

Dr.J
Star

The Mecca

Respect: 0

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2009, 06:34:38 pm »

chauncey a floor general with great defense and coming up big in crunch time  any day
over 2 guys that look for money more than for anything else also they dont play very good D and take shots they shouldnt take just not very pistonlike
imo chauncey was the last one of the "old pistons" that should have been traded his game isnt based on athleticism so age wont be a big factor at least for the next 2 seasons

Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2009, 07:02:26 pm »

chauncey a floor general with great defense and coming up big in crunch time  any day
over 2 guys that look for money more than for anything else also they dont play very good D and take shots they shouldnt take just not very pistonlike
imo chauncey was the last one of the "old pistons" that should have been traded his game isnt based on athleticism so age wont be a big factor at least for the next 2 seasons

I like what you said about Chauncey a lot. I completely agree that he should have been the last "old piston" traded...without a doubt. It still bothers me that we don't have him, he is such a great person. I wish him the best of luck next season. And although both CV and BG both play suspect D, I think they will step it up this season. Neither have been in a postiton like this before.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: