Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: spurs lose to the mavs  (Read 3779 times)
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« on: January 06, 2007, 05:58:38 am »

the mavs made spurs-mavs rivalry interesting by defeating the spurs for the second straight time at the at&t center.it looks like they wont be getting the top seed this year

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
td21
All-Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 07:57:50 am »

man we had the game in control for at least 40 minutes and gave it away. no defense in the paint on one in bound and we let somebody get an easy lay up with 2 defenders down there. then dirk put up an air ball and tim instead of watching the ball is looking at the rim and terry comes under his nose from out of bounds and catches it and puts it up for 2. we gave soft fouls in the end like with the devean george and 1 in the paint again with 2 defenders in there. why bruce took the ot shot i don't know unless because he was wide, wide, wide open. i love him for the defensive perimeter  but he is like 2 for 17 or 18 in the new year. by seeing this and other games i think right now we are struggling to finish and our age is starting to show. it is time to get more youth on this team and get rid of those guys like williams, vaughn, and horry who is just nothing anymore. we need more youthful depth we can accually go to for offense on a regular basis. :evil:
manu/chapu
Benchwarmer

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 05:53:58 pm »

Quote from: "td21"
man we had the game in control for at least 40 minutes and gave it away. no defense in the paint on one in bound and we let somebody get an easy lay up with 2 defenders down there. then dirk put up an air ball and tim instead of watching the ball is looking at the rim and terry comes under his nose from out of bounds and catches it and puts it up for 2. we gave soft fouls in the end like with the devean george and 1 in the paint again with 2 defenders in there. why bruce took the ot shot i don't know unless because he was wide, wide, wide open. i love him for the defensive perimeter  but he is like 2 for 17 or 18 in the new year. by seeing this and other games i think right now we are struggling to finish and our age is starting to show. it is time to get more youth on this team and get rid of those guys like williams, vaughn, and horry who is just nothing anymore. we need more youthful depth we can accually go to for offense on a regular basis. :evil:

Totaly agree, i think we have to let go finley too. I really like his game in dallas but his is declining too much he cant hit the jumpers he used to and he hasnt the legs any more to go for the penetration. We need another shooter to help barry if not manu and tony have to penetrate against the whole team. They dont respect our 3s. And td has the same proble in the post we need a shooter and now. Im heavy with this but i think scola could help this team a lot because he can scores and that would make things easy for td, because if the triple mark him scola si going to average easily 30 ppg. Here are his mentions (not championships):2003-2004 ideal first team (i dont remember the word its like in the nba they chose the five better players);ideal first team2004-2005; MVP2004-2005;MVP supercopa 2005-2006;ideal first team 2005-2006 and choose several times in the ideal first team of the euroleague.
td21
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 08:03:47 am »

Quote from: "manu/chapu"

Totaly agree, i think we have to let go finley too. I really like his game in dallas but his is declining too much he cant hit the jumpers he used to and he hasnt the legs any more to go for the penetration. We need another shooter to help barry if not manu and tony have to penetrate against the whole team. They dont respect our 3s. And td has the same problem in the post we need a shooter and now. Im heavy with this but i think scola could help this team a lot because he can scores and that would make things easy for td, because if the triple mark him scola si going to average easily 30 ppg. Here are his mentions (not championships):2003-2004 ideal first team (i dont remember the word its like in the nba they chose the five better players);ideal first team2004-2005; MVP2004-2005;MVP supercopa 2005-2006;ideal first team 2005-2006 and choose several times in the ideal first team of the euroleague.

yeah i agree about finley. michael is one of my favorite players in the league but i just don't think he has got it anymore. he is shooting like thirty some percent from the field this year and that is not good enough, especially when you are a first string bench player. i think pop thinks he will hit an offensive groove but it's not happening. i think he should sit him a liitle more and at the end of this season or before the trade deadline they should trade him while they can still get something for him. it's hard to say but that's just the way it is, who knows though maybe he will pick it up sooner rather than later.
LKdude
Hall of Famer

Respect: +150

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 11:50:50 am »

yeah i agree about finley. michael is one of my favorite players in the league but i just don't think he has got it anymore. he is shooting like thirty some percent from the field this year and that is not good enough, especially when you are a first string bench player. i think pop thinks he will hit an offensive groove but it's not happening. i think he should sit him a liitle more and at the end of this season or before the trade deadline they should trade him while they can still get something for him. it's hard to say but that's just the way it is, who knows though maybe he will pick it up sooner rather than later.

Yeah, I agree - the Spurs should trade Finley for a younger player or players.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 04:13:25 am »

Quote from: "LKdude"

[/b]

maybe if they involve him in the trade for maggette,the clippers might agree.the clippers would be getting a 34yo former all-star who was averaging 20 points just three years ago.and he doesnt have a long hefty contract.the spurs would hate to see udrih and barry leave because both complements their system so well with their three-point shooting.if they both leave there wont be anyone left to be a back-up point-guard.that would bring to much stress to ginobili.barry also has better leadership skills than finley

trade:

to the spurs-paul davis,corey maggette

to the clippers-finley,eric williams(contract expiring)

td21
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 04:16:56 pm »

Quote from: "kingdumcome"

[/b]

maybe if they involve him in the trade for maggette,the clippers might agree.the clippers would be getting a 34yo former all-star who was averaging 20 points just three years ago.and he doesnt have a long hefty contract.the spurs would hate to see udrih and barry leave because both complements their system so well with their three-point shooting.if they both leave there wont be anyone left to be a back-up point-guard.that would bring to much stress to ginobili.barry also has better leadership skills than finley

trade:

i like that trade a lot.
manu/chapu
Benchwarmer

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 06:15:11 pm »

Quote from: "kingdumcome"

[/b]

trade:

i like that trade a lot.

I like it even more but if i were a LA fan i wouldnt do it, what is their benefit there in the short term?I think we should give finley, udrih(we can get another pg of similar level) and something else(not sure what)but not barry he has benn shooting well and he is a positive leader
TransTeam
Starter

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 01:13:35 am »

also lost to lakers
Mavsguru
Starter

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 01:55:13 pm »

It's over fellas.  Winning in OT in a game seven at San Antonio like the Mavs did last year has given the Mavs the confidence they previously lacked with San Antonio.  Plus, apart from Parker and a couple of mediocre to average youngsters, you can expect no improvement among their players, however you can expect Horry, Barry, Finley and Bowen to continue their decline due to age, followed not too far away by Ginobli and Timmy.  Meanwhile the Mavs and Suns are much improved and other teams like Utah, Denver and Houston are on the rise.  

Right now both the Mavs and Suns would take SA in no more than 5 games.
td21
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 04:17:20 pm »

Quote from: "Mavsguru"
It's over fellas.  Winning in OT in a game seven at San Antonio like the Mavs did last year has given the Mavs the confidence they previously lacked with San Antonio.  Plus, apart from Parker and a couple of mediocre to average youngsters, you can expect no improvement among their players, however you can expect Horry, Barry, Finley and Bowen to continue their decline due to age, followed not too far away by Ginobli and Timmy.  Meanwhile the Mavs and Suns are much improved and other teams like Utah, Denver and Houston are on the rise.  

i do agree with the age ceclining part definently. as i just keep saying over and over again we need to invest in more youth.
manu/chapu
Benchwarmer

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 05:58:25 pm »

i do agree with the age ceclining part definently. as i just keep saying over and over again we need to invest in more youth.

I agree that the mavs would win us but phoenix thats a good one.......the most overrated team of the universe because everyone likes the shoot before getting the ball thing.And im confident that we will invest well as we have been doing in the last ten years.
Pervis Ellison
MVP

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 06:17:17 pm »

it could be the suns turn this year.but next year when everyone already has their shot,i dont see anyone stopping the spurs

Mavsguru
Starter

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 08:23:25 pm »

I think Dallas would whoop 'em in 5 at the most.  They have the psychological edge now, they're deeper, and they can outrun the Spurs with ease.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 09:19:42 pm »

I think Dallas would whoop 'em in 5 at the most.  They have the psychological edge now, they're deeper, and they can outrun the Spurs with ease.

I think your crazy.

Soon....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: