Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pistons Trade Afflalo, Sharpe To Denver  (Read 819 times)
Bulls/Pistons
Star

Respect: +10

« on: July 13, 2009, 07:32:10 pm »

The Pistons have traded guard Arron Afflalo and forward Walter Sharpe to the Denver Nuggets in exchange for a second round pick in 2011 and cash.  According to what I read on ESPN, this frees up over $2 million in cap room, which we can use to sign another big.  ESPN threw around the names of Big Baby Davis (who is restricted) and Drew Gooden (who is unrestricted).  Either way, this move is great, because we need a big.  Afflalo was going to loose major minutes this year and I think that Bynum has more potential than him anyway.  Sharpe straight up sucked and depending on if we ever sign Trent Plaisted, the D.J. White trade may turn out to bite us in the @$$...hard.  I would love to have Gooden or Big Baby because both of them can play the 5, although we would be completely undersized as both are about 6'10".  I would take either of them over Afflalo and Sharpe, but will either of them accept a $2 million salary, although the $2 million discussed in the article may be ADDITIONAL to what we already have, instead of our entire cap space.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 07:31:49 pm by Bulls/Pistons » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: