Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: BWallace > Bulls Chandler>Hornets AHarringto>TO  (Read 4172 times)
ollie
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: July 03, 2006, 08:29:29 pm »

Is that possible... we are running out of free agents to sign!!

The Hawks were hot on MJames and The Bulls were hot on Al Harrington...

Where is Al gonna go... probably Indiana eh....

There has been buzz about this MJ sign and trade to Atlanta before...

just thinking...

Does he even fit??

What money bet he get $9 for 6

questions...
Kilogram
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 09:35:14 pm »

yeah, indiana is real high on Al and Al is real high on Indiana... so i dont know if Toronto could get him, but if they offered him a lot of money who knows?
TORaps
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 09:56:20 pm »

Toronto would not get Al Harrington because he costs too much money and ya Indiana really does want him especially now since Peja ditched them. Plus we already have AB and Graham playing SF, that is why we traded away CV. If anything I would trade James for a SG, would like to see JR Smith (since he will probably be traded) play behind MoPete. I think he'd shine in TO but Hornets would have to throw in someone else like Marc Jackson (who's in his last yr of contract) to make the trade work out.
bakax
Journeyman

Respect: +3

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 10:21:52 pm »

New Orleans probably would not have interested in Mike James.  They got Chris Paul and they just signed Bobby Jackson.  Atlanta already signed Speedy Claxton to be their starting PG.  Teams that seem to be interested in Mike James are Dallas and Houston.  Dallas and Houston do not seem to have the player that would fit for Toronto though.  I don't like M. Daniels and his "big" contract and BC seems to agree with me (apparently the Raptors rejected that).  

I hope the potential partner for the Mike James sign-and-trade and the trading players could be:

Philadelphia 76ers: Louis Williams, Kyle Korver, Willie Green, Andre Iguodala, Steven Hunter

Indiana Pacers: Anthony Johnson, Sarunas Jasikevicius, Danny Granger, Jeff Foster, David Harrison

Miami Heat: Dorell Wright

Minnesota Timberwolves: Trenton Hassell, Rashad McCants

Los Angeles Lakers: Andrew Bynum

I would like to see some of these players come back from the S&T Mike James, but it's not likely... :wink:

Raptors + Rockets + Suns
TORaps
Undrafted

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 10:27:56 pm »

Ya that's true New Orleans won't be looking for a PG so scratch JR Smith, but those other players don't have contracts that match up with what Mike James is hoping for (6-8mil). If anything teams would have to throw in fillers we jus really need a decent back-up SG.
Biggs
Benchwarmer

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 04:00:45 am »

Quote from: "bakax"
New Orleans probably would not have interested in Mike James.  They got Chris Paul and they just signed Bobby Jackson.  Atlanta already signed Speedy Claxton to be their starting PG.  Teams that seem to be interested in Mike James are Dallas and Houston.  Dallas and Houston do not seem to have the player that would fit for Toronto though.  I don't like M. Daniels and his "big" contract and BC seems to agree with me (apparently the Raptors rejected that).  

I hope the potential partner for the Mike James sign-and-trade and the trading players could be:

Indiana Pacers: Anthony Johnson, Sarunas Jasikevicius, Danny Granger, Jeff Foster, David Harrison

I would like to see some of these players come back from the S&T Mike James, but it's not likely... :wink:

i would love to see a trade like that to happen with indiana for granger or jasikevicius or even mccants would fit in the raps uptempo offence

ollie
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 07:33:19 am »

Philadelphia 76ers: Louis Williams, Kyle Korver, Willie Green, Andre Iguodala, Steven Hunter

I love lists!

This list I don't love.

Dorell Wright... thats an interesting one... back when was it Carter tradining I remember ther Raps wanting Doleac, 2 other stiffs and Haslam OR Wright and Miami wouldn't budge...

So I guess Wright was (is?) untouchable to them... or is he?

The book on Wright is he seems to never have played basketball before but he might be the best athlete in the NBA.

But do we need another 6'7" project tweener SF/SG?

o
Skillionaire
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006, 11:38:34 am »

As far as Daniels goes, other than his big contract I wouldnt mind seeing him here...Him and JOsh Howard put up similar numbers in their first year, with Daniels actually grabbing more rebounds than Howard, I think put in the right situation he could do well. This could be that situation...I am not sure about how his injury is now or anything though. Anyone know anymore about his injury. Though as much as I wouldn't mind seeing him here..that contract wouldnt be too good.

bakax
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2006, 11:57:11 am »

Quote from: "Skillionaire"
As far as Daniels goes, other than his big contract I wouldnt mind seeing him here...Him and JOsh Howard put up similar numbers in their first year, with Daniels actually grabbing more rebounds than Howard, I think put in the right situation he could do well. This could be that situation...I am not sure about how his injury is now or anything though. Anyone know anymore about his injury. Though as much as I wouldn't mind seeing him here..that contract wouldnt be too good.

Actually, he was very good in his rookie season.  He went undrafted that year and the Mavs was able to find diamond in the rough and started playing him in the 2nd half of the season.  He scored 30+ points a few times and he was key in the playoff.  He played very well under Nelson and that's why he got a good contract even before he became a FA.  I was actually hoping the Raptors could have sniped him for cheap, but ended up he was way too expensive and he was never on the market anyway.  In his 2nd year though, he was slowed by injuries (is that because of the big contract effect? everyone seems to suck after getting a big contract.)

He was out for too long and Nelson was eventually replaced by A. Johnson.  Not sure if M. Daniels just lost his minute due to injury or something else, A. Johnson didn't like him and rarely played him.  I am not sure whether his injury set him back or A. Johnson just have some unknown hate toward him.  He came behind A. Griffin, Stack, Devin Harris and Josh Howard.  He wasn't given minute unless the Mavs is seriously shorthanded.

He is a decent player and maybe he will fit in nicely with the Raptors, but his injury and his contract are less than desirable.

Raptors + Rockets + Suns
brat
Journeyman

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 01:18:40 pm »

i don't want McCants.  He's a headcase just like Mike James.  We'll be exchanging one headache for another.
bakax
Journeyman

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 01:28:13 pm »

Quote from: "brat"
i don't want McCants.  He's a headcase just like Mike James.  We'll be exchanging one headache for another.

Donno about the headcase thing, but he just got a big surgery.  The one that doomed a lot of players career.  However, he's young and have a rookie contract.  That's why I would consider.  If we are dealing Mike James to TWolves, I would be more interested in Hassell + a 1st round pick.

Raptors + Rockets + Suns
Arenas0
Benchwarmer

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2006, 01:39:21 pm »

Andre Iguodala
Danny Granger
Rashad McCants
Andrew Bynum

No way would these players ever come to toronto for Mike James.

bakax
Journeyman

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 03:10:27 pm »

Quote from: "Arenas0"

Andre Iguodala
Danny Granger
Rashad McCants
Andrew Bynum

No way would these players ever come to toronto for Mike James.

Just slim hope.  They can be had if the Raptors add more pieces than Mike James.  :wink:

Raptors + Rockets + Suns
Skillionaire
Journeyman

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2006, 09:23:51 am »

Yeah for sure, having Andre Iguodala would be sick, but not going to happen..........we could all hope though.

TORaps
Undrafted

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2006, 11:54:15 am »

Well we wouldn't have to hope if Babcock hadn't picked the Brazilian bust. Just imagine how our team would like with him now.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: