Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Charlie V. Any Good?  (Read 7216 times)
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« on: July 23, 2009, 10:02:37 pm »

i dunno you tell me.

How'd he do in that game?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 07:31:30 pm by Bulls/Pistons » Logged

Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

Respect: +48

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 06:05:23 am »

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/charlie_villanueva/career_stats.html

never averaged under 10 ppg

last season 16 ppg and 6 rpg

Miami's Finest
MVP

Respect: +17

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 06:17:14 am »

Good offense, but hes not going to give you any defense.

Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 08:20:38 am »

i bet he cant prove it he's just going off here say

evry 10 people in this forum all agree that shawn bradley was a great defender they all agree
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 09:39:38 am »

Charlie V is a very mediocre defender and not really a good rebounder for his size (although he'll still get you 7 or so a game) and if he's the 2nd or 3rd option he is a very gifted scorer who can score in a number of ways. Basically he's Al Harrington with better shooting percentages and less attitude.

Soon....
tchman58
Star

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 11:57:05 am »

i think charlie v and ben gordon are both good players, and i think the contracts they both signed are decent value for both of them, but i don't understand how they are going to get everyone minutes.  a starting frontcourt of prince, villaneuva, and kwame brown? seems to be  pretty weak, and by weak i mean not strong, or capable of playing big bodies.  kendrick perkins, shaq, and dwight will all give them tons of trouble imo
tchman58
Star

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 11:59:15 am »

^^^^ forgot about wilcox. but i still don't see him doing very well against bigger body centers.  i think if dantoni could get a hold of this team they would be unbelievable.  i bet joe dumars will be the coach of this team by 2010-2011 season. 
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 02:42:05 pm »

Charlie V is a very mediocre defender and not really a good rebounder for his size (although he'll still get you 7 or so a game) and if he's the 2nd or 3rd option he is a very gifted scorer who can score in a number of ways. Basically he's Al Harrington with better shooting percentages and less attitude.

Way to completely oversimplify to the point where you're wrong.

Bulls/Pistons
Star

Respect: +10

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 03:15:48 pm »

Actually, I absolutely agree with cselby here and am satisfied with those facts.
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 04:21:23 pm »

I can't wait to bring this thread up mid-season.

cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2009, 05:13:24 pm »

Care to explain which part I'm wrong about? The fact that he's 6'10 and can't rebound all that well? The fact that he doesn't play very good defense? The fact that he's easily comparable to another softass 6'10 player who scores alot but doesn't rebound or play D? There's a difference between "oversimplifying" and you just plain not understanding.

The funny part is you would never defend Charlie V or Gordon for that matter if they weren't on your Pistons now. Way to be champ. Cheesy

Soon....
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2009, 07:13:11 pm »

Care to explain which part I'm wrong about? The fact that he's 6'10 and can't rebound all that well? The fact that he doesn't play very good defense? The fact that he's easily comparable to another softass 6'10 player who scores alot but doesn't rebound or play D? There's a difference between "oversimplifying" and you just plain not understanding.

The funny part is you would never defend Charlie V or Gordon for that matter if they weren't on your Pistons now. Way to be champ. Cheesy
The fact that he's 6'10 and can't rebound all that well?
6.7 rpg in 26 mpg. Let me simplify a little more, finished 36th in the NBA in rebounding...IN 26 MINUTES...Remember your David Lee argument a couple days ago, about getting more minutes? He's hardly a bad rebounder.
The fact that he doesn't play very good defense?
And how many players in the NBA play very good defense? But I caught at least 7-8 of the Bucks games last year, and you have no idea how important he was to that team. He doesn't get attention for his defense but he's definitely under rated, his length gives lots of players trouble...And he's definitely not soft (ask the countless players he's dunked on)...watch some videos of him on youtube then show me a similar video of Al Harrington.

I've been a fan of Charlie V long before he was a Piston, and always hoped he would be a Piston someday. As for Gordon, I pretty much just think he's a better fit in Detroit than in Chicago because he wont be relied on so much for scoring as he was in Chicago...Not sure where you come up with the idea that I go around "defending" Gordon...

Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 06:26:40 am »

I liked bg when he got drafted but hated him when he got to the bulls (i hate the bulls) now that he's on the pistons of course i like him but even if a player is on the bulls but is good i will defend him if he's bieng miss-interpeted for the case of charlie V i liked him before he was drafted back in college him and bg were unstoppable pick and pop now that stukey-rip-tay-charlie-wilcox with daye-gordon-kwame-jonas jerbko-deron washington-dejaun summers-will bynum- possibly ben wallace

i think this squad is young and good and to answer the Q yes i think he's good is a underrated defender and rebounder and no one can prove otherwise because most of you on here don't even watch the bucks game until they come to your city
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 11:19:54 am »

6.7 rpg in 26 mpg. Let me simplify a little more, finished 36th in the NBA in rebounding...IN 26 MINUTES...Remember your David Lee argument a couple days ago, about getting more minutes? He's hardly a bad rebounder.

Well now that I've checked numerous sites which actually list him as 6'11, it's pretty obvious you don't get my point. The guy is a damn near 7 footer and that's all he can bring down? 16 points on 44% shooting is alright, but lets remember that with Bogut and Redd going down, Charlie was easily the focal point of the offense, along with RJ. He got any shot he wanted pretty much.

And how many players in the NBA play very good defense? But I caught at least 7-8 of the Bucks games last year, and you have no idea how important he was to that team. He doesn't get attention for his defense but he's definitely under rated, his length gives lots of players trouble...And he's definitely not soft (ask the countless players he's dunked on)...watch some videos of him on youtube then show me a similar video of Al Harrington.

LOL, quite a few. There's a difference between "very good" and "bad" btw, a pretty big one. I saw a number of Bucks games last year as well and he's simply not a very good defender, and he plays a lot on the perimeter.

yes i think he's good is a underrated defender and rebounder and no one can prove otherwise because most of you on here don't even watch the bucks game until they come to your city

Oh yeah let's totally disregard stats and tendencies. Also, I'm a Raptors fan, so I saw a full season of him, and the Raptors and Bucks play numerous times during the season, plus I have NBA league pass. But nah, lets just go by what you say!

Soon....
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 03:29:48 pm »

Well now that I've checked numerous sites which actually list him as 6'11, it's pretty obvious you don't get my point. The guy is a damn near 7 footer and that's all he can bring down? 16 points on 44% shooting is alright, but lets remember that with Bogut and Redd going down, Charlie was easily the focal point of the offense, along with RJ. He got any shot he wanted pretty much.

You're ignoring the key point I'm making though...He only played 26 mins a game, you were literally just arguing the other day about how increase of minutes increases stats...He will be playing close to 35 maybe more in Detroit, wouldn't you expect his rebound numbers to go up to at least 10 a game?

LOL, quite a few. There's a difference between "very good" and "bad" btw, a pretty big one. I saw a number of Bucks games last year as well and he's simply not a very good defender, and he plays a lot on the perimeter.

How many good defenders were actually on the Bucks team last year? Defense is a team effort, and you can't fully judge a players defense while he's playing on a bad defensive team.

Oh yeah let's totally disregard stats and tendencies. Also, I'm a Raptors fan, so I saw a full season of him, and the Raptors and Bucks play numerous times during the season, plus I have NBA league pass. But nah, lets just go by what you say!

What stats are we disregarding? And it seems you're the one who wants us to go by what you say. We're in here, IN THE DETROIT FORUM, talking about how we're excited to have Charlie V. You're in here saying he's a terrible defender while we are saying the jury's still out, he's only 24 and he has the potential to be a good defender. But apparently according to you, we get a very average player who plays no defense, doesn't rebound, and his no chance of ever improving...Good for you pal, I hope you're wrong and know you're wrong.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Jump to: