Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Charlie V. Any Good?  (Read 7222 times)
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2009, 11:51:22 pm »

Villanueva probably will be disappointing.  He goes from a pile of garbage to one of the bigger piles of shit in the league.  He should of taken Mil offer.

ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2009, 09:04:22 am »

Villanueva probably will be disappointing.  He goes from a pile of garbage to one of the bigger piles of shit in the league.  He should of taken Mil offer.

What does this even mean...?

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2009, 04:55:59 pm »

Get sh*t on Ivo.

Lmao, I guess I did. I guess he should be averaging 13-14 rebounds like all the other 6-10,6-11 guys...

Nah, anywhere from 9 to 11 would be nice, like all the other 6-10, 6-11 guys...

Soon....
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

Respect: +48

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2009, 04:59:05 pm »

Get sh*t on Ivo.

Lmao, I guess I did. I guess he should be averaging 13-14 rebounds like all the other 6-10,6-11 guys...

Nah, anywhere from 9 to 11 would be nice, like all the other 6-10, 6-11 guys...

not all hedo doesnt average 9 t o11 neither does rashard lewis actually theres more that dont average 9-11 rebounds that are 6-10,6-11 then that do
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2009, 05:05:15 pm »

....yes, and they are all considered poor rebounders. Turk is a very bad rebounder for his size...Shard barely even tries to rebound. Your point?

Soon....
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2009, 05:13:53 pm »

....yes, and they are all considered poor rebounders. Turk is a very bad rebounder for his size...Shard barely even tries to rebound. Your point?

WOw a little attitude in "your point?'" im not trying to start a problem i just wanted to state (pay attention because this is my "point") that there are more 6-10,6-11 forwards who don't get 9-11 rpg then who actually do.  So does that mean people like David lee and Andris beidrins are just excellent rebounder while cv is just a average rebounder?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 05:16:31 pm by Poop-Stains » Logged
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2009, 05:18:55 pm »

Umm yep, that's pretty much it.

Soon....
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2009, 05:25:23 pm »

Umm yep, that's pretty much it.

ok its settles charlie V is a average rebounder for his size
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2009, 05:26:24 pm »

lol I have been saying that since the 2nd page!

Soon....
thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2009, 09:41:17 am »

I've been a marginal fan of CV's since his rookie campaign in Toronto. I think he has a unique skill set, that's aimed more towards the 'european' play (i.e. takes a lot of jump shots). but I can't honestly say I've seen enough of him to accurately account for his overall skill set. I know he's a near 7 footer that can reliably knock down the triple, that's been on two very bad teams in his 4 seasons in the NBA.

will his stats be better or worse in Detroit? I can't say. the team really doesn't look complete on paper. they're still seriously lacking a post presence, that would allow Detroit's shooters to get good looks.

I'd be ecstatic if CV became a 15PPG 10REBS guy, but I wouldn't put money down on that becoming a reality. I'm leaning more towards this next year being a continuation of last years train wreck.
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2009, 09:52:19 am »

i dont know why everyone is saying it was a trainwreck wow we were the 8th seed but we needed the cash to start it all over we are not contenders but we are playoff bound (my opinion) this is how i see our new comers

gordon-can shoot very good but he also can slash
villienueva-got a few post moves but he can shoot well and will space the floor detroit lacked three point shooters last year
wilcox-14 and 8 he will diffently average this or even better he got limited minutes last year fell off the radar
austin daye- i was skeptical if he can make a immediate impact but i think he can 12 and 6 off the bench i think
deron washington- defense! shot has improved but i still woundnt let him take alot
jonas jerebko- can post can make three's and everything in between he can defend too
dejaun summers-got some post moves can shoot and he hustles also can defend
rodney stuckey- i know he isnt new to the team but he is getting really good ive read he been practicing finishing at the rim and getting fouls it might be his breakout season
jason maxiell- had a slump season but will get more solid minutes
will bynum- he ppg and apg will rise by playing solid minutes and not bieng in the limbo with allen iverson
we still got rip and tay im glad we got rid of rasheed he was a funny pistons could turn it on in a game he was always our x-factor but he play when he fell like it the only person im really sad to see go is antonio mcdyess he was the shittttt and we gave him a chane to prove himself after his knee injuries dont doubt the pistons

Bulls/Pistons
Star

Respect: +10

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2009, 03:50:17 pm »

I don't know why everyone thinks that CV is a good 3-point shooter.  I think I'd call Sheed a better 3-point shooter than CV.  I'm sticking with my initial evaluation of CV: a poor man's Rasheed Wallace with marginal defensive ability.
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2009, 04:19:56 pm »

I don't know why everyone thinks that CV is a good 3-point shooter.  I think I'd call Sheed a better 3-point shooter than CV.  I'm sticking with my initial evaluation of CV: a poor man's Rasheed Wallace with marginal defensive ability.

charlie villenueva is a decent 3pt shooter rasheed is a decnt one as well the diffrence between rasheed an villanueva is sheed used to post and have a terrible fg% cv averaged 48% which is good but cv doesnt post cv is a sf in a pf/c body overall ill still take him over a aging sheed 
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2009, 09:25:04 pm »

Last season Rasheed averaged 12 points and 7 rebounds during the season, and 6 points and 6 rebounds in the playoffs.

There's no question Charlie V is much more productive than Sheed at this point is his career.

Bulls/Pistons
Star

Respect: +10

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2009, 09:32:57 pm »

Last season Rasheed averaged 12 points and 7 rebounds during the season, and 6 points and 6 rebounds in the playoffs.

There's no question Charlie V is much more productive than Sheed at this point is his career.

Everyone sucked during the playoffs last year: Prince averaged 4 ppg and rpg and Hamilton averaged only 13 ppg.  When I said poor man's Rasheed Wallace I meant during Sheed's prime; I should have clarified.  But, still there is just something about CV that I am not sold on.  I think we should have signed someone other than CV for less money (Brandon Bass, Gooden, etc.) and saved our money for next year.  I don't think this is necessarily a bad investment, just not the best option available to us.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Jump to: