Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Charlie V. Any Good?  (Read 7217 times)
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

Respect: +48

« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2009, 09:50:39 pm »

Last season Rasheed averaged 12 points and 7 rebounds during the season, and 6 points and 6 rebounds in the playoffs.

There's no question Charlie V is much more productive than Sheed at this point is his career.

Everyone sucked during the playoffs last year: Prince averaged 4 ppg and rpg and Hamilton averaged only 13 ppg.  When I said poor man's Rasheed Wallace I meant during Sheed's prime; I should have clarified.  But, still there is just something about CV that I am not sold on.  I think we should have signed someone other than CV for less money (Brandon Bass, Gooden, etc.) and saved our money for next year.  I don't think this is necessarily a bad investment, just not the best option available to us.

i disagree with the bolded, next year is overrated lebron might not opt up dwayne might sign a extension bosh might too then whats left joe johnson? carlos? okur-again? nah they will get better offers we might come out with no one because there are like 10 teams with cap for the 2010 fa i liked who we picked bg and cv? pick and pop will be there best move (like they used to do a uconn) well thats all that i have to say oh and one more thing i dont think cv reached his potential yet.
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2009, 09:51:46 pm »

I know you were talking about Sheed in his prime. But to be fair to Charlie V, being a "poor mans Sheed" at this point in time isn't really a bad thing. Sheed was one of the most gifted players the NBA had ever seen in his prime, and had the luxury of playing on great teams most of his career and Charlie V hasn't had that chance yet. Sheed was also making the big bucks almost twice what we're paying Charlie V. Also there's no reason to believe when given 10 extra mpg like Charlie will get next year, why he couldn't average 18-19 ppg with 8-9 rebounds...7-8 mill a year for a guy with that capability isn't a bad thing.

Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

Respect: +2046

« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2009, 02:37:10 pm »

I know you were talking about Sheed in his prime. But to be fair to Charlie V, being a "poor mans Sheed" at this point in time isn't really a bad thing. Sheed was one of the most gifted players the NBA had ever seen in his prime, and had the luxury of playing on great teams most of his career and Charlie V hasn't had that chance yet. Sheed was also making the big bucks almost twice what we're paying Charlie V. Also there's no reason to believe when given 10 extra mpg like Charlie will get next year, why he couldn't average 18-19 ppg with 8-9 rebounds...7-8 mill a year for a guy with that capability isn't a bad thing.

Listen. We gotta get great things...

ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2009, 06:15:51 pm »

Listen. We gotta get great things...

yOU STAY OUT OF THIS LAMBCHOPS/

thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2009, 07:11:38 pm »

i dont know why everyone is saying it was a trainwreck wow we were the 8th seed but we needed the cash to start it all over we are not contenders but we are playoff bound (my opinion) this is how i see our new comers

gordon-can shoot very good but he also can slash
villienueva-got a few post moves but he can shoot well and will space the floor detroit lacked three point shooters last year
wilcox-14 and 8 he will diffently average this or even better he got limited minutes last year fell off the radar
austin daye- i was skeptical if he can make a immediate impact but i think he can 12 and 6 off the bench i think
deron washington- defense! shot has improved but i still woundnt let him take alot
jonas jerebko- can post can make three's and everything in between he can defend too
dejaun summers-got some post moves can shoot and he hustles also can defend
rodney stuckey- i know he isnt new to the team but he is getting really good ive read he been practicing finishing at the rim and getting fouls it might be his breakout season
jason maxiell- had a slump season but will get more solid minutes
will bynum- he ppg and apg will rise by playing solid minutes and not bieng in the limbo with allen iverson
we still got rip and tay im glad we got rid of rasheed he was a funny pistons could turn it on in a game he was always our x-factor but he play when he fell like it the only person im really sad to see go is antonio mcdyess he was the shittttt and we gave him a chane to prove himself after his knee injuries dont doubt the pistons

but that's all fanboy hope. guarantee 14 & 8 or better from Chris Wilcox? REALLY?!? we don't even know if he's starting. 12 & 6 off the bench from Austin Daye? no way. he doesn't have the body to come in and rebound like that, and NBA Summer League is ZERO indication of a players ability in the league. a handful of players tear it up in there every summer and have terrible rookie seasons. I never take the summer league as more than a potential indicator.

as for 'needing the money'. well, Dumars turned that 20 million into two players that were the third or fourth best player on thier team, and a travelling center that every team he's been on has been dissappointed in.

I'm not trying to hate. as a former Michigan resident, and lifelong Pistons fan, I want this team to compete for a title every year. but I didn't see any steps in the right direction yet. while I'm not with some the anti-Villanueva movement, I can't say I'm so blind to disregard to solid information they've presented in their case.

in the end, all the *** kicking we can do on the forums isn't going to have an impact on how the Pistons play this season. it's on them.

and Stuckey having a breakout season? there couldn't be a player I was more dissappointed in last season. I would have more hope for him if I didn't honestly believe Will Bynum runs a team better.
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2009, 07:39:09 pm »

i dont know why everyone is saying it was a trainwreck wow we were the 8th seed but we needed the cash to start it all over we are not contenders but we are playoff bound (my opinion) this is how i see our new comers

gordon-can shoot very good but he also can slash
villienueva-got a few post moves but he can shoot well and will space the floor detroit lacked three point shooters last year
wilcox-14 and 8 he will diffently average this or even better he got limited minutes last year fell off the radar
austin daye- i was skeptical if he can make a immediate impact but i think he can 12 and 6 off the bench i think
deron washington- defense! shot has improved but i still woundnt let him take alot
jonas jerebko- can post can make three's and everything in between he can defend too
dejaun summers-got some post moves can shoot and he hustles also can defend
rodney stuckey- i know he isnt new to the team but he is getting really good ive read he been practicing finishing at the rim and getting fouls it might be his breakout season
jason maxiell- had a slump season but will get more solid minutes
will bynum- he ppg and apg will rise by playing solid minutes and not bieng in the limbo with allen iverson
we still got rip and tay im glad we got rid of rasheed he was a funny pistons could turn it on in a game he was always our x-factor but he play when he fell like it the only person im really sad to see go is antonio mcdyess he was the shittttt and we gave him a chane to prove himself after his knee injuries dont doubt the pistons

but that's all fanboy hope. guarantee 14 & 8 or better from Chris Wilcox? REALLY?!? we don't even know if he's starting. 12 & 6 off the bench from Austin Daye? no way. he doesn't have the body to come in and rebound like that, and NBA Summer League is ZERO indication of a players ability in the league. a handful of players tear it up in there every summer and have terrible rookie seasons. I never take the summer league as more than a potential indicator.

as for 'needing the money'. well, Dumars turned that 20 million into two players that were the third or fourth best player on thier team, and a travelling center that every team he's been on has been dissappointed in.

I'm not trying to hate. as a former Michigan resident, and lifelong Pistons fan, I want this team to compete for a title every year. but I didn't see any steps in the right direction yet. while I'm not with some the anti-Villanueva movement, I can't say I'm so blind to disregard to solid information they've presented in their case.

in the end, all the *** kicking we can do on the forums isn't going to have an impact on how the Pistons play this season. it's on them.

and Stuckey having a breakout season? there couldn't be a player I was more dissappointed in last season. I would have more hope for him if I didn't honestly believe Will Bynum runs a team better.

I agree about Stuckey, but everything else i strongly disagree with.

Dumars turned that 20 million into two players that were the third or fourth best player on thier team
Really? Did you watch the Bucks at all last season? The only player who was arguably better was Sessions. Ben Gordon was with out question the MVP of the Bulls last season. Not even Rose was as effective as Gordon, and that's sayin something.
while I'm not with some the anti-Villanueva movement, I can't say I'm so blind to disregard to solid information they've presented in their case.

What information is being disregarded?

Which is why it gets annoying to hear how much worse the Pistons are going to be next year because they don't have the right pieces, when they haven't even played a game yet.

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2009, 09:59:05 am »

Umm, Richard Jefferson was clearly the first option on Milwaukee. It WOULD have been Redd, then Jefferson, then MAYBE Charlie V, but probably Bogut, if he and Redd didn't get injured.

Soon....
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2009, 06:24:37 pm »

Umm, Richard Jefferson was clearly the first option on Milwaukee. It WOULD have been Redd, then Jefferson, then MAYBE Charlie V, but probably Bogut, if he and Redd didn't get injured.

Okay so he was the second option and NOT clearly...Jefferson averaged about 1 shot more per game than Villanueva in about 10 more minutes per game.

thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2009, 08:36:03 pm »

Really? Did you watch the Bucks at all last season? The only player who was arguably better was Sessions. Ben Gordon was with out question the MVP of the Bulls last season. Not even Rose was as effective.

speaking from a healthy roster, the Bucks would go Redd, Jefferson then Bogut. then Session or Villie would be the 4th/5th option.

Gordon is a shooter. to say that Derrick Rose wasn't as effective is HILARIOUS. he kept the Bulls in the Celtics series just as much, if not more than Gordon. saying a guy who shoots the ball (that averaged 4 more points) was more effective than Rose, who averaged 16 and 6 while running a team is an outlandish and moronic remark.
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2009, 03:07:16 pm »

Really? Did you watch the Bucks at all last season? The only player who was arguably better was Sessions. Ben Gordon was with out question the MVP of the Bulls last season. Not even Rose was as effective.

speaking from a healthy roster, the Bucks would go Redd, Jefferson then Bogut. then Session or Villie would be the 4th/5th option.

Gordon is a shooter. to say that Derrick Rose wasn't as effective is HILARIOUS. he kept the Bulls in the Celtics series just as much, if not more than Gordon. saying a guy who shoots the ball (that averaged 4 more points) was more effective than Rose, who averaged 16 and 6 while running a team is an outlandish and moronic remark.

What? Just because he ran the team while putting up Kirk Hinrichish numbers doesn't make him more effective. Gordon was the only player on the Bulls that teams were worried about stopping, and he still put up 20+ ppg and 24 ppg in the playoffs. Gordon also was the one who took (and made) the clutch shots...saying he was more effective last season isn't outlandish and moronic, only an outlandish moron would say that it is.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Jump to: