Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alexander Johnson  (Read 4857 times)
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« on: January 09, 2007, 11:54:27 pm »

Alexander Johnson #32   |   Forward   |   Memphis Grizzlies

Height: 6-10       Weight: 240
Born: Feb 8, 1983 - Albany, Georgia
College: Florida State
Draft: 2006 - 2nd round (15th pick) by the Indiana Pacers
  -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone else noticed he is starting for Memphis.. and puttin up decent stats for a rookie.. i downloaded some of there games and im kinda impressed at his skills..

even though he is 24yrs old already.. the pacers may have made 2 mistakes..

1:giving up 2 2nd round draft picks.
2:giving up on 6'10 Johnson.
legenderypete
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 10:01:09 am »

ive seen some games, his offence isnt great but he a solid rebounder and can block shots and always works hard, he would be a perfect role-player for most teams, he would of helped on the pacers bench, but you already have a hustle player in foster. Up to now the pacers draft hasnt looked great, i havent seen williams play and white was released
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 10:40:23 am »

nah i have faith in Shawne Williams.. he has decent fundamentals and he is only 19.. so its alright him sitting on da bench behind players like harrington/oneal/granger..
born2behated
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 12:47:31 pm »

Yeah I like Shawne Williams and hope the best for him, and Alexander Johnson sounds like a beast and I hope he has a long productive career to.

bballinyao06

wolverine30
LSL
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 12:51:28 am »

Remember that and the two picks were for James White who isn't on the team so that should *** you off even more. But seriously, he's starting for the Grizzlies. They're horrible plus 2nd round picks aren't worth much. 99% of them don't turn out to be much. Most don't even last a year or two.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 04:22:14 am »

Unless you names Arenas or Redd
Benchwarmer

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 03:53:16 pm »

Keep in mind that Alexander Johnson plays on the worst team in the league. He's had a few nice games, but he's also had a good opportunity to show what he can do.

Fortunately (since we're in the playoff hunt), we haven't seen much of Shawne Williams yet.
Dynasty
MVP

Respect: +788

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 10:26:55 pm »

Williams could end up being a decent player but the Pacers will and already should regret not taking Marcus Williams with their first-rounder.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 11:01:09 pm »

I am a fan of Shawne Williams. He has a pretty good shooting stroke.

Soon....
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 02:38:45 am »

yeah im not sure y critics bashed pacers picking him in the draft.. he is like 19.. and plays alright wen he gets decent mins..
Dynasty
MVP

Respect: +788

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 10:49:11 am »

Quote from: "Bball Unit"
yeah im not sure y critics bashed pacers picking him in the draft.. he is like 19.. and plays alright wen he gets decent mins..

Because they needed a point guard and they didn't address that through the draft or free agency.  Now that's what has been hurting them all season long.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2007, 01:58:13 am »

Quote from: "LakerDynasty"

Because they needed a point guard and they didn't address that through the draft or free agency.  Now that's what has been hurting them all season long.

no its the lack of dribble penetration from a SG.. which is hurting them.. Tinsley has been good.. Daniels needs to start.. coz he can dribble penetrate..
sportsnut
Starter

Respect: +8

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 12:09:28 am »

Quote from: "LakerDynasty"

no its the lack of dribble penetration from a SG.. which is hurting them.. Tinsley has been good.. Daniels needs to start.. coz he can dribble penetrate..

what are you talking about tinsley has been good?  who are you trying to fool?  stop trying to stick up for this guy already.  we aren't gonna win a championship with him running our team, you know it and all the pacer fans know it.  yeah, he'll show flashes of being good here and there, but he isn't consistent.  he's a career 40% fg shooter, 30% 3pt shooter, 70% ft shooter.  those aren't numbers i want coming from my starting pg.  

yeah, sg is a weak spot for us, but isn't it a pg job to penetrate and create too?  tinsley needs to be the next to go.  

how can daniels go from playing the best game of the season, to only playing 18 mins the next.  i would have thought he'd at least start and get the bulk of the min at sg.  whats with carlisle and his inconsistent minutes?  does he have something against daniels?  

if andre miller is available from the sixers i'd take a look at trying to acquire him.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 09:47:20 pm »

lol you look at stats too much.. and if you actaully watch how tinsley effects the team wen on the court.. u will see y he is important too the pacers..
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 09:51:14 pm »

Quote from: "sportsnut"

he's a career 40% fg shooter, 30% 3pt shooter, 70% ft shooter.  those aren't numbers i want coming from my starting pg.  

if andre miller is available from the sixers i'd take a look at trying to acquire him.

Well this season Miller is shooting 45%, 20% from three and 73% from the line. I prefer him to Tinsley myself but if your basing it off stats, you might want to look at a better guy then Miller.

Soon....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: