Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: are the utah jazz the least athletic team in the NBA  (Read 6489 times)
ab40
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: June 19, 2006, 02:51:58 pm »

after kirilenko who is an A class athlete on this utah jazz team?

all men are my brethern, the world is my country, to do good is my religion
G-Force
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 03:00:42 pm »

Definitely the least athletic team. Even Kirilenko doesn't count as a first-class athlete in my opinion. Man, Deron-Giricek-Harpring are guards and forwards of this team, and man, they can't even dunk... The most athletic one is C.J Miles, I guess but he isn't even an athletic player in Nba standards.

StocktonToMalone
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 03:58:44 pm »

What are you talking about?  Did you even watch the last 20 games of the season?  Deron Williams is the real deal, and any team would kill to have AK47.  The Jazz are young, and will get EXTREMELY better this summer.  They are going to be a team to watch out for next year.  

Even this past year every team that played the Jazz, said how TOUGH and ATHLETIC they were.
[/b]
monkeycat
Undrafted

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 08:35:18 pm »

AK47 and Boozer are the only great athletes on the Jazz.  The only thing that needs to be considered is whether or not you have to be a great athlete to be a great basketball player, which is all that the organization really cares about in the end.  

In years past, the Jazz did not need great athletes as the rules allowed teams to grab and push to keep the opposing players off balance.  This does not fly in the current framework of the NBA and teams that can run fast and jump high have a much more prominent advantage.  

Ten years ago, this lineup would be good for 52 wins and a trip to the second round.  Now, we will be lucky to see the Jazz break into the playoffs and should be happy if they win a game or two in the first round.  

It is time for the Jazz to adjust their philosophy on how to build a team.
Oogruk
Undrafted

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 01:36:39 pm »

Actually, the Jazz do have some competition for the "Least Athletic" team in the league.  Milwaukee is a strong contender.  And Houston, without McGrady, is not too formidable either.  Utah is more unathletic at every position on most game nights - unless Kirilenko is at the power forward spot, where he matches up reasonably well in that regard.
J*R*23
Undrafted

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 05:56:12 pm »

Nope jazz are pretty much the least athletic team. In milwaukee, they have ford and redd who are pretty athletic. Also houston has rafer alston, luther head, and the stro show. And yao is actually pretty mobile for his size. ak 47 and boozer are pretty much the top athletes on the team, but they both arent considered "top notch."

Celtics, nba champs in 2016 baby!
AK-47
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006, 03:12:09 am »

You're actually right. Utah are the least athletic team in the competition.
BCB
Journeyman

Respect: +1

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 09:10:33 am »

The Jazz have a lot of white players and a lot of slow players...Ronnie Brewer is an elite level athlete so it should help but the Jazz are pretty pathetic when it comes to athleticism.

ab40
Undrafted

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2006, 04:11:55 am »

Quote from: "BCB"
The Jazz have a lot of white players and a lot of slow players...Ronnie Brewer is an elite level athlete so it should help but the Jazz are pretty pathetic when it comes to athleticism.

yeah but het didn't look to happy when he heard he got drafted by the jazz

all men are my brethern, the world is my country, to do good is my religion
Kobe Is Awesome
Journeyman

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2006, 11:39:05 pm »

Definetly the leastathletic team going round.

Chopper reads your letters!
"I'm 35 and have trouble meeting girls" Brad, Queensland.
Grow a f****n moustache
Ronnie Johns
steve
MVP

I've grown to hate you all.

Respect: +1110

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 03:50:00 pm »

Why does that even matter, if you wanted athletes you could be the Atlanta Hawks, they're full what's considered top flight athletes.  I think it's much better to have a team that's smart and plays well together than just a bunch of players that can out run and out jump other teams when they have trouble doing anything else.  Brewer should help in the athleticism department, but there's a pretty good team here with a fairly high basketball IQ.

Put my existence on this forum against yours.  Toronto makes the playoffs.
Leonardo da Vinci==>
Undrafted

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 09:06:29 pm »

I totally agree, I think that the jazz are a great looking team, I would like to emphasize, TEAM. They play together. I think if Deron Williams steps up as he should and Brewer comes in and proves he can take people off the dribble, and Boozer stays healthy, they will definetly make the playoffs.
I love the Jazz, not as much as the Raptors, but I think next year they could do some great things. If they don't you have to trade some players. and that isn't to hard, the whole team has good contracts.
ErSahin
Undrafted

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2006, 10:51:26 am »

Quote from: "StocktonToMalone"
What are you talking about?  Did you even watch the last 20 games of the season?  Deron Williams is the real deal, and any team would kill to have AK47.  The Jazz are young, and will get EXTREMELY better this summer.  They are going to be a team to watch out for next year.  

Even this past year every team that played the Jazz, said how TOUGH and ATHLETIC they were.
[/b]

i wish deron williams join to slam dunk.he is white and slam dunk cham.it would be good 4 him

İ LOVE THİS GAME!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: