Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Top Ten Most Disliked Athletes; NBA Gets Four  (Read 10759 times)
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2009, 03:51:20 pm »

John Rocker should be on here...but with him it could just be that nobody gives a damn about him anymore (like Steve said about Carruth).

Sean Avery should probably be on there.

Soon....
Steve Kerr
Benchwarmer

Respect: +5

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2009, 04:14:10 pm »

The Marbury hate is a little unfair, he's ridiculous but he had alot of fans with the Nets and the Suns.
But expected none the less,
I agree with the Kobe and Thomas, I wouldn't mind seeing Lebron on the list.

dude LeBron is probably the most popular NBA player after Louis Amundson

Steve Kerr got banned...  fear the moderators they take shiit way to seriously.

copy paste this http://forums.hoopshype.com/forums/index.php?topic=48098.0 to people and vote no.
yiskobesogood2
Hall of Famer

Respect: +288

« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2009, 04:46:43 pm »

Wait, I think Wilt's 100 was more impressive.. Does that make me a hater?

No. I happen to think the 100 was more impressive as well. This goes way back to a debate I was having with Duck about stats in the 60s. And he still cant respond. Because if he says Wilt it hurt his argument for Lebron. And he cant say Kobe. Because duck hates the man.

xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2009, 04:54:00 pm »

Wait, I think Wilt's 100 was more impressive.. Does that make me a hater?

No. I happen to think the 100 was more impressive as well. This goes way back to a debate I was having with Duck about stats in the 60s. And he still cant respond. Because if he says Wilt it hurt his argument for Lebron. And he cant say Kobe. Because duck hates the man.

Nope.  An individual game has absolutely nothing to do with what we were talking about.  Lebron, Wilt and Kobe actually have nothing to do with what we were talking about either, I was never making an argument for Lebron.

It actually wasn't even an argument until you tried to bait me into talking about something else.  It was just me posting some information for you to digest and then you immediately trying to make it all about Kobe because that's what you do.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
Camby
Benchwarmer

Respect: +1

« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2009, 06:38:33 pm »

I'm going purely off the NBA at this point:

1. Lebron James
2. Kobe Bryant (he's my #1 choice)
3. Allen Iverson
4. Shaquille O'Neal
5. Zach Randolph
6. Rasheed Wallace
7. Bruce Bowen
8. Anderson Varejao
9. Stephon Marbury
10. Manu Ginobili (cuz of his flopping)
Dynasty
MVP

Respect: +787

« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2009, 07:00:45 pm »

John Rocker should be on here...but with him it could just be that nobody gives a damn about him anymore (like Steve said about Carruth).

Eh, I kinda find it funny how much of a big deal it was that he referred to Elisha Cuthbert as a "sloppy second."
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2009, 07:19:03 pm »

Guys like Ramirez and Kobe are guys who may be hated, but they're also insanely loved at the same time.

+1 . It is not the same kind of hate people have for a Mabury or A-rod who have loads of talent but cannot win  & are still dicks.

Jay Cutler should have made it but maybe that is giving to much credit to guy who has not done anything .

Yeah, throwing for over 4,500 yards and leading a team with embarassingly horrible defense to a .500 record isn't anything.

Either way, no one will say that about him after he makes a bunch of mediocre receivers look plenty good. Also, another reason he's not on here is because making trade demands is not a big deal. Plenty of players have made trade demands for lesser reasons than Cutler did (Kobe, Artest, and Pippen all come to mind), also the way that Cutler has worked with the Chicago media since he came here has also really helped out his image.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2009, 12:25:28 am »

many people hate kobe, i used to hate him very much.. though i admit i hate him less now.

i liked isiah as a player, not as a team exec

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
flavaflave
Starter

Respect: 0

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2009, 12:28:41 am »

Seriously OJ should be number 1. How John Rocker and Jose Canseco avoided this list is beyond me.
defenseallday
MVP

Respect: +188

« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2009, 12:33:31 am »

Guys like Ramirez and Kobe are guys who may be hated, but they're also insanely loved at the same time.

+1 . It is not the same kind of hate people have for a Mabury or A-rod who have loads of talent but cannot win  & are still dicks.

Jay Cutler should have made it but maybe that is giving to much credit to guy who has not done anything .

Yeah, throwing for over 4,500 yards and leading a team with embarassingly horrible defense to a .500 record isn't anything.

Either way, no one will say that about him after he makes a bunch of mediocre receivers look plenty good. Also, another reason he's not on here is because making trade demands is not a big deal. Plenty of players have made trade demands for lesser reasons than Cutler did (Kobe, Artest, and Pippen all come to mind), also the way that Cutler has worked with the Chicago media since he came here has also really helped out his image.

I never said he was bad just has not had the chance to get into the playoffs so he does not enter peoples minds.  Kobe is a known  dick , don't recall Artest demanding a trade , and Pippen did need to leave the Bullz when the owner would not show him any respect.

Making a trade demand because you found out you might be on the chopping block is a big deal , it shows he is to senstive, never mind that he has said really dumb sh*t before all that went down.
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2009, 01:35:19 am »

Who even remembers Rae Carruth?  And what he did was pretty horrible but even people Charlotte couldn't really work up a proper outrage for what he did (mainly because no one really cared about him).  Panthers fans were more pissed at him for being a wasted talent, than having his pregnant girlfriend murdered (although don't mistake that for not caring about the crime, everyone wanted to see him get punished significantly for it, but there wasn't the cry of "hated" as there would be for other athletes).  O.J. Simpson would be a more applicable choice (Carruth is closer to Jayson Williams, a horrible act, but in the end no one really cares about him).

Fair enough.

I pointed him out because his act is well known by me, and it's one of the grossest acts in near memory in sports.

RIP Madawg
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2009, 09:31:48 am »

Eh, I kinda find it funny how much of a big deal it was that he referred to Elisha Cuthbert as a "sloppy second."

Oh, me too. I have no problem with the guy, I think his antics are overblown by the media to the extreme. But he is definitely hated by a lot of people.

Soon....
Dynasty
MVP

Respect: +787

« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2009, 09:45:42 am »

+1 . It is not the same kind of hate people have for a Mabury or A-rod who have loads of talent but cannot win  & are still dicks.

I never said he was bad just has not had the chance to get into the playoffs so he does not enter peoples minds.  Kobe is a known  dick , don't recall Artest demanding a trade , and Pippen did need to leave the Bullz when the owner would not show him any respect.

Making a trade demand because you found out you might be on the chopping block is a big deal , it shows he is to senstive, never mind that he has said really dumb sh*t before all that went down.
From all indications though, McDaniels just seems like an arrogant d*ck who thinks he's Bill Belichek. I mean, he was hired to create the same magic he did in New England (Brady, Moss, and Welker) and bring it to Denver around Cutler, Marshall, and Royal.  And the first thing he does it tries to trade Cutler for Matt Cassel because he has such an ego and wanted to be given credit for being the guy who developed him, knowing all well that with any success with Cutler, the credit was going to go to Mike Shanahan.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Jump to: