Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Austin Daye  (Read 2671 times)
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

Respect: +48

« on: August 03, 2009, 08:38:08 pm »

ok i may have stole this from our rivals (bulls F*ck them) but how do you view him ? will he be a great starter? a match-up problem?

if we couldnt get t-will i wanted daye in the draft i knew earl clark was a bum g-force is alright but i rather take daye

summer league averages: 17.5ppg 8.8rpg

thoughts?
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 09:05:47 pm »

I think he could be solid like a Tayshaun type. The one thing I heard against him was that he played poorly in all the games against hard competition in college. We'll have to wait until preseason to get a better look at him.

Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 09:16:00 pm »

he game will translate he plays good defense too and when he went against better teams he didnt freeze they needed him for defense mainly

he will be a great backup for tayshaun

he needs to improve his finishing around the rim he doesnt really have to put on muscle he game relys on he swiftness not muscles so he will be fine in that area he might be a steal at 15 sorta like stuckey

stuckey is next

then deron washington

summers

jerebko to wrap it up

Bulls/Pistons
Star

Respect: +10

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 10:08:56 pm »

I've been saying this since the draft.  First of all, we didn't need him.  Second, I think he is going to turn out horribly.  He's 6'11" and would rather chuck threes all day than do anything else.  He hardly gets any rebounds for someone his size and his the softest player I have ever seen on a Pistons' roster, softer even than Darko.
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 06:25:17 pm »

I've been saying this since the draft.  First of all, we didn't need him.  Second, I think he is going to turn out horribly.  He's 6'11" and would rather chuck threes all day than do anything else.  He hardly gets any rebounds for someone his size and his the softest player I have ever seen on a Pistons' roster, softer even than Darko.

...He hasn't even played a game for us yet.

Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

Respect: +2046

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 07:32:04 pm »

yea, thats how bad he is... he can't even play!
 Tongue

Bulls/Pistons
Star

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 07:56:08 pm »

I've been saying this since the draft.  First of all, we didn't need him.  Second, I think he is going to turn out horribly.  He's 6'11" and would rather chuck threes all day than do anything else.  He hardly gets any rebounds for someone his size and his the softest player I have ever seen on a Pistons' roster, softer even than Darko.

He has in college, and those type of things almost always translate.  Do you think he is going to be more or less agressive as a rookie in the NBA or as a sophomore in college?  A tendency to shoot 3s over other moves/shots also translates, as well as being a poor rebounder.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 09:34:27 pm by Bulls/Pistons » Logged
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 03:10:06 pm »

I've been saying this since the draft.  First of all, we didn't need him.  Second, I think he is going to turn out horribly.  He's 6'11" and would rather chuck threes all day than do anything else.  He hardly gets any rebounds for someone his size and his the softest player I have ever seen on a Pistons' roster, softer even than Darko.

He has in college, and those type of things almost always translate.  Do you think he is going to be more or less agressive as a rookie in the NBA or as a sophomore in college?  A tendency to shoot 3s over other moves/shots also translates, as well as being a poor rebounder.

In the summer league he showed the ability to drive and dish, post up, and rebound. I know the summer league doesn't always translate, but it certainly gives you a better idea of how a player can perform at an NBA level better than college does.

Bulls/Pistons
Star

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 04:05:08 pm »

In the summer league he showed the ability to drive and dish, post up, and rebound. I know the summer league doesn't always translate, but it certainly gives you a better idea of how a player can perform at an NBA level better than college does.

I'm not so sure about that.  Summer league was only 5 games and you can't possibly deliver a verdict on a a player after only 5 games.  Plus, he still shot threes like a madman.
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 04:14:40 pm »

I'm not so sure about that.  Summer league was only 5 games and you can't possibly deliver a verdict on a a player after only 5 games.  Plus, he still shot threes like a madman.

say what you want austin daye is a all-around player reminds me of tayshaun but i believe he can be better then tay and as of now hes offically on the pistons roster http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/2009/08/detroit_pistons_sign_firstroun.html
Bulls/Pistons
Star

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 07:13:19 pm »

say what you want austin daye is a all-around player reminds me of tayshaun but i believe he can be better then tay and as of now hes offically on the pistons roster http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/2009/08/detroit_pistons_sign_firstroun.html

Yeah, they signed him today.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: