Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting Fact About Chieck Samb...  (Read 5344 times)
vhawkx
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: July 04, 2006, 02:39:49 am »

Did you guys know Chieck Samb measured in at 7'1 and 195 pounds? You have got to be kidding me, someone take that guy to a buffet and leave him there for a few weeks!

When I say Lakers, you say "GO"
Joshua
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 04:37:49 am »

Quote from: "vhawkx"
Did you guys know Chieck Samb measured in at 7'1 and 195 pounds? You have got to be kidding me, someone take that guy to a buffet and leave him there for a few weeks!

Yeah, I saw that also.

Makes sense, he is from Africa.

ItalianNBAFan
Journeyman

Respect: +1

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 06:51:45 am »

Quote from: "vhawkx"

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:

I'm sorry for my english ..
Joshua
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 07:27:37 am »

A note on Samb.

Joe Dumars is actually bring this guy over to play in the summer league, which I think is a very good idea. But I believe he is gonna' be on a temporary Visa, which kinda' sucks. I would rather come and have him play with the players that the NBA has in the D-League then go back and play in an African league.

Cross
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 09:50:39 pm »

Joe said he was like 220 or something.

Place to talk Pistons basketball and more!
amare24_7
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 07:47:51 am »

8 out of 10 times these project african centers are total failurs. they will spend like 3 years on the roster as the 12th man, register plenty of DNP's and maybe get a few good blocks during the season. they are generally all of the same mould - 7'0, great shot blocker, no offensive skills.

there are exceptions like olajuwon (nigeria), but he was brought up through the college system. there are also many of the aformentioned project failurs (or soon to be failures), i.e. N'Dong, N'Diaye, etc and plenty of others that don't come to mind right now.

Cross
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 05:51:22 pm »

Manute Bol was alright. He was from Sudan.

I'm not sure where Diop is from, but he's doing alright as well.

Place to talk Pistons basketball and more!
Josh
MVP

everything is just a headache

Respect: +1556

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 08:26:53 pm »

he's from senegal.
Kilogram
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 10:49:22 am »

Man, every basketball star who goes to the NBA from Africa is like always over 7 feet... Olajuwon, Bol, Diop, N'Diaye, N'Dong, Sear Sene, and this Samb guy.... Has there ever been an african shooting guard or something drafted? Lol

give him a good year or two of good fat filled american food and he'll be a good 250 pounds
DSC
Undrafted

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 09:50:47 pm »

Quote from: "Kilogram"
Man, every basketball star who goes to the NBA from Africa is like always over 7 feet... Olajuwon, Bol, Diop, N'Diaye, N'Dong, Sear Sene, and this Samb guy.... Has there ever been an african shooting guard or something drafted? Lol

give him a good year or two of good fat filled american food and he'll be a good 250 pounds

Most of the Africans start playing late and have bad coaching, so they need something other than skills and polish to get drafted.

So it is people with size and athletism, things that are very valuable in the NBA, and don't require much basketball knowledge.
Joshua
Journeyman

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2006, 11:30:42 pm »

Another note on Samb...

Cheick's brother, Mamadou Samb, is considered on of the top propects in the 2008 draft. The brothers played on the same team in Europe last season, but Mamadou is a 6'9 combo forward, and most consider him a more intriguing prospect than his brother.

TradeMark
Starter

Respect: +1

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 11:57:23 am »

Quote from: "Kilogram"
Man, every basketball star who goes to the NBA from Africa is like always over 7 feet... Olajuwon, Bol, Diop, N'Diaye, N'Dong, Sear Sene, and this Samb guy.... Has there ever been an african shooting guard or something drafted?

Luol Deng. 6'8" from the Sudan.

Derrick Rose on wearing #1: "That was my AAU number when I first started playing. I was the No. 1 draft pick. And hopefully I'll be No. 1 at my position."
legenderypete
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2006, 08:22:19 am »

Deng isnt really African he grew up In England and he even wants to play for the GB national Team so he moreless English, so is the Kandi man but he just "Mérde" like the french would say.
LousyPacersFan
Undrafted

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2006, 10:53:20 am »

Why did they ever trade Mo Evans for this guy?

legenderypete
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2006, 06:24:54 am »

to bring in flip murray, evans was a solid player but he was inconsitant so i guess it was just to make changes on the bench
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: