Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: am i watching the same player.  (Read 5545 times)
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 12:17:10 am »

thank u
sportsnut
Starter

Respect: +8

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 01:23:08 pm »

Quote from: "Mavsguru"
Quote from: "Bball Unit"
i download every pacers game.. and everybody on hoopshype has this opinion that tinsley is terrible and should be a bench warmer.

the tinsley i watch, has his will with the oppenents pg.. he gets to the basket at will.. off pick and rolls.. or 1on1.. or coming off screens.

defencively.. i see a guy who contains his player for the 24 shot clock.. you dont need to steal the ball or be jumping in some1s face to be a great defender.. he doesnt allow his man into the key.. or have too many open jumpers.

tinsley isnt perfect.. he main problem is finishing the play.. weather thats a 16 foot jump shot.. or the floater.. but that again he also finishes some plays with the greatest of ease(example: the turnaround post up banker off the backboard)

the reason he doesnt look so good in a boxscore.. usually is cause he is a pass first pg.. alot of his shots arent taken unless the shot clock is down and he is forced to throw it up.. or he usually gets the assist that sets up another assist.. or his player will score off pick and roll switches..

watch the games and just watch tinsley.. and if you know ur fundamentals.. ull understand why tinsley is still on the roster.

FANTASTIC post!  I too have wondered why Tinsley is low on the totem pole among popular thought.  I'd put him somewhere between 15-25 among Point guards, making him a worthy starter in the league.

nobody said he wasn't a worthy starter, it was said that you wouldn't win a championship with tinsley running the team because of his erratic play.
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2007, 03:40:09 pm »

Quote from: "sportsnut"

nobody said he wasn't a worthy starter, it was said that you wouldn't win a championship with tinsley running the team because of his erratic play.

So how exactly did Miami win it all last year with Jason Williams as the starting PG? It doesn't matter if Tinsley is erratic - as long as the other Pacers can pick up the slack when he struggles.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 12:10:00 am »

Quote from: "31"

So how exactly did Miami win it all last year with Jason Williams as the starting PG? It doesn't matter if Tinsley is erratic - as long as the other Pacers can pick up the slack when he struggles.

yeh i like j williams.. but i would take tinsley oav williams.
sportsnut
Starter

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 04:09:37 am »

Quote from: "31"

jwill is a better pg than tinsley... for one he can hit an open jumper, and now that he's toned down his flash, he's cut down on his to's

jwill 05-06
12.3 ppg  4.9 asts  2.4 rebs 1.69 to's  .442% fg .372% 3pt .867% ft

tinsley
9.3 ppg 5.0 asts 3.2 rebs 2.60 to's .409% fg .229% 3pt .637% ft

thats why jwill is a better pg than tinsley.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 08:33:15 am »

haha for a sportnuts.. u dont understand how much u overrate stats in ur judgement..

for example.. did shaqs stats look very big last yr?.. no.. but was every team scared of him .. yes.
sportsnut
Starter

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2007, 12:28:37 pm »

Quote from: "Bball Unit"
haha for a sportnuts.. u dont understand how much u overrate stats in ur judgement..

for example.. did shaqs stats look very big last yr?.. no.. but was every team scared of him .. yes.

haha... are you seriously comparing shaq and tinsley presence on the court?

lets see..
shaq has how many titles? MVP's? finals MVP's?, all star appearances?
shaq is mentioned as one of the most dominant big men to play the game, tinsley isn't even mentioned as a top 10 pg in the league today.  you could've at least compared tinsley's court presence to someone like udonis haslem or michael doleac not shaq, give me a break.

when it comes down to it numbers don't lie.  and speaking of numbers, don't you know how much it hurts the pacers with him shooting such a low %?  teams all know he can't shoot, so they give him shots, which he usually misses, which screws up the whole offense because the ball isn't getting into the hands of players who should be shooting.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2007, 12:56:30 pm »

I would take Jason Williams over Tinsley, slightly, but there are a few advantages and disadvantages to each

-Williams is a better 3 point shooter, and when he gets hot he gets HOT
-Williams is also a better ball handler
-Tinsley plays better defense
-While J-Will can make some crazy nice passes, Tinsley, if he is settled into a half court game at a good pace, if he takes his time has excellent court awareness and vision.
-Both are turnover prone

That being said, I'd take Williams for a run and gun offense, and Tinsley for a half-court offense, but in the end I'm taking Williams because he is a better shooter and is not oft-injured like Tinsley is. Plus, he helped run a championship offense.

Soon....
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: