Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pacer predictions  (Read 2702 times)
JR
a.k.a. JR the BeatBeast & Mr. Solo Dolo & Queensbridge
Hall of Famer

#RARE

Respect: +337

« on: August 09, 2009, 05:52:02 pm »

PG: Ford/Watson/Diener
SG: Dunelavy/Rush
SF: Granger/Jones
PF: Murphy/Hansbrough/McRoberts
C: Hibbert/Foster

with this roster how will indiana finish? im thinking 11th or 12th in the east

UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 07:28:14 pm »

yeah im thinking about the same, everybody else has improved more.
olsons3
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 12:04:27 pm »

Ford - Watson - Diener - Price
Jones - Rush
Granger - Dunleavey
Murphy - Hansbrough - Jones
Hibbert - McRoberts - Foster

I think Jones starts ahead of Rush, so he can take the pressure of defending the best wing off Granger.

With this roster I think the record comes down to how they players are used.  This roster is becoming about high energy.  I think the elite teams who have 75% of their cap tied to three players (Celtics) are one injury or illness away from the lottery.  We lack a media star, but are looking to have 15 guys who can contribute on a constant basis.  5 players each night in double figures.

I also think Diener will be in Miami shortly, to reunite with Wade.

I think the starting lineup after the all-star break will be:

Ford - Jones - Granger - Hansbrough - Hibbert

Dunleavey comes off the bench to protect the knee, and the coaches find he is perfect off the bench.  Foster's minutes will start out at normal levels, but Solomon Jones and McRoberts will eventually move his function to more of a mentor and coach.

Pacers finish 45-37 and get into the playoffs.  Granger will again raise his scoring average.  Pacers points allowed average drops by more than 10 points over 08-09 season, while scoring average drops only a couple points.  The league renames the team the Indiana Enigma, since nobody can figure out how they accomplished anything with only one marginal star on the team. Cheesy

Boom Baby!!!!
JR
a.k.a. JR the BeatBeast & Mr. Solo Dolo & Queensbridge
Hall of Famer

#RARE

Respect: +337

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 02:35:52 pm »

Jones - Rush
Granger - Dunleavey

I think Jones starts ahead of Rush, so he can take the pressure of defending the best wing off Granger.

With this roster I think the record comes down to how they players are used.  This roster is becoming about high energy.  I think the elite teams who have 75% of their cap tied to three players (Celtics) are one injury or illness away from the lottery.  We lack a media star, but are looking to have 15 guys who can contribute on a constant basis.  5 players each night in double figures.

Dunleavey comes off the bench to protect the knee, and the coaches find he is perfect off the bench.  Foster's minutes will start out at normal levels, but Solomon Jones and McRoberts will eventually move his function to more of a mentor and coach.

Pacers finish 45-37 and get into the playoffs.  Granger will again raise his scoring average.  Pacers points allowed average drops by more than 10 points over 08-09 season, while scoring average drops only a couple points.  The league renames the team the Indiana Enigma, since nobody can figure out how they accomplished anything with only one marginal star on the team. Cheesy

no way in hell does hansbrough take the starting role form murphy. murph is gettign u a double double and hansbrough will suck most liekly i htink he might fall out of rotation to jones or mcbobs

UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 07:36:12 pm »

i agree, this is the rotation at full strength.

TJ Ford -- Watson
Dunleavy -- Rush
Granger -- Jones
Murphy -- Hansbrough
Hibbert -- Foster
jnzook
Undrafted

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 09:58:16 am »

i think they could sneek in the playoffs as a 7th or 8th seed, but get bounced in the first round easily, maybe win 1 game if they are lucky against the cavs or celtics.

olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 11:35:13 am »

Jones - Rush
Granger - Dunleavey

no way in hell does hansbrough take the starting role form murphy. murph is gettign u a double double and hansbrough will suck most liekly i htink he might fall out of rotation to jones or mcbobs

Dude, much of it was tongue in cheek.  I disagree on your assessment of Hansbrough though.  I think he will be better than anyone has given him credit for.  He is an overachiever, and someone who has made a name out of getting more from his game than his "talent" has to offer.  Watching him in summer league, and the effect his game had on Hibbert's game, it would be hard to believe that he won't play significant minutes.  He reminds me of Foster his rookie year, but with the ability to score.

The front court of Murphy and Hibbert just doesn't work.  They both need an energy guy with them on the front line.  You need to pair Murphy with McBob, Jones or Foster, and pair Hibbert with Hansbrough, McBob, or Jones.  Murphy and Hibbert are both going to provide, but as a pairing they just won't work.

Boom Baby!!!!
pooflakes
Starter

Respect: +30

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 05:34:08 pm »

bein honest the pacers could fall from bein bottom of the east to around about 6th i think non of the team are that strong apart from the top few and it quite wide open betweeen the rest.

Its quite hard predict but personally i think there be around 10th the team is just a bit young and inexperienced espically in the front court but may get better as the season goes on or maybe next year

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: