Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you guys think of the trade today?  (Read 4623 times)
sportsnut
Starter

Respect: +8

« on: January 17, 2007, 01:10:40 pm »

taking comments
bballer712
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 01:18:16 pm »

i put this in the general section, but i'll post it again here.

what is bird thinking??!!!! who will be the starting sg for indy?  if granger, oneal and foster starts, would murphy and dunleavy come off the bench.  indy has about 3 pf's, 1 1/2 centres - foster and harrison, and no shooting guards.  harrington and oneal was not working out together.  when one was hot, the other did not play well.  i think if possible, this can be a play for another trade.  i would get rid of murphy and diogu for vince carter.  otherwise this doesn't make sense for indy.  

golden state will get rid of jrich or he is really really injured.  only 3 guys need the ball with the new lineup, harrington, ellis and davis. the new gs lineup will be:
barnes, harrington, biedrins, ellis and davis.  the bench would be pietrus, bryant (who just got called up from nbdl), jackson and jasikivicius.  this team is definitely a lot better.  azuibuke and roberson will just ride the bench and bide their time.  wow, gs is deep.  will they make the playoffs - no.   they will at least give denver a good run for their money.  expect other big trades.
turk
Star

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 01:45:30 pm »

Quote from: "bballer712"
i put this in the general section, but i'll post it again here.

what is bird thinking??!!!! who will be the starting sg for indy?  if granger, oneal and foster starts, would murphy and dunleavy come off the bench.  indy has about 3 pf's, 1 1/2 centres - foster and harrison, and no shooting guards.  harrington and oneal was not working out together.  when one was hot, the other did not play well.  i think if possible, this can be a play for another trade.  i would get rid of murphy and diogu for vince carter.  otherwise this doesn't make sense for indy.  

golden state will get rid of jrich or he is really really injured.  only 3 guys need the ball with the new lineup, harrington, ellis and davis. the new gs lineup will be:
barnes, harrington, biedrins, ellis and davis.  the bench would be pietrus, bryant (who just got called up from nbdl), jackson and jasikivicius.  this team is definitely a lot better.  azuibuke and roberson will just ride the bench and bide their time.  wow, gs is deep.  will they make the playoffs - no.   they will at least give denver a good run for their money.  expect other big trades.

They could use Dunleavy at 2. He played a lot of point for the Warriors this year, particularly early on in seasons although I don't know if that's what they are intending. One of his pluses is that he's very versatile (can play just about any position on the floor).
BTW, Roberson was waived about a week ago.

--turk--
NickJG
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 02:36:47 pm »

I think the pacers are going to have a problem defending other guards now.....how are they going to be able to defend teams like NJ, Chicago, Detroit, miami, and washington when they only have tinsley, daniels, and and armstong.
bballer712
Benchwarmer

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 02:36:51 pm »

wow, i guess i missed the news on roberson! lol!!!  nelson said dunleavy sucks.  montgomery said he sucks.  so how will carlisle make him better?  they needed to get granger playing time, that is why i was surprised indy picked up harrington.  so would the lineup be granger, oneal, foster, dunleavy and tinsley.  with diogu, murphy, daniels and mcleod coming off the bench?  or would daniels or rawle marshall start and dunleavy come off the bench.  this still is not a balanced team.  maybe granger can step up and become a scorer avg 16ppg like harrington did, but this team still has holes.  their playoff run is done, unless there is something i am missing.  please, some insight please!!
NickJG
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 02:41:59 pm »

Quote from: "bballer712"
wow, i guess i missed the news on roberson! lol!!!  nelson said dunleavy sucks.  montgomery said he sucks.  so how will carlisle make him better?  they needed to get granger playing time, that is why i was surprised indy picked up harrington.  so would the lineup be granger, oneal, foster, dunleavy and tinsley.  with diogu, murphy, daniels and mcleod coming off the bench?  or would daniels or rawle marshall start and dunleavy come off the bench.  this still is not a balanced team.  maybe granger can step up and become a scorer avg 16ppg like harrington did, but this team still has holes.  their playoff run is done, unless there is something i am missing.  please, some insight please!!

i wouldnt say that there playoff run is done just yet.....dont forget they play in the east so they only need about 20 more wins to get in the playoffs
sportsnut
Starter

Respect: +8

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 02:45:25 pm »

Quote from: "NickJG"
I think the pacers are going to have a problem defending other guards now.....how are they going to be able to defend teams like NJ, Chicago, Detroit, miami, and washington when they only have tinsley, daniels, and and armstong.

i'm guessing marshall and greene will get more PT now that this trade went down and granger will step in and guard the best perimeter player.  

wow, i guess i missed the news on roberson! lol!!! nelson said dunleavy sucks. montgomery said he sucks. so how will carlisle make him better? they needed to get granger playing time, that is why i was surprised indy picked up harrington. so would the lineup be granger, oneal, foster, dunleavy and tinsley. with diogu, murphy, daniels and mcleod coming off the bench? or would daniels or rawle marshall start and dunleavy come off the bench. this still is not a balanced team. maybe granger can step up and become a scorer avg 16ppg like harrington did, but this team still has holes. their playoff run is done, unless there is something i am missing. please, some insight please!!

i think murphy/diogu can be solid coming off the bench.  murphy was a 15/10 guys the past 2 seasons.  daniels has been playing better recently, and should now get more consistent minutes since jackson left.  it's not as if the pacers lost "key" players.  they were just pieces that were stuck around JO, in the end management didn't like the finished product so it was time for a change.  i actually feel having shooters, especially a shooting big man will life easier for JO even though people may think they are less talented than harrington/jackson, its all about chemistry.
td21
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 03:44:45 pm »

simply put, the pacers got the worst of this deal.
Benchwarmer

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 03:49:03 pm »

Quote from: "td21"

Any trade that involves Steven Jackson is a good one, IMO.

I particularly like the Murphy for Harrington swap. Murphy is more of a Brad Miller type player (excellent shooter, good rebounder, can defend other centers), and O'Neal needs that kind of player for him to get back to his MVP type form.

It'll be interesting to see how this all pans out, but I don't think we'll be disappointed.
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 03:59:34 pm »

I have mixed emotions about this trade.

I was happy to trade Harrington and Jackson, but I liked Saras and Powell's inexpensive potential.

In return, we get Diogu who has great upside as a tweener forward.  We get Dunleavey, who might be served well in the Carlisle system, since he has solid fundimental skills.   Murphy is a Foster backup, with less defense and better shooting.  McLeod is a Armstrong type player, quick driving ball chaser.

This should bring Marshall of the inactive list, and put Daniels in the starting line up.

Tinsley
Daniels
Granger
Oneal
Foster

Boom Baby!!!!
bballer712
Benchwarmer

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 04:19:37 pm »

i read they may start murphy over foster.  the debut for the new lineup will be on saturday.  will daniels finally wake up?  is marshall for real?  i'm not sure if they are a championship contender.  it does make the fans happy that mad jax is gone, but....  daniels and tinsley are the weak spots for me.  murphy or dunleavy will not be with the team next season.
td21
All-Star

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 04:50:47 pm »

Quote from: "31"
Quote from: "td21"

Any trade that involves Steven Jackson is a good one, IMO.

I particularly like the Murphy for Harrington swap. Murphy is more of a Brad Miller type player (excellent shooter, good rebounder, can defend other centers), and O'Neal needs that kind of player for him to get back to his MVP type form.

It'll be interesting to see how this all pans out, but I don't think we'll be disappointed.

yeah i do retract my earlier statement, because at first i was just looking at the celebrity of the names. now that i think about the pacers getting a third overall draft pick in dunleavy, a developing pf/c in digou, and etc, etc the pacers didn't do too bad. the players who were traded were not part of nelson's system anyway. and yes i do agree with what everyone is saying about system and them getting rid of thier headache in jackson, but you can only wonder what problems if any will he cause for the warrors.
bballer712
Benchwarmer

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 04:58:33 pm »

if jax is not gone in the summer, he will be benched. he will be out of the league within 2 years.  the trade still leaves indiana short in the sg position and overloaded in the pf position.  this trade will help out granger and oneal, but not the team.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 01:02:23 am »

they acquired diogu,a good post player.seems like they are lookig to replace o'neal

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
bballer712
Benchwarmer

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 08:48:30 am »

why would you replace oneal with diogu.  oneal has avg 20ppg and 10 rpg ever since his 4th year.  this year he has improved his defense.  oneal has his leadership faults, but diogu has yet to prove himself.  the front court has not been a problem for indy. ever since miller left, their backcourt has been suspect at best.  indy should relax themselves and draft a pg or trade for someone like jarret jack.  a shooting guard in the mould of dwayne stephenson or raja bell would be suitable to this frontcourt heavy team.  mopete, john salmons, azubuike or pietrus from gs, would be more favourable than maggette.  all you need is a sg that can consistently score 12 - 14ppg and play solid defense.  your offense will come from granger 16ppg, oneal 21ppg and murphy 12 - 14ppg.  

if daniels played with more urgency and passion, i would be a lot more comfortable with this trade.  but since i am not playing in indy, working for indy or living for indy, i don't care. i only care as an overall nba fan.  the bench sg position is also suspect.  has anyone seen rawle marshall play at all.  is he still with the team?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: