Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you guys think of the trade today?  (Read 4622 times)
sportsnut
Starter

Respect: +8

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 01:28:11 pm »

one reason i like this trade is that we brought in more team oriented players.  jax and al were more individual players.  i think its hard to have a uptempo team when you don't have players willing to pass the ball, that may have been part of the problem.  you can be a finisher but you don't have to finish on every play.
saleem
Starter

Respect: 0

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2007, 02:35:27 am »

Good trade for both teams. Pacers are still on pace to make the playoffs. Golden State gets the personnel to run. Indiana would be well served to make another deal for a SG but if they can't find a suitable partner(See the Clippers) then they can wait for the draft or FA to improve in this area. Murphy and Dunleavy are players that should really fit into Carlisle's offensive sets. Diogu's development over the long term will determine the final grade from the Pacers perspective.

"..Yeah, but...$5 bucks..."
bballer712
Benchwarmer

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2007, 08:37:59 am »

these team will do well by keeping dunleavy.  maggette would not fit well into the indiana system.  with dunleavy and murphy, the post area opens up for oneal.  the key for indy is if daniels can consistently score around 9ppg off the bench.  i would love to see indy draft a pass oriented pg next year.  tinsley is a bonehead. he can score but often makes poor playmaking decisions.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2007, 09:43:49 pm »

we dnot have a pick next year..

dunleavy and murphy really bring guys who can pass the ball first.. makes our offence run alot smoother.. which should cut down r huge TOs..

Armstrong was a machine today lol for a 38yr old.
bballer712
Benchwarmer

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2007, 10:56:36 am »

see how good the pacers are with a pass first pg.  since the team does not have a pick in 07.  which point guard would be ideal for this team and who would you trade to get him?
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2007, 08:22:15 pm »

tinlsey is a pass first pg.
bballer712
Benchwarmer

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2007, 10:45:35 pm »

do you trust tinsley as the starting pg for the pacers.  do you see him as the type that would run the offense and help drive the team to the nba finals?

what do you think is needed to help the team get to the championships?  i like the teams ball movement and offensive prowess.  the defense have suffered a bit but the team will eventually gel and learn how to trust each other.  that is why i am wondering as a pacers observer and not fully a fan, what pieces are missing to make this a championship team?
saleem
Starter

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2007, 12:26:10 am »

Quote from: "Bball Unit"
Exactly.  Smiley

"..Yeah, but...$5 bucks..."
sportsnut
Starter

Respect: +8

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2007, 12:34:49 pm »

Quote from: "Bball Unit"

yah he is a pass first pg but you also need a pg that can hit an open shot once in a while.  he is shooting 38% and on top of that only 70% from the ft line.  that is horrible.  considering he's a "pass first" pg, wouldn't he usually take shots that are wide open?  so shooting 38% on wide open looks baffles me even more.  we need to get rid of this guy, and i hope people stop trying to back him up.
Mavsguru
Starter

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2007, 09:00:48 pm »

I see this trade as an improvement for the Pacers roster, but only a slight, tiny improvement.  However, Murphy and Dunleavy will hold them hostage and swallow up their cap.  What a deep frontcourt though.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: