Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should the Bulls just sign Big Baby to an offer sheet?  (Read 1531 times)
Vision
Starter

Respect: +2

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 12:41:33 am »

Rodman and Barkley were both small for the position, but they both had certain intangibles that made them successful. For one, Rodman had one of the longest wingspans in the game and he could pretty much grab any rebound he wanted, and lock down any foward or center at will. Barkley was just an all around phenominal player. The two things that really set him apart from any other small foward that played big is that he had the strength of a power foward, and the agility of a shooting gaurd. He was a complete mismatch at almost any position in almost any matchup. It's really too bad, you just don't see guys like that in the NBA anymore with the exception of Lebron James. People always try to compare Lebron to Jordan, but I kinda see more a comparison to Charles Barkley, only faster.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 03:22:45 am by Vision » Logged

"We can't walk around acting like we're not going to make it because that's when things turn on you. Our biggest goal is to make the playoffs, and we're going to make it." Derrick Rose!
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 11:47:20 pm »

I agree about the strength part, but that's something that could come as Deng would want it to, it depends on how much he wants it. He has at least the wingspan of Rodman as well.

As for the LeBron comparison, I see him more as Magic Johnson crossed with Jordan, crossed with size.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

Respect: +48

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2009, 12:17:03 pm »

well if the bulls sign big baby to a 2m per contract (was mentioned earlier in this topic) the celtics will match
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2009, 08:28:51 pm »

Didn't the Celtics already bring him back?

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: