Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Remove Boozy as a mod?  (Read 11011 times)
STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2009, 10:14:52 am »

SO this pentalty:

1    If you make a 2 part trade, you cannot trade ANY OF THE PALYERS ON YOUR TEAM for 48 hours?

2   Or is it that I juist cannot trade those players involved in the trade for 48 hours?

This makes a HUGE difference in my decision............because if its the 1 then I would say Boozy is onto something here.

this is why i brought a vote to clarify things.

atleast 1 mod thought it was #1 and atleast another mod thought it was #2.

Zander
Hall of Famer

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2009, 10:15:06 am »

SO this pentalty:

1    If you make a 2 part trade, you cannot trade ANY OF THE PALYERS ON YOUR TEAM for 48 hours?

2   Or is it that I juist cannot trade those players involved in the trade for 48 hours?

This makes a HUGE difference in my decision............because if its the 1 then I would say Boozy is onto something here.

It has nothing to do with Boozy. He thinks that the rule was somehow "under revision" during the 1 day when he made his trade. And therefore his trade should count even though the rule was not changed from two months ago and today.

Sig by bbyao06
joshfarc
MVP

aka ThreadKILLA'

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2009, 10:16:11 am »

Now after learning of the new rules, I think the rule is a complete JOKE.  Why in God's name would you not be able to trade other players on your team if you made a 2part trade involving different players?

That makes ZERO sense, I think is a farce, and I condemn it to hell.  Seriouly, I was under the impression that the penalty meant you cannot trade the players involved in that particular 2-part deal for 48 hours, and I was ALL FOR IT.  But after learning it means your entire team is basically put on STALL MODE and you can't trade some other player not even involded in that said 2part trade, well that is entirely stupid.

I am with Boozy, if he's trading players that weren't actually apart of his previous trade with the penalty(on those players) I would let the trade through.

STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2009, 10:16:56 am »

you dont know what you dont see and i didnt notice until it happened to me and i quickly put a stop to it regardless if i was involved in the trade or not. im a mod im supposed to fi rules like that once i realized theres a problem.

STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2009, 10:17:41 am »

Now after learning of the new rules, I think the rule is a complete JOKE.  Why in God's name would you not be able to trade other players on your team if you made a 2part trade involving different players?

That makes ZERO sense, I think is a farce, and I condemn it to hell.  Seriouly, I was under the impression that the penalty meant you cannot trade the players involved in that particular 2-part deal for 48 hours, and I was ALL FOR IT.  But after learning it means your entire team is basically put on STALL MODE and you can't trade some other player not even involded in that said 2part trade, well that is entirely stupid.

I am with Boozy, if he's trading players that weren't actually apart of his previous trade with the penalty(on those players) I would let the trade through.

thank you. im done talkin here now

Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2009, 10:17:48 am »

the winds seem to be changing direction...

joshfarc
MVP

aka ThreadKILLA'

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2009, 10:20:44 am »

Now after learning of the new rules, I think the rule is a complete JOKE.  Why in God's name would you not be able to trade other players on your team if you made a 2part trade involving different players?

That makes ZERO sense, I think is a farce, and I condemn it to hell.  Seriouly, I was under the impression that the penalty meant you cannot trade the players involved in that particular 2-part deal for 48 hours, and I was ALL FOR IT.  But after learning it means your entire team is basically put on STALL MODE and you can't trade some other player not even involded in that said 2part trade, well that is entirely stupid.

thank you. im done talkin here now

I am just one mod though Boozy, so don't stop talking here.

I jsut want to know what this supposed "RULE" really is.

Zander
Hall of Famer

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2009, 10:20:57 am »

Now after learning of the new rules, I think the rule is a complete JOKE.  Why in God's name would you not be able to trade other players on your team if you made a 2part trade involving different players?

That makes ZERO sense, I think is a farce, and I condemn it to hell.  Seriouly, I was under the impression that the penalty meant you cannot trade the players involved in that particular 2-part deal for 48 hours, and I was ALL FOR IT.  But after learning it means your entire team is basically put on STALL MODE and you can't trade some other player not even involded in that said 2part trade, well that is entirely stupid.

Would you rather change the rule to simply no multi-part trades? Because I'd be more for that than I would be just for only the players involved - which isn't really a penalty at all.

The most important part, and I think you're not making a lot of sense here, is that you seem to think that which you side you believe the rule should be effects if Boozy should be a mod or not. The fact is that he didn't challenge the rule until it effected him. Everyone followed the rule before him and now that it's his turn to pay a penalty it should be changed? That's a farce if I ever saw one.

Sig by bbyao06
STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2009, 10:25:26 am »

i didnt challenge the rule because i never actually knew what the rule was. so when i did realize what was going on i challenged it. in the last 2 days ive come to realize that 4 mods are slightly misunderstood about the actual rule. THAT calls for a revision of the rule and im not wrong from asking for the rule to be revised.

Zander
Hall of Famer

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2009, 10:26:32 am »

i didnt challenge the rule because i never actually knew what the rule was. so when i did realize what was going on i challenged it. in the last 2 days ive come to realize that 4 mods are slightly misunderstood about the actual rule. THAT calls for a revision of the rule and im not wrong from asking for the rule to be revised.

Asking for revision is fine, but making trades like the rule doesn't exist isn't.

Sig by bbyao06
Prime Time
MVP

Prime Time Productions

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2009, 10:29:00 am »

SO this pentalty:

The rule was set a while ago. Why are you debating it now?

We can change it later on, but this trade should not be let through.

Prime Time
MVP

Prime Time Productions

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2009, 10:30:30 am »

Would you rather change the rule to simply no multi-part trades? Because I'd be more for that than I would be just for only the players involved - which isn't really a penalty at all.

The most important part, and I think you're not making a lot of sense here, is that you seem to think that which you side you believe the rule should be effects if Boozy should be a mod or not. The fact is that he didn't challenge the rule until it effected him. Everyone followed the rule before him and now that it's his turn to pay a penalty it should be changed? That's a farce if I ever saw one.

I agree with Zander. We needed a way to limit the amount of many part deals and this was a very good way of doing so.

STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2009, 10:30:41 am »

but why does my whole team have to be frozen from trades? why not just the players involved. i bet you you are gonna find GM who think its either just the players involved and some think its the whole team. thats when u know a rule has failed to get across to all the GMs. a start is to put it in writing

joshfarc
MVP

aka ThreadKILLA'

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2009, 10:31:57 am »

How is penalizing the payers involved not a penalty?

I know so many GM's that trade for a certain player and are only doing so because another GM wants that said player, so he does that trade and then trades that same player to the other GM.  Thus, locking any player involved int he trade.

Here's just my recent example(*I just did this trade)

Sacramento Send:
Lamar Odom $11,400,000 (1)
Kirk Hinrich $10,000,000 (4)
2009 1st Round Pick (Via Sacramento)
Beno Udrih $5,500,000 5
Tayshaun Prince $9,500,000 (3)

Philly Send:
Steve Nash $12,250,000 (2)
Marreese Speights $1,285,500 (2+2TO)
Jamaal Magloire $1,141,838 (1)
Eduardo Najera $3,250,000 (3)
Kevin Martin $9,260,335 (4)

2nd Trade
Sacramento Sends:
Eduardo Najera $3,250,000 (3)
Kevin Martin $9,260,335 (4)

Philly Sends:
Tayshaun Prince $9,500,000 (3)
Beno Udrih $5,500,000 5

2 part trade, yes.  SO ALL players in that trade are on 48 hour lock. It does hurt me, cuz now I can't trade Kmart like I was shopping/talking and trying to do for 2 days because he was in it(even though he was just traded back to me in the trade).   So it is still a penalty, same goes for MF and Prince.  

But after doing that, your sayig I can't shop Mike Miller, who was playing 18 holes at Riviera while this trade went down(and had nothing to do with it) is what makes nos ense.

Zander
Hall of Famer

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2009, 10:32:04 am »

but why does my whole team have to be frozen from trades? why not just the players involved. i bet you you are gonna find GM who think its either just the players involved and some think its the whole team. thats when u know a rule has failed to get across to all the GMs. a start is to put it in writing

So you put it in writing in a more noticeable place, that's good. What I don't get is why you think you trade should be let though? The rule hasn't changed. You seem to think it was on hiatus for your trade only.

Sig by bbyao06
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up

Jump to: