Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Remove Boozy as a mod?  (Read 11027 times)
STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2009, 10:33:07 am »

SO this pentalty:

1    If you make a 2 part trade, you cannot trade ANY OF THE PALYERS ON YOUR TEAM for 48 hours?

2   Or is it that I juist cannot trade those players involved in the trade for 48 hours?

This makes a HUGE difference in my decision............because if its the 1 then I would say Boozy is onto something here.

The rule was set a while ago. Why are you debating it now?

We can change it later on, but this trade should not be let through.

the rule wasnt really an official one if a great amount of the GMs have mixed ideas. even a number of mods arent too sure what it really is. thats where i come in to fix up all the inconsistencies. and u are gonna get on my case for it?

Zander
Hall of Famer

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2009, 10:33:35 am »

Last post on the lats page, I don't want it missed. Respond please.

but why does my whole team have to be frozen from trades? why not just the players involved. i bet you you are gonna find GM who think its either just the players involved and some think its the whole team. thats when u know a rule has failed to get across to all the GMs. a start is to put it in writing

So you put it in writing in a more noticeable place, that's good. What I don't get is why you think you trade should be let though? The rule hasn't changed. You seem to think it was on hiatus for your trade only.

Sig by bbyao06
STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2009, 10:34:55 am »

to me, just observing some posts the idea of the rule was split....was it no player movement or was it no players involved movement.

Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2009, 10:36:44 am »

I know I'm not a mod, but freezing an entire team is a tad overboard. This is a trading game, its what makes it fun. I think only the players involved in the multi-part deals should have to face the trading penalty. However, this may be somewhat difficult to maintain.

Zander
Hall of Famer

« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2009, 10:37:29 am »

I know I'm not a mod, but freezing an entire team is a tad overboard. This is a trading game, its what makes it fun. I think only the players involved in the multi-part deals should have to face the trading penalty. However, this may be somewhat difficult to maintain.

That really has nothing to do with this thread though. Read the title.

And Boozy please respond to my last message.

Sig by bbyao06
Prime Time
MVP

Prime Time Productions

« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2009, 10:40:00 am »

Boozy, you are always trying to find gaps in the holes and making them bigger rather than patching them.

This rule was made at the beginning of the game. The rule is clear. We can fix the rule to make it more clear and better.... but boozy, your trying to fix this rule for all the wrong reasons.

joshfarc
MVP

aka ThreadKILLA'

« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2009, 10:41:06 am »

But like I told Zander, since day 1 I've never liked "Multi-Part" trades.  People probably remember me ranting about how they were a joke and disgrace and i was told "they make it fun".

I am all for making it so ALL trades follow 125% rule, cap space rules, or other exceptions(real NBA onesm not made up 2 part trade ones).

BUt again, Zander is right, this has more to do with the rule itself and my disgust for it than it does about Boozy being kicked, so I apologize for transforming the thread sort of.

As for Boozy, INTEGRITY.

The rule was there(whether or not it was all paler or just the palyers involved has nothing to do with it).  The thing is you are trying to override the system.

STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2009, 11:04:15 am »

Boozy, you are always trying to find gaps in the holes and making them bigger rather than patching them.

This rule was made at the beginning of the game. The rule is clear. We can fix the rule to make it more clear and better.... but boozy, your trying to fix this rule for all the wrong reasons.

tell me if ur post makes any sense when ive been saying for like 4 pages now that i was trying to get the rule fixed. damn man do u not read?

farc and i both seem to agree that freeing the whole roster as the result of a multi-part is a crazy idea. freezing the players involved on the other hand is a better choice.

STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2009, 11:05:32 am »

let me get this straight you guys shut down my idea of adding TPE's into the mix but its ok to shut a team down completely? wow.

cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2009, 11:06:25 am »

lol @ Prime Time. you're not even in this game.

I side with Joshfarc on this one. not that I ever have or probably ever will done a crazy trade like that but it's a pretty stupid rule.

Soon....
Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2009, 11:12:15 am »

I hereby revoke my GM Modding rights.

ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2009, 11:19:18 am »

The rule is just fine how it is. The reason that rule is in place is to stop crazy unrealistic trades that really should never happen. If you must trade a 1 million dollar player for a 14 million dollar player, without making salaries match then you should be penalized. Putting a team on hold for a couple days after doing a trade like that isn't overboard, it's simply put in place to prevent those BS trades. Making salaries match is a huge part of the game, if you're going to throw that part out there's really no point in players even having salaries in this game either. If I can trade Brandon Bass who makes 1 mill for Ben Wallace who's making 14 without having to throw another 13 million to make salaries match, and I don't get penalized for it, then what's the point in even having salaries?

This rule is needed to keep the game realistic, and obviously it's working because of the whining that's going on because people can't trade. Next time make the trade realistic and you won't be penalized.

cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2009, 11:23:20 am »

If you must trade a 1 million dollar player for a 14 million dollar player, without making salaries match then you should be penalized

How the hell does this make any sense? Say you're trading a guy like Rose who's on a rookie contract for a guy like I dunno, Richard Jefferson and some other stuff, and Jefferson makes a ton of money. There are good players who have small contracts.

Soon....
STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2009, 11:24:04 am »

you know at one point i suggested to implement all trade restrictions that exist in the real nba but it was quickly shot down because this is a trading game. its funny to me to hear now that someone wants to shut a team down completely from trading.

this is directly to u ivo, i tried to get TPE into the game. THEY ARE REALISTTIC. just as valid as any other trade. where were ur two cents to make the game more realistic then?

STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2009, 11:25:33 am »

The rule is just fine how it is. The reason that rule is in place is to stop crazy unrealistic trades that really should never happen. If you must trade a 1 million dollar player for a 14 million dollar player, without making salaries match then you should be penalized. Putting a team on hold for a couple days after doing a trade like that isn't overboard, it's simply put in place to prevent those BS trades. Making salaries match is a huge part of the game, if you're going to throw that part out there's really no point in players even having salaries in this game either. If I can trade Brandon Bass who makes 1 mill for Ben Wallace who's making 14 without having to throw another 13 million to make salaries match, and I don't get penalized for it, then what's the point in even having salaries?

This rule is needed to keep the game realistic, and obviously it's working because of the whining that's going on because people can't trade. Next time make the trade realistic and you won't be penalized.

u can trade bass for wallace if one team has cap space. or a trade exception.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Jump to: