Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: how bring the spurs back up top  (Read 13543 times)
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« on: January 19, 2007, 10:24:43 pm »

eric williams, michael finley and jackie butler and a first-round pick for rashard lewis and mike wilks.lewis wants to be a freeagent this summer,and the sonics might not want him to leave for nothing in return

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
td21
All-Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 01:45:34 pm »

good trade because as i keep saying we need that youth. williams is a nobody on this team and as much as i love finley he just needs to retire because with his play he is emberassing himself. later for butler and we could really use lewis after this season or even now. vaughn, our third string point guard will be gone after this season and wilks is a solid young pick up. i think bowen will be on the bench after this season if we were to pick up lewis so he lewis would still start. overall it's a good trade for us but i don't know about seattle.
manu/chapu
Benchwarmer

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 02:28:19 pm »

The trade would be great but would seattle accept it?
zunami
Star

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 12:05:15 am »

EDIT: IGNORE!! NOT REALISTIC AT ALL!!
No, Seattle wouldn't accept it. Here's my idea: ship perimeter shooters who are taking away from the Spurs' trademark physicality that helped them win championships to a team where they fit (fast-tempo offense). I'm referring to Bonner, Finley, Barry and Horry. These guys stand around the perimeter so much that their lack of movement in my opinion reduces the passion the team plays with. Here's my solution:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=42~1996~242~347~2746~385~808&teams=27~27~27~27~24~24~24
1st round pick from the Spurs to Wiz as well.
I know that Antawn is a finesse player, but he's got lively legs that enable him to attack the basket. Deshawn Stevenson (25 yrs) would not only energize the crowd with his freak athleticism and sorely needed youth, but his perimeter defense would be a welcome commodity. Andray Blatche (20 yrs): more youth + physicality

Parker
Ginobili/Stevenson
Bowen/Jamison
Duncan
Oberto

This is a little risky considering how much the Spurs lose in shooting, but more player movement and less standing around on the perimeter adds passion in my opinion.

Arenas
Daniels/Finley
Butler/Barry
Horry/Bonner
Thomas
a-dre
Benchwarmer

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 01:27:36 am »

i doubt dc would give up jamison for finley, barry, horry and bonner. elson is an upgrade at the 5 spot w/ his athletism. all they gots to get is a athletic wingman.

here's some decent wing guys the spurs can realistically pick up:
marvin williams, childress, viktor khrypa (?), pietrus, dorrel wright, d-mase, rasual butler, outlaw, gelabale.
zunami
Star

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 01:33:54 am »

Yeah, Wizards wouldn't bite on that even if it helps their salary cap especially since they're playing so well. I still think Bonner, Barry, Horry and Finley should be the trade pieces. Out of the guys you mentioned, Pietrus would be the best choice and perhaps the most realistic considering Mullin is really overhauling the team.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 03:01:14 am »

deshawn stevenson?andre blatche?...spurs wont trade for them,those guys have been involved in shootings and stuff.the organization wont approve

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 07:24:10 am »

Yeah well, Bruce Bowen has been involved in ankle breakings, and stuff. :wink:

Soon....
manu/chapu
Benchwarmer

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 08:59:45 am »

Quote from: "cselby"
Yeah well, Bruce Bowen has been involved in ankle breakings, and stuff. :wink:

And artest is the worst,most desconsiderate  person in the universe and every single person here loves him.....(and take into account that i dont know enough words in english to describe how much i hate his attitude and lack of respect)
And talking about the post i see that we have a huge problem here.We need to trade players but we want to give old and past their prime players(horry finley maybe barry)and useless players(bonner williams)and in exchange we want young and quality players like maggette,lewis and so.I dont see a real solution unless a team wants badly cap space so there we could have a chance but if not.......The solution and im getting tired of saying it is scola in the low post and a miracle in the perimeter.
zunami
Star

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 02:20:18 pm »

Quote from: "manu/chapu"
We need to trade players but we want to give old and past their prime players(horry finley maybe barry)and useless players(bonner williams)and in exchange we want young and quality players like maggette,lewis and so.
lol yea that is a problem. The trade chips aren't worth much. Should they trade... dare I say... Ginobili?
DeJa
Benchwarmer

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 02:59:54 pm »

IMO It'll take more than one season for Spurs to revamp their team, they been an elite team for too long and its one of the oldest team in the league... they need to trade their expiring contracts and get some 1st round draft picks, they should start with positions 2 and 3 cuz they have Beno Udrich and Parker playing Point Guard and they're still young. Duncan should continue his skill level during the next few years, so IMO they should start drafting shooting guards and small forwards due to Bowen, Finley and Barry being 3 of the oldest guys in their roster. Besides I dont think much of the league teams have interest in any of them.

Fact is every team will get to a point where they'll have to struggle for a few(maybe a couple years) in order to rebuild a team...

B. Udrih / B. Jackson / B. Brown
K. Martin / Q. Douby
J. Salmons  / F. Garcia / D. Greene /
M. Moore / J. Thompson / S. Williams / K. Thomas / S. Abdur-Rahim
B. Miller / S. Hawes
td21
All-Star

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 03:40:03 pm »

man i don't know about all this other ***, but i do know we need more youth and athletism. we should start going after guys like lewis, maggette, and etc. we will eventually get somebody and it dosn't matter who goes as long as it's not tim, tony, manu, or maybe bruce. this is my team but a lot (not all) of these dudes on this team are expendable.
zunami
Star

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 03:59:07 pm »

I don't see any way of the Spurs getting Maggette or Lewis. Other teams simply have more to offer.
manu/chapu
Benchwarmer

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 06:30:56 pm »

Quote from: "td21"
man i don't know about all this other *****, but i do know we need more youth and athletism. we should start going after guys like lewis, maggette, and etc. we will eventually get somebody and it dosn't matter who goes as long as it's not tim, tony, manu, or maybe bruce. this is my team but a lot (not all) of these dudes on this team are expendable.

We all agree with you im a sa fan as much as you but the other teams think the same that us. i mean except td parker and manu(our untradeable core)the rest are expendable and no one wants to give something valious for them.So again lets get scola in the low post and try to get someone athletic in the perimeter.I like maggete and lewis too but lewis is too good and we have nothing to offer for him, and for maggete the only chance is that LA wants salary space........
a-dre
Benchwarmer

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 10:47:29 pm »

Quote from: "manu/chapu"
Quote from: "td21"
man i don't know about all this other *****, but i do know we need more youth and athletism. we should start going after guys like lewis, maggette, and etc. we will eventually get somebody and it dosn't matter who goes as long as it's not tim, tony, manu, or maybe bruce. this is my team but a lot (not all) of these dudes on this team are expendable.

We all agree with you im a sa fan as much as you but the other teams think the same that us. i mean except td parker and manu(our untradeable core)the rest are expendable and no one wants to give something valious for them.So again lets get scola in the low post and try to get someone athletic in the perimeter.I like maggete and lewis too but lewis is too good and we have nothing to offer for him, and for maggete the only chance is that LA wants salary space........

elson and bowen should be untouchable. elson is athletic and can do a nice job on guys like dirk. bowen is old, but he still got some gas left in the tank. everyone else should be used as trade bait. sorry finley.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Jump to: