Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: how bring the spurs back up top  (Read 13542 times)
td21
All-Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2007, 07:47:46 am »

Quote from: "manu/chapu"
Quote from: "td21"
man i don't know about all this other *****, but i do know we need more youth and athletism. we should start going after guys like lewis, maggette, and etc. we will eventually get somebody and it dosn't matter who goes as long as it's not tim, tony, manu, or maybe bruce. this is my team but a lot (not all) of these dudes on this team are expendable.

We all agree with you im a sa fan as much as you but the other teams think the same that us. i mean except td parker and manu(our untradeable core)the rest are expendable and no one wants to give something valious for them.So again lets get scola in the low post and try to get someone athletic in the perimeter.I like maggete and lewis too but lewis is too good and we have nothing to offer for him, and for maggete the only chance is that LA wants salary space........

yeah i got to face the facts that we don't have much of a chance at these dudes, although it's still not out of the question. i know it's a lot more youth and athletism out there we have a chance at. but then all this comes back to what you all are saying, what do we have to offer. this is where the spurs office messed up in getting all these aged players who now nobody out there would have much interest in. i think we would have a chance at dump off players like artest but the organization as someone stated before does not want any problem players, not to single out artest or anything. right now we are in a pickle over this trade stuff.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2007, 11:03:42 pm »

im thinking instead of lewis,they should get kirilenko instead who is unhappy in utah.if they give up finley,finley still gets to play for a winning team...theres still a lot of ways to make the spurs better,imagine if pau demands to be traded to the spurs.theyll have no choice even if the spurs have not much assets.it could be likely he wants to join the best set of international players in the nba

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
zunami
Star

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2007, 11:59:48 pm »

Quote from: "kingdumcome"
im thinking instead of lewis,they should get kirilenko instead who is unhappy in utah.if they give up finley,finley still gets to play for a winning team...theres still a lot of ways to make the spurs better,imagine if pau demands to be traded to the spurs.theyll have no choice even if the spurs have not much assets.it could be likely he wants to join the best set of international players in the nba
lol if Gasol asks for a trade to the Spurs, the Grizzlies have no choice but to trade him there for crap value? That's not the way it works nor never has... he can't veto a trade. The Grizzlies look for the best offer.
C19W83
Undrafted

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 04:53:25 pm »

Quote from: "kingdumcome"

Better yet, I think it would be a great idea to trade Beno for Lebron James. We could even sweeten the deal by giving them Williams as well.  :roll:

Unless we are prepared to break up the big 3, we don't have ANYONE valuable to trade for Lewis, Kirilenko, or Gasol. Aside from Timmay, Manu, and TP, everyone is either 1) too old 2) currently in a lengthly slump 3) just plain sucks or a combination of the 3. I'm not going to even mention the huge contracts of Kirilenko, Gasol, and (I think) Lewis.

I'm hoping RC can work  his magic, but I don't see us getting more athletic and younger in one season alone. Hopefully we can use our full mid level exception and sign someone QUALITY at the end of this season. Nocioni's contract expires at season end and he's only making $3 million currently. He gives us heart, defense, youth, rebounding, and athleticism. I say begin by trading Finley (he's a steal at $2.5 million even though he's in a slump) and pray Horry will retire (he's far past his usefulness and far overpriced at $8 million). I would rather not see Barry leave us just yet...
zunami
Star

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 06:53:43 pm »

Call me crazy, but I think they should trade Manu. Sure, every great team runs into a drought eventually, but I don't really see how the Spurs are gonna recover from the drought since the team is so old.
C19W83
Undrafted

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2007, 07:03:37 pm »

Quote from: "zunami"
Call me crazy, but I think they should trade Manu. Sure, every great team runs into a drought eventually, but I don't really see how the Spurs are gonna recover from the drought since the team is so old.

But he's SO cheap. I highly doubt they will bc all other players in the $5-$6 million range are people like Mo Pete, Jason Collins, Eric Snow, etc. Catch my drift? He makes the average NBA salary and he is far above your average NBA player. Unless you want to trade him for scrubs and a draft pick to pick up Oden or (preferably for the Spurs) Durant, we'll end up getting raped in the end. I'd even need convincing for the high draft pick as it'll take a few years for them to develop (after Tim is well over his prime). It looks like even RC makes mistakes and backed himself into a corner on this one.
td21
All-Star

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2007, 07:08:33 pm »

true but i think manu going is just on the back of the organizations' mind. i would trade him but somebody gotta show me trade possibilities first. luckily if he was to go somewhere sometime soon at least teams would look and/or listen because of his caliber and youth, especially youth unlike a great deal of other players on the team.
td21
All-Star

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2007, 07:13:27 pm »

Quote from: "C19W83"

But he's SO cheap. I highly doubt they will bc all other players in the $5-$6 million range are people like Mo Pete, Jason Collins, Eric Snow, etc. Catch my drift? He makes the average NBA salary and he is far above your average NBA player. Unless you want to trade him for scrubs and a draft pick to pick up Oden or (preferably for the Spurs) Durant, we'll end up getting raped in the end. I'd even need convincing for the high draft pick as it'll take a few years for them to develop (after Tim is well over his prime). It looks like even RC makes mistakes and backed himself into a corner on this one.

yeah fairly true, i didn't think about the salary part. the last sentence is too true and is something i stated before. we're in a corner with certain players and can't do much of, if anything with them besides a waive.
a-dre
Benchwarmer

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2007, 07:28:08 pm »

I'm hoping RC can work  his magic

he could just give isiah another call. who knows isiah might give up david lee and q-rich for beno
C19W83
Undrafted

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2007, 08:02:25 pm »

I was actually wrong. He makes $8 million. Still cheap for an All-Star, but an "overexaggeration" on my part.
zunami
Star

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2007, 09:50:15 pm »

I don't think RC has made mistakes that he could have avoided, it's just that all good things come to an end. The 8.25 M contract of Ginobili is quite tradable in my opinion when you factor in his injury proneness. Nobody is gonna give the Spurs a top 10 draft pick, the draft is just too good this year to allow that to happen. I think they should make a deal that saves salary cap space. Maggette perhaps? He'd create more ball movement with his ability to drive into the lane. This is quite a random thought but Ginobili, Horry and Bonner (shooting PF's work well on fast break teams) would be good fits in NJ. However, I don't see Vince Carter as a good fit in SA at all. His expiring contract would be nice though.
C19W83
Undrafted

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2007, 10:37:53 pm »

I don't think RC has made mistakes that he could have avoided, it's just that all good things come to an end. The 8.25 M contract of Ginobili is quite tradable in my opinion when you factor in his injury proneness. Nobody is gonna give the Spurs a top 10 draft pick, the draft is just too good this year to allow that to happen. I think they should make a deal that saves salary cap space. Maggette perhaps? He'd create more ball movement with his ability to drive into the lane. This is quite a random thought but Ginobili, Horry and Bonner (shooting PF's work well on fast break teams) would be good fits in NJ. However, I don't see Vince Carter as a good fit in SA at all. His expiring contract would be nice though.

I dunno.... I definitely see where you're coming from, I'm just afraid to fix what's not broken. I think Duncan, TP, and Ginobili are doing fine. The bench is what really concerns me. If you can get get two young up and coming players for the price of Manu, I'm all over it. I really don't want Maggette though (also injury-prone). He has low basketball IQ and I just can't see him as a Spur. Let me rephrase that: I just don't want Maggette for Manu. Manu and Finley for say...Luol Deng and some bad contract would me great. He was outstanding in tonight's game against Dallas. He gives you size, rebounding, and athleticism. And he's young (<26).

You know zunami, I started this post trying to tell you that you are wrong, but the more I think about it, the more I like your idea. Manu's getting old and we should trade him while he's still a commodity. I doubt the city of SA would like it, but eh...they'll get over it.
zunami
Star

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2007, 11:16:46 pm »

I dunno.... I definitely see where you're coming from, I'm just afraid to fix what's not broken. I think Duncan, TP, and Ginobili are doing fine. The bench is what really concerns me. If you can get get two young up and coming players for the price of Manu, I'm all over it. I really don't want Maggette though (also injury-prone). He has low basketball IQ and I just can't see him as a Spur. Let me rephrase that: I just don't want Maggette for Manu. Manu and Finley for say...Luol Deng and some bad contract would me great. He was outstanding in tonight's game against Dallas. He gives you size, rebounding, and athleticism. And he's young (<26).

You know zunami, I started this post trying to tell you that you are wrong, but the more I think about it, the more I like your idea. Manu's getting old and we should trade him while he's still a commodity. I doubt the city of SA would like it, but eh...they'll get over it.
Getting Carter with Manu, Horry and Bonner could work. Then maybe trade Carter right when he gets to SA? Trade him for two young guys. I don't see the Bulls giving up Luol Deng. I like Maggette, the guy led the league two years ago in free throw attempts. That's crazy for such a low-profile player. So Vince for Ross, Maggette and any player(s) that makes the contracts match. I'm getting way too complicated with this, but I think the Spurs should get:
-salary cap relief
-youth
-somebody who can get into the paint off the dribble and thus encourages ball movement
-defense (somebody like Ross)
I love Manu, but I think he's gotta go if the Spurs want to be contenders 5 years from now.
td21
All-Star

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2007, 07:08:06 am »

Getting Carter with Manu, Horry and Bonner could work. Then maybe trade Carter right when he gets to SA? Trade him for two young guys. I don't see the Bulls giving up Luol Deng. I like Maggette, the guy led the league two years ago in free throw attempts. That's crazy for such a low-profile player. So Vince for Ross, Maggette and any player(s) that makes the contracts match. I'm getting way too complicated with this, but I think the Spurs should get:
-salary cap relief
-youth
-somebody who can get into the paint off the dribble and thus encourages ball movement
I love Manu, but I think he's gotta go if the Spurs want to be contenders 5 years from now.

yeah that sounds pretty good but you really think we can even get carter.
manu/chapu
Benchwarmer

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2007, 08:18:15 am »

Quote from: "td21"

-salary cap relief
-youth

yeah that sounds pretty good but you really think we can even get carter.

Altough i hate to think about trading manu ill make the effort.First of all the bulls will never give deng for manu because they have gordon there, and now they are looking for a pf(gasol,oneal,kg)so its impossible.
Second why carter?why dont we look for a player that has something called heart in his body?he is in a great team with great players and again he isnt doing well.And about maggtte, are you crazy?why dont we trade parker and td for him too.I mean i like him but except that he is younger manu is far better in the overall.Is there any chance of getting lewis?.I think that he is the best fit to SA.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Jump to: