Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: how bring the spurs back up top  (Read 13632 times)
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2007, 10:18:30 pm »

Quote from: "manu/chapu"
Quote from: "controlledchaos"
"Parker is not an exceptional fantasy player in such leagues, and that's only partly because of his well-known lack of 3-point shooting. A hidden factor that hurts is his assists-to-turnovers ratio of 2.16. That makes Parker, who averages 5.6 assists and 2.6 turnovers per game, the 41st-ranked guard in the league in that category. "

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories/MYSA012707.02C.COLkendrick.page2.ef0896.html

THIS IS TO MAKE IT CLEAR HOW BAD OF A PURE POINT GUARD HE IS

Be realistic and watch some games parker is one fo the best pg in the league.Its obvious that he isn the playmaker type that kidd or nash are but he can makes a lot of space with his penetrations and his movements at the low post are far better than 90% of the big man in the league.Dont misunderstand me i love manu i am a fan of SA because of him but its obvious that the franchise needs some reconstruction

Don't listen to controlled chaos, he won't get off Manu.

Soon....
td21
All-Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2007, 08:16:23 am »

Quote from: "controlledchaos"
"Parker is not an exceptional fantasy player in such leagues, and that's only partly because of his well-known lack of 3-point shooting. A hidden factor that hurts is his assists-to-turnovers ratio of 2.16. That makes Parker, who averages 5.6 assists and 2.6 turnovers per game, the 41st-ranked guard in the league in that category. "

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories/MYSA012707.02C.COLkendrick.page2.ef0896.html

THIS IS TO MAKE IT CLEAR HOW BAD OF A PURE POINT GUARD HE IS

Be realistic and watch some games parker is one fo the best pg in the league.Its obvious that he isn the playmaker type that kidd or nash are but he can makes a lot of space with his penetrations and his movements at the low post are far better than 90% of the big man in the league.Dont misunderstand me i love manu i am a fan of SA because of him but its obvious that the franchise needs some reconstruction

you took the words right out of my mouth. as i said before though a trade will not happen until after the season probaly.
skatenike
Benchwarmer

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2007, 12:01:44 pm »

Well yeah parker isnt a great playmaker point guard, but the only reason nash has so many more assist than parker is cause of the people they play with.  Nash can pass it to almost any one and they just go and dunk the ball, theres one assist right there.  Parker passes it to Bowen and Horry or Finley and they miss more than half their shots so he doesnt get credit for the assists, or he'll pass it and then just another team mate passes it to the open guy and he gets the assist.  And the suns also get a lot more posessions each game.  But Parker is still an All Star pg which is more than a lot of other pgs can say.
td21
All-Star

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2007, 06:11:40 pm »

Quote from: "skatenike"
Well yeah parker isnt a great playmaker point guard, but the only reason nash has so many more assist than parker is cause of the people they play with.  Nash can pass it to almost any one and they just go and dunk the ball, theres one assist right there.  Parker passes it to Bowen and Horry or Finley and they miss more than half their shots so he doesnt get credit for the assists, or he'll pass it and then just another team mate passes it to the open guy and he gets the assist.  And the suns also get a lot more posessions each game.  But Parker is still an All Star pg which is more than a lot of other pgs can say.

yeah i ain't hoppin on or nothing but this is also too true. due to the season sruggles of horry, bowen, and etc tony dosn't get credited as much as he should. he is a top five point guard and if guys would hit shots his statistics would benefit much more. i think he is almost as good a playmaker as nash or kidd, with just less experience but in a few years he will be the premeir pg of the league.oh yeah, i excluded finley from the first sentence since he just finished knocking off those crumby lakers and i think he is starting to come alive finally. Cool
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2007, 12:07:13 am »

with parker continuing to grow i dont see the spurs being out of contention for the rest of the time he and duncan are there. it will be like having stockton and malone in three years. surrounding them with quality role players will be enough to keep them afloat

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
Mavsguru
Starter

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2007, 12:56:27 pm »

Quote from: "kingdumcome"
eric williams, michael finley and jackie butler and a first-round pick for rashard lewis and mike wilks.lewis wants to be a freeagent this summer,and the sonics might not want him to leave for nothing in return

So Seattle gets expiring players they don't need and somwhere around the 25-28th pick of the draft, and all they have to part with is Lewis, arguably their best player.  

Not going to happen.
td21
All-Star

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2007, 03:21:03 pm »

Quote from: "Mavsguru"
Quote from: "kingdumcome"
eric williams, michael finley and jackie butler and a first-round pick for rashard lewis and mike wilks.lewis wants to be a freeagent this summer,and the sonics might not want him to leave for nothing in return

So Seattle gets expiring players they don't need and somwhere around the 25-28th pick of the draft, and all they have to part with is Lewis, arguably their best player.  

Not going to happen.

lewis is not there best player, even with an argue until ray is gone.
zunami
Star

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2007, 04:57:07 pm »

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=469~2506~42~272~497~847&teams=24~12~25~12~25~24

This seems good for all teams involved. Barry would get a very warm welcome.
td21
All-Star

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2007, 06:01:39 am »

Quote from: "zunami"
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=469~2506~42~272~497~847&teams=24~12~25~12~25~24

This seems good for all teams involved. Barry would get a very warm
welcome.

yeah this would be good for all teams involved. as you said barry had some of his best seasons in seattle and we could get that scoring piece and youth. it is obvious lewis would help us tremendously and i think the other teams would benefit also, good trade overall i think.
manu/chapu
Benchwarmer

« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2007, 07:42:19 am »

I really like it but seattle gets two sg and they have allen there.Even more they get to sg that plays no defense so add to that that their star is one of the worst defenders in the league and LA gets 2 sg being manu better than maggette and wilkins who is far useless than thomas, becasue they already have mobley.If we give manu plus barry to seattle i doubt they will accpet and this deal is worse for them because they get maggette instead.I repeat i love the deal but it wont happen.
skatenike
Benchwarmer

« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2007, 01:02:36 pm »

I hate it.  Any trade that sends Manu out I'm gonna hate.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2007, 01:11:33 pm »

Quote from: "skatenike"
I hate it.  Any trade that sends Manu out I'm gonna hate.

Even if it makes the team better?

Soon....
ThaKryptKeeper
Benchwarmer

Respect: +1

« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2007, 01:43:31 pm »

The Spurs are on top, there the 3rd best team in the League for the past 5+ years.

The Offically Gay List:
Ernesto
Josh
HappyTheFlamingHomo
Chuck Weasel
SuperSonicFreakShow
YoDaZoDa
zunami
Star

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2007, 02:56:50 pm »

I really like it but seattle gets two sg and they have allen there.Even more they get to sg that plays no defense so add to that that their star is one of the worst defenders in the league and LA gets 2 sg being manu better than maggette and wilkins who is far useless than thomas, becasue they already have mobley.If we give manu plus barry to seattle i doubt they will accpet and this deal is worse for them because they get maggette instead.I repeat i love the deal but it wont happen.
Seattle would be getting the least for sure, but Barry can play SF and some PG while Maggette can play SF. You could add something minor from both SA and LA to make it better for Seattle.
Ridnour/Watson/Barry
Allen/Barry
Maggette/Gelabale/Barry
Wilcox
Collison
Happiness1982
MVP

Respect: +1

« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2007, 03:04:38 am »

That could be worse seeing as Lewis' contract is up in the air but im not sure about the barry bit. He's not needed.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

The well-run Hoopshype alternative
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Jump to: