Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: how bring the spurs back up top  (Read 13541 times)
zunami
Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2007, 03:14:21 pm »

Quote from: "Happiness1982"
That could be worse seeing as Lewis' contract is up in the air but im not sure about the barry bit. He's not needed.
Yea, you'd have to add a first round pick for them. Too bad the Spurs are not doing anything.
td21
All-Star

« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2007, 03:36:04 pm »

yeah it rally is too bad, so i'll just see how we finish the season.
a-dre
Benchwarmer

« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2007, 06:12:11 pm »

the bench is the problem. don't ya'll go trading the big 3 elson and bowen just yet. i say give it one more season. the spurs need a shot, but most of ya'll are talking trade like they're no championship contender. don't touch that starting 5 yet.
manu/chapu
Benchwarmer

« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2007, 06:28:30 pm »

Quote from: "a-dre"
the bench is the problem. don't ya'll go trading the big 3 elson and bowen just yet. i say give it one more season. the spurs need a shot, but most of ya'll are talking trade like they're no championship contender. don't touch that starting 5 yet.

the more i see sa the more i agree with this.we need a better bench we already have a great core so we shouldnt give manu. we should give  elson oberto udrih finley and whatever esle is there and get some average  reserves, someone that can comes off the bench and do something in the offensive. im sure that taking scola next year will solve the problem in the low post and we also need someone that can socre in the mid range and is cheap enough.the only reserve that is giving us something is barry the rest good bye.
C19W83
Undrafted

« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2007, 11:34:31 am »

Quote from: "manu/chapu"

the more i see sa the more i agree with this.we need a better bench we already have a great core so we shouldnt give manu. we should give  elson oberto udrih finley and whatever esle is there and get some average  reserves, someone that can comes off the bench and do something in the offensive. im sure that taking scola next year will solve the problem in the low post and we also need someone that can socre in the mid range and is cheap enough.the only reserve that is giving us something is barry the rest good bye.

Since SA already has the rights to sign Scola, must they use their mid-level exception to do so? If so, I doubt SA will sign him. They'll sign someone who has already proven himself in the NBA. Like I said before, I'd rather have them sign one quality player with their ~$6 million mid-level exception as opposed to splitting it for Scola and some other useless player. Scola is very good in his own right, and has proven himself in Europe, but is a BIG question mark on how he will perform in the NBA.
manu/chapu
Benchwarmer

« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2007, 06:38:46 pm »

Quote from: "C19W83"
[

Since SA already has the rights to sign Scola, must they use their mid-level exception to do so? If so, I doubt SA will sign him. They'll sign someone who has already proven himself in the NBA. Like I said before, I'd rather have them sign one quality player with their ~$6 million mid-level exception as opposed to splitting it for Scola and some other useless player. Scola is very good in his own right, and has proven himself in Europe, but is a BIG question mark on how he will perform in the NBA.

But i dont think he is a big question mark he has the phisical conditions to make it fine.and there is nothing in the market for that price that can compares with him.i understand what you are saying but his numbers speak for himself. he can scores without problem and thats what sa needs not a defensive player like oberto.
C19W83
Undrafted

« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2007, 12:49:26 pm »

Quote from: "manu/chapu"
[

But i dont think he is a big question mark he has the phisical conditions to make it fine.and there is nothing in the market for that price that can compares with him.i understand what you are saying but his numbers speak for himself. he can scores without problem and thats what sa needs not a defensive player like oberto.

At season end, there will be many on the market for around $6 million that we can sign with our midlevel exception. My arguement that he is undoubtedly a good player, but unproven in the NBA. There are several players that have suceeded in college or oversees who came to the NBA and just played terrible. It would be a gamble to sign him. If they do, I hope you're right.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2007, 05:35:19 am »

who knows if the messiah is inside the team. i hear james white has made some ill-dunks in college. does somebody have a scouting report about him? if he can play defense, dribble, pass,shoot, etc?

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
td21
All-Star

« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2007, 03:16:02 pm »

well for now the trade talk for us is dead thanks to pop. i think this off season will be very interesting for us and even more so if we get knocked out in the playoffs, which right now with this style of play seems likely. who knows though we might make it to the championship due to our experience and veteran leadership.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2007, 06:41:39 am »

they dont have to make big trades. sign and trade involving jackie butler for chris mihm and signing mikel pietrus could be the answer

manu/chapu
Benchwarmer

« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2007, 08:36:09 am »

Can someone explain me how the hell did howard dunk the ball in our faces with no time to play?
td21
All-Star

« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2007, 08:53:51 am »

i honestly have no idea but that game was disgusting. we blew that lead and there is no excuse. as much as i hate to say it i think it was tim's fault on that in bound dunk.
B-ball fan 11
MVP

« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2007, 04:03:02 am »

Quote from: "zunami"
EDIT: IGNORE!! NOT REALISTIC AT ALL!!
No, Seattle wouldn't accept it. Here's my idea: ship perimeter shooters who are taking away from the Spurs' trademark physicality that helped them win championships to a team where they fit (fast-tempo offense). I'm referring to Bonner, Finley, Barry and Horry. These guys stand around the perimeter so much that their lack of movement in my opinion reduces the passion the team plays with. Here's my solution:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=42~1996~242~347~2746~385~808&teams=27~27~27~27~24~24~24
1st round pick from the Spurs to Wiz as well.
I know that Antawn is a finesse player, but he's got lively legs that enable him to attack the basket. Deshawn Stevenson (25 yrs) would not only energize the crowd with his freak athleticism and sorely needed youth, but his perimeter defense would be a welcome commodity. Andray Blatche (20 yrs): more youth + physicality

Parker
Ginobili/Stevenson
Bowen/Jamison
Duncan
Oberto

This is a little risky considering how much the Spurs lose in shooting, but more player movement and less standing around on the perimeter adds passion in my opinion.

Arenas
Daniels/Finley
Butler/Barry
Horry/Bonner
Thomas

There's no way they would give up one of their big three for Finley Barry and Bonner.
B-ball fan 11
MVP

« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2007, 04:11:05 am »

I'm hoping RC can work  his magic

he could just give isiah another call. who knows isiah might give up david lee and q-rich for beno

I think Isiah has learned not to trade with the top Western Confrence teams, because they end up raping him, see denver, phoneix, and spurs
Pervis Ellison
MVP

« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2007, 07:19:22 am »

denver?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Jump to: