Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your San Antonio Spurs Depth Chart  (Read 2516 times)
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

Respect: +1

« on: September 15, 2009, 07:33:24 am »

As the days creep up, I am starting to get more and more excited, I hope the regular season brings more Spurs fan to the message board.  Regardless, was thinking everyone's thought on their depth chart this year.  This is what I have for their depth chart, starting line up, and finishing the game line up.

Starting Line up / Back ups

PG Tony Parker / George Hill
SG Roger Mason Jr. / Manu Ginobili / Malik Hairston
SF Richard Jefferson / Michael Finley
PF Antonio Mcdyess / Dejuan Blair
C  Tim Duncan / Matt Bonner / Theo Ratliff

Finishing the Game

Tony Parker
Manu Ginobili
Richard Jefferson
Antonio Mcdyess
Tim Duncan

Any thoughts?  Also, what does everyone think of the Spurs going after Luis Scola next year?  Both him and Ginobili are Free Agents, Do you think we could sign them both?  or Would that be spending too much money again? 

It Was all a dream I use to read word up magazine
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 08:09:16 am »

parker / hill
mason / ginobili
jefferson / finley
duncan / blair
mcdyess / bonner

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 10:11:33 am »

That's quite a depth chart. It has been a while since Jefferson has played for a good team so I expect a big year from him. How many minutes do you think he'll get though? He's used to playing a fair amount, but how many minutes do you give Finley?

Soon....
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 10:24:41 am »

That's quite a depth chart. It has been a while since Jefferson has played for a good team so I expect a big year from him. How many minutes do you think he'll get though? He's used to playing a fair amount, but how many minutes do you give Finley?

Last year in Milwaukee he averaged around 36 minutes a game, I would think RJ Could see around equal minutes or maybe a couple less, Finley played around 29 minutes a game last year, but that was mainly due to Ginobili being injured, and Roger Mason Jr. playing more point as well.  I could see Finleys minutes drop to around 20-22 minutes a game at best.  Depends on health of other players.

Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 01:59:39 pm »

i think this is the year finley averages less than 10 minutes a game. poppovich will go to him in some clutch situations though. he might see action maybe in garbage times but he will post 20 some minutes in some games when he is hot or someone is injured. thats the way i see it. the spurs believe roger will have an even better year than he had last year. he might take some SF minutes

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 06:52:03 pm »

i think this is the year finley averages less than 10 minutes a game. poppovich will go to him in some clutch situations though. he might see action maybe in garbage times but he will post 20 some minutes in some games when he is hot or someone is injured. thats the way i see it. the spurs believe roger will have an even better year than he had last year. he might take some SF minutes

I think Manu will take SF minutes before roger does in my opinion.  Just my thought though, i agree with you for the finley thing but less than 10 a game, maybe 12-15 seems more realistic.... only time will tell though.

STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

Respect: +30

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 06:54:57 pm »

mine would be

Parker / Hill
Mason / Ginobili
Jefferson / Finley
Duncan / Blair / Haislip
McDyess / Bonner / Ratliff
inactive: Mahinmi is the only guarantee. Jerrells, Williams, Hairston all have non-guaranteed deals.

14Supernuts
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 07:59:24 pm »

^^
Finally someone mentioned Haislip.  He is an athletic big that shoots 3s and can block shots.  I think he gets a lot of minutes, like in the 24-28 range, and Bonner falls out of the rotation.

I think they put Ratliff on the inactive list for most of the season and just save him for later in the year, much like Horry those last few years.  Not saying he will get that many minutes in the playoffs, but save his body and legs throughout the year.

I agree with most in saying that Finley will get very few minutes this season.  I would like to see them really develop Hairston cause I thought he played well when he was out there last season.  Another guy that can guard bigger wing players, and just a smart player.

And lastly, the end of the game line up the OP posted is easily their best line up.

Quote from: 14Supernuts
I was wrong, and Josh was right the Spurs actually aren't good like the Suns.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: