Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can the Atlanta Braves sneak into the playoffs?  (Read 1279 times)
G.O.A.T.
All-Star

Respect: 0

« on: September 23, 2009, 09:22:56 pm »

It would be hard but they have won 11 of their last 13 games and still play Washington like 7 times and the Rocks have to play the Cards and Dodgers still, it's mathematically within the realm of possibility.

G.O.A.T.
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 03:45:51 pm »

We've now won 6 in a row overall and 10 in a row on the road and have cut the deficit to 2 1/2 games. I'm afraid we waited to long to go on a roll though! Angry

MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 03:50:33 pm »

I can see the Rockies holding to the wild card spot actually, they're 5-5 in their last 10 and they're going against the Cards who I have winning the world series, but after that it's a 2 game set with the Brewers, and i see the Brewers losing both games. Braves have the Marlins, and I can see them winning the series (2-1, 3 game series), so this means Rockies will hold on. Good run for Atlanta, but i can't see them sneaking in the wild card.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 04:00:43 pm »

Looking at the schedule, it's going to go down to the wire. The Braves are a couple out, but they have a much easier schedule than the Rockies.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
G.O.A.T.
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 08:05:48 pm »

I can see the Rockies holding to the wild card spot actually, they're 5-5 in their last 10 and they're going against the Cards who I have winning the world series, but after that it's a 2 game set with the Brewers, and i see the Brewers losing both games. Braves have the Marlins, and I can see them winning the series (2-1, 3 game series), so this means Rockies will hold on. Good run for Atlanta, but i can't see them sneaking in the wild card.

Mo you forgot that they still have to play the LAD and we play the Nats for 4 after the Fish to close the season.

jkilla
MVP

Respect: +23

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 08:09:44 pm »

very unlikely
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 08:31:33 pm »

very unlikely

While it's clearly not a sure thing, but if you actually look at things instead of just throwing something out there with little knowledge about it, you'd realize that the Braves have a very easy schedule from here on out while the Rockies have a very difficult schedule from here on out. With only a couple of games separating them, I don't see how you can possibly say that.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: