Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trade Idea  (Read 2832 times)
MaSSxWaRRioR
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: January 27, 2007, 08:07:29 pm »

Boston fan here just wondering what you guys think on this trade idea with the Pistons and Celtics

Pistons get
Wally Szerbiak (scoring off the bench)
Sebastain Telfair (finally a pg to back-up billups)
Leon Powe

Celtics Get
Antonio Mcdyess
DAle Davis
Amir Johnson
Bulls/Pistons
Star

Respect: +10

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 09:26:51 am »

Not a bad trade at all for us, although I don't see why the Celtics would do it.  As you said, scoring off the bench with Szczerbiak and a backup PG for Billups.  Leon Powe is a great young player who could really complement Maxiell.  But the Celtics are giving up (arguably) their 2nd and 3rd best players for two aging big men (Davis and McDyess) and a raw 3rd string big man.  With all of the PFs & Cs the Celtics already have, this would make absolutely no sense, but for the Pistons, this would be excellent.
MaSSxWaRRioR
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 09:34:26 am »

the celtics would make this trade in my opion. Dale Davis is expiring and that would benefit us becasue we need cap room to sign all of our young guys long term. AL Jefferson is turning into a beast and will demand around 8-10 million. Telfair can be had because we have Dwest and Rondo who are still very young. I aslo thought that Mcdyess was unhappy in Detroit. I think this would be a great trade for both teams. You guys get better and make another run at the titlle. Sort of like when we were part of that Rasheed Wallace deal that handed you guys the championship.
manu/chapu
Benchwarmer

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 09:38:13 am »

Quote from: "MaSSxWaRRioR"
the celtics would make this trade in my opion. Dale Davis is expiring and that would benefit us becasue we need cap room to sign all of our young guys long term. AL Jefferson is turning into a beast and will demand around 8-10 million. Telfair can be had because we have Dwest and Rondo who are still very young. I aslo thought that Mcdyess was unhappy in Detroit. I think this would be a great trade for both teams. You guys get better and make another run at the titlle. Sort of like when we were part of that Rasheed Wallace deal that handed you guys the championship.

true but the celtics can get something better if they would like to trade those players,because i dont know if id trade szerbiak for the 3 pistons(not considering their contracts)
Josh
MVP

everything is just a headache

Respect: +1556

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 05:21:44 pm »

I doubt it'd happen, just because Dumars wouldn't bite on the wally contract, and losing three bigs is a bit much.
legenderypete
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 05:17:42 am »

i would'nt do it, wally can score but does nothin else really, telfair isnt that good, he's 3rd choice pg on a bad team rondo who cant shoot and delonte who can shoot and pass a bit but not much else, and he behind them 2.

Powe could be a starter in a few years, but not as good a dice no thanks but amir could be also a starter in a few years and is younger and has more chance of bein a star. maybe take of dice and amir and put in delfino or flip murray then it looks ok
theone1977
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 06:31:05 pm »

That would be a stupid trade.

1st Why would you pay someone 12 million to site on you bench.
2nd your giving away a more productive player in McDyess with a lower contract.
3rd Johnson 611 87 is going to be a stud.
4th Right now you can get Telfair for nothing.[/b]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: