Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: am i watching the same player.  (Read 5492 times)
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« on: January 29, 2007, 09:06:02 am »

i download every pacers game.. and everybody on hoopshype has this opinion that tinsley is terrible and should be a bench warmer.

the tinsley i watch, has his will with the oppenents pg.. he gets to the basket at will.. off pick and rolls.. or 1on1.. or coming off screens.

defencively.. i see a guy who contains his player for the 24 shot clock.. you dont need to steal the ball or be jumping in some1s face to be a great defender.. he doesnt allow his man into the key.. or have too many open jumpers.

tinsley isnt perfect.. he main problem is finishing the play.. weather thats a 16 foot jump shot.. or the floater.. but that again he also finishes some plays with the greatest of ease(example: the turnaround post up banker off the backboard)

the reason he doesnt look so good in a boxscore.. usually is cause he is a pass first pg.. alot of his shots arent taken unless the shot clock is down and he is forced to throw it up.. or he usually gets the assist that sets up another assist.. or his player will score off pick and roll switches..

watch the games and just watch tinsley.. and if you know ur fundamentals.. ull understand why tinsley is still on the roster.
sportsnut
Starter

Respect: +8

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 02:03:32 pm »

Quote from: "Bball Unit"
i download every pacers game.. and everybody on hoopshype has this opinion that tinsley is terrible and should be a bench warmer.

the tinsley i watch, has his will with the oppenents pg.. he gets to the basket at will.. off pick and rolls.. or 1on1.. or coming off screens.

defencively.. i see a guy who contains his player for the 24 shot clock.. you dont need to steal the ball or be jumping in some1s face to be a great defender.. he doesnt allow his man into the key.. or have too many open jumpers.

tinsley isnt perfect.. he main problem is finishing the play.. weather thats a 16 foot jump shot.. or the floater.. but that again he also finishes some plays with the greatest of ease(example: the turnaround post up banker off the backboard)

the reason he doesnt look so good in a boxscore.. usually is cause he is a pass first pg.. alot of his shots arent taken unless the shot clock is down and he is forced to throw it up.. or he usually gets the assist that sets up another assist.. or his player will score off pick and roll switches..

watch the games and just watch tinsley.. and if you know ur fundamentals.. ull understand why tinsley is still on the roster.

yes he looks good some games, but absolutely horrible in others.  they seem to balance each other out.  if you want to win in this league you need to be consistent, and consistent he is not.  

please don't tell me that a lot of his shots are taken at the end of the shot clock, because he constantly pulls up for the jumper on fast breaks, and jacks up way more 3's than he should.

he often over dribbles, just dribbles into the lane with no purpose and dribbles right back out?  i'm confused evertime he does that.  have an idea of what you want to do.  this leads him to committing careless turnovers.

i'll give him credit because he does defend his position pretty well.  he  gets his hands on a lot of passes, and strips the defender a lot.

but, overall, i'd rather have somebody else running my team.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 10:26:10 pm »

if he had boxscore stats like today.. more often.. you would see what i mean.. but its not his stats that make tinsley game.
sportsnut
Starter

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 01:10:56 pm »

if he had boxscore stats like today.. more often.. you would see what i mean.. but its not his stats that make tinsley game.

what are you talking about?
theres a reason why he doesn't have more games like this, because he isn't good enough to put up consistent number like that.  tinsley is a career 40% fg shooter and he's not even a primary scorer.  

you're going on one game, probably the best game he'll play this season.  while i'm going on an entire season/career.  which holds more weight to it?
todaloop
Starter

Respect: 0

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 01:24:40 pm »

Quote from: "sportsnut"

yes he looks good some games, but absolutely horrible in others.  they seem to balance each other out.  if you want to win in this league you need to be consistent, and consistent he is not.  

please don't tell me that a lot of his shots are taken at the end of the shot clock, because he constantly pulls up for the jumper on fast breaks, and jacks up way more 3's than he should.

he often over dribbles, just dribbles into the lane with no purpose and dribbles right back out?  i'm confused evertime he does that.  have an idea of what you want to do.  this leads him to committing careless turnovers.

i'll give him credit because he does defend his position pretty well.  he  gets his hands on a lot of passes, and strips the defender a lot.

Are you sure you're not talking about Kirk Hinrich? :lol:

This bus goes beep, beep
sportsnut
Starter

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 01:38:54 pm »

Quote from: "todaloop"

i'll take hinrich over tinsley anyday

Are you sure you're not talking about Kirk Hinrich? :lol:
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 11:55:55 pm »

theres a reason why he doesn't have more games like this, because he isn't good enough to put up consistent number like that.  tinsley is a career 40% fg shooter and he's not even a primary scorer.  

you're going on one game, probably the best game he'll play this season.  while i'm going on an entire season/career.  which holds more weight to it?

lol u go by stats.. im going by watching the games.. if u read it proply.. i said if he had more boxscores like today.. ppl wouldnt complain.. but he played the same as he usually does.. just had better looking stats this time..
sportsnut
Starter

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 02:47:26 pm »

lol u go by stats.. im going by watching the games.. if u read it proply.. i said if he had more boxscores like today.. ppl wouldnt complain.. but he played the same as he usually does.. just had better looking stats this time..

why can't i go on a boxscore when i know how tinsley plays, i've watched many indiana games to make this assessment.  yes he played the same as he usually does, he runs the team.  i think you've become okay with him just running the team, thats why stats don't matter to you.  but i'd like to have my pg be able to do more than run a team, i'd like him to be able to knock down an open jumper, and make smart decisions.  we both know that tinsley has some plays where he just draws a blank and makes ridiculous decisions.

so, what i'm saying is that tinsley had a good game against boston, he didn't play like he normally does because he doubled his scoring and rebounding avg for the season.  how can you say thats playing like you normally do?

if lebron's line was 10/2/2 would you say thats him playing like he always does?  i'm sure everyone would say he had a bad game.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 02:52:34 am »

he has alot of open layups from other ppl stealin the ball or findnig him.. rebounding can be a matter of luck, wen  ur boxing out pgs on the 3pt line.

you can sumtimes play a great game.. like change the momentum.. make big plays.. get ur hand on the lose balls.. and take charges.. and finish with a stat line like 8/4/2.. going on ur logic.. you would say that person had a bad game..
sportsnut
Starter

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 12:38:44 pm »

he has alot of open layups from other ppl stealin the ball or findnig him.. rebounding can be a matter of luck, wen  ur boxing out pgs on the 3pt line.

you can sumtimes play a great game.. like change the momentum.. make big plays.. get ur hand on the lose balls.. and take charges.. and finish with a stat line like 8/4/2.. going on ur logic.. you would say that person had a bad game..

he shoots 40%, he can't have that many open layups.  the thing with tinsley is that he plays like he's at the playground too often.  trying to make a play when its not there.  putting up bad shots, when theres still time left to get a better look.  and it seems sometimes he tries to go after his man, if his man scored on him at the other end, turning it into a one on one show.
LKdude
Hall of Famer

Respect: +150

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 01:19:47 pm »

i download every pacers game

How do you download every game?  What program and site do you use?   Thanks.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 08:14:35 pm »

www.sportbit.org
bt.davka.info

and theres another 1 but i forget the spelling.. cause im not on my comp atm.
LKdude
Hall of Famer

Respect: +150

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2007, 11:25:46 pm »

www.sportbit.org
bt.davka.info

and theres another 1 but i forget the spelling.. cause im not on my comp atm.

Hey man, I tried downloading the Suns-Nets game from December 2006, but it's taking forever.  Haven't even gotten 0.1 % down and it's been 2 hours already.  Are your downloads quick?  What program (Bittorrent, U-torrent, etc) do you use?  And how do you make downloads quick?  

Thanks a lot.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2007, 01:21:30 am »

you need to get them while there "New".. cause thats when other people are downloading them.. and your sharing the files off them.. the more ppl the quicker..

the game you want.. no body will be downloading now.

i use Bitcomet
Mavsguru
Starter

Respect: 0

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 08:57:02 pm »

FANTASTIC post!  I too have wondered why Tinsley is low on the totem pole among popular thought.  I'd put him somewhere between 15-25 among Point guards, making him a worthy starter in the league.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: