Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Preseason  (Read 3556 times)
olsons3
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: October 03, 2009, 08:56:36 am »

1st pre-season game is in the books.  Seemed like half the team was out.  Dunleavey, Murphy, Diener, Hansbrough, Watson were all out.

Granger goes for 27 and played solid.

Newbies Solomon Jones was very impressive, and Dahntay Jones was equally impressive until he tweaked his back in a collision.  McRoberts looked good as well with an incredible slam: http://www.nba.com/video/channels/top_plays/2009/10/02/nba_091002_dunk_night.nba/.  Luther Head also looked pretty good and played a little point.

With only two PG's on the roster last night I expected some turnovers, but 8 from Ford and 5 from Granger was a bit of a surprise.  Rookie Price struggled with his shooting.

The defense was solid in the first half and waned in the second half.  Coach tried several different combinations, at all positions.  With the exception of Granger, there are no givens as to the opening night line up. 

Overall it gave me hope for the season.

On to Asia.

Boom Baby!!!!
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 09:41:07 pm »

yeah didnt see the game, grangers 27pts in 26 minutes was impressive statement.

i always liked luther head, want to see alot of the inactive players play.
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 07:51:22 pm »

McRoberts will have a breakout year.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 07:38:44 am »

Hello Taiwan....

Pacers looked good.  The game was much like a track meet with the Pacers winning most of the races.

Players that excited me:
1.  Solomon Jones in the middle looked good
2.  Rush's stroke looks great
3.  Welcome back Murphy
4.  Dahntay Jones is going to be very good
5.  Watson looked good in his first game
6.  AJ Price is starting to feel comfortable
7.  Hibbert looked hugely improved over last year.  much more agile

One bad spot...   can we work on shooting free throws???

There is still 8 minutes left in the game and the blue and gold are up by 22...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 07:41:35 am by olsons3 » Logged

Boom Baby!!!!
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 02:51:02 am »

haha yeah some good signs, but there isn't too many easy games out there, pacers are in for a long season.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 01:24:28 pm »

I would just like to note that Dahntay Jones likely won't become any better than he is. He's 29 or 30 years old I think.

He's a very solid defender but that's it. Always places for guys like him on a team, but don't get your expectations too high.

Soon....
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 09:07:50 pm »

I don't have high expectations, just good to have a solid defender/slasher to compliment B.Rush/M.Dunleavy/D.Granger, who are mainly jump shooters.
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2009, 12:42:53 am »

Welcome to the Great Wall...

The most important thing learned from the second game with Denver in the far east is...

The NBA better make nice with the game officials because the whistle happy crew officiating this game tried to set pre-season records for technical fouls.  Granger ejected in the first half, 6 or 7 technical fouls, really poor officiating.  These guys were calling fouls from angles where they could not tell (at both ends).  It was as iff they were getting paid by the call.

On to the team... 

1.  Hungry Hungry Hibbert (nickname from summer league) go for 20 in the first half.
2.  McRoberts looked solid and has proven himself a very good passer inside plus a couple 3's
3.  Solomon Jones had another solid outing
4.  Watson was solid
5.  Dahntay struggled with the referees and their phantom fouls on him covering Anthony
6.  Murphy was OK but looked like he had no legs.
7.  Rush's shot looked flat, again a sign of no legs

Overall the team looked tired and that is understandable after walking the Great Wall (great video on pacers.com).  With the exception of Carmello Anthony going for 55 points, we did a good defensive job, but he worked the refs and had our guys playing tentative since it seemed they got called for being in the camera shot when Anthony went up to shoot.

Hard game to take a lot of reference from, other than the team should refrain from international tourism prior to games.

Boom Baby!!!!
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2009, 10:20:48 am »

Hungry Hungry Hibbert is a good name, although Dr.Hibbert is still my favourite.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: