Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Dwight Howard is not the most athletic 7 footer since...  (Read 32671 times)
The_Big_Aristotle
Star

Respect: +63

« on: October 03, 2009, 09:51:05 am »

...Wilt.  He's not the most athletic center since David Robinson, or even Shaq.  He isn't a 7 footer at all.  He lied on his draft measurements long ago and everyone just keeps repeating the line.  He is 6'9"  That's it.  In the 90s he would have been an average PF.  So stop hyping him like an amazing 7 footers, he is basically shawn kemp with no offense who plays more D against inferior, short competition.

Here is the proof:
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?page=&year=2004&sort2=DESC&draft=0&pos=0&sort=

And see for yourself in the redeem team lineup.  The "7 footer" is almost identical to Prince and is shorter than bosh:
Josh
MVP

everything is just a headache

Respect: +1556

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 09:53:56 am »

actually, he looks the same height as bosh.  Bosh just has more hair.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2790

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 09:56:24 am »

Bosh is a legit 6'10, and upon looking at it, Howard might actually be taller, because like Josh said, Chris has the big hair. Howard is sort of turning towards the camera while Bosh is completely on his side profile so I think that's the reason Howard may look shorter at first.

Anyways, so you hate Nash, Dirk, and Howard, so who do you like?

Soon....
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 10:11:15 am »

Bosh is a legit 6'10, and upon looking at it, Howard might actually be taller, because like Josh said, Chris has the big hair. Howard is sort of turning towards the camera while Bosh is completely on his side profile so I think that's the reason Howard may look shorter at first.

he likes Yak Diawara
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 02:01:07 pm by rye » Logged

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
steve
MVP

I've grown to hate you all.

Respect: +1110

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 10:43:55 am »

Neither Patrick Ewing or Hakeem Olajuwon were 7'0", do we hold that against them?

Put my existence on this forum against yours.  Toronto makes the playoffs.
wallyboots
Starter

Respect: 0

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 10:58:05 am »

He may have been only 6'9 when he was drafted....but:

1st You play basketball in your shoes and that is the measurement you are listed at.

2nd he was only 18 when he came into the league...yea some people stop growing by then but who's to say he did.  This is why i dont get people who say that he and LBJ definitely took roids...how the *** do you know did you watch them? give it to them?  If no then who the *** are you to say something like that about any player (its called slander).  Now i'm not saying that nobody takes them, I'm not even saying that howard and LBJ didn't take them, but I dont know for sure there for I'm not going to slander someone for something like that.  They were both 18 or 19 when they came into the league...they both had big frames and now they are filled out.  It could just be good jeans and hard work...they obviously have those.

sorry bout the roids tangent.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 11:19:35 am by wallyboots » Logged

Ash
Alright you primitive screw-heads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick! It's a 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department.
LKdude
Hall of Famer

Respect: +150

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 11:12:24 am »

...Wilt.  He's not the most athletic center since David Robinson, or even Shaq.  He isn't a 7 footer at all.  He lied on his draft measurements long ago and everyone just keeps repeating the line.  He is 6'9"  That's it.  In the 90s he would have been an average PF.  So stop hyping him like an amazing 7 footers, he is basically shawn kemp with no offense who plays more D against inferior, short competition.

Here is the proof:
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?page=&year=2004&sort2=DESC&draft=0&pos=0&sort=

And see for yourself in the redeem team lineup.  The "7 footer" is almost identical to Prince and is shorter than bosh:

In that picture, Howard looks the same height or taller than Bosh.  Bosh has more hair, so he appears taller than Howard when he actually is not.  And the pre-draft measurements don't mean much.  Remember - Howard was drafted straight out of high school at the age of 18.  He most probably grew since then. 

And he plays no offense?  What is this, some kind of joke?  The man averaged 26 points per game against a supposedly stellar defensive team in Cleveland.  It doesn't matter what he "would have been" in the 90's, it matters what he is right now, and he's the best center in the NBA right now. 
Super_Nintendo_Chalmers
a.k.a. Rowan_Barrett & Handsome_B_Wonderful
MVP

Respect: +73

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 11:15:23 am »

I think that picture is a little deceiving. He looks to have a little "hand-on-the-tip-w/-front-leg-bent" kind of stance going on and Bosh's hair makes him look a little taller. He's clearly got some height on the 6'8, 6'9" guys, at worst he's 6'10". I personally believe he's about 6'11" or half an inch shorter.
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 11:16:24 am »

so what's the big deal?

i dont think this thread makes a lot of sense, just my opinion though

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
The_Big_Aristotle
Star

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 11:17:30 am »

Neither Patrick Ewing or Hakeem Olajuwon were 7'0", do we hold that against them?
ewing was 7, hakeem was 6'10" I believe.

He may have been only 6'9 when he was drafted....but:
I don't think he has grown.  At least I haven't heard anything about it.  And the picture shows he is a lot closer to bosh, and bosh is 6'10".

I'm just a hater.
zunami23
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1312

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2009, 11:18:00 am »

I thought he was 6'9''. Now that you showed the picture I know he's 6'10''.
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2009, 11:19:39 am »

Howard clearly has at least half an inch on Bosh. So he's 6'10 and a bit, OH NOES? what is the point of this thread?

Soon....
Super_Nintendo_Chalmers
a.k.a. Rowan_Barrett & Handsome_B_Wonderful
MVP

Respect: +73

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2009, 11:21:54 am »

To point out he's not the most athletic 7 footer since Shaq because he isn't a 7 footer.
The_Big_Aristotle
Star

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 11:22:50 am »

Howard clearly has at least half an inch on Bosh. So he's 6'10 and a bit, OH NOES? what is the point of this thread?
The most athletic 7 footer in the post shaq/robinson era is KG.  Dwight doesn't qualify, and we are still waiting for the next great big (oden?).
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 11:29:42 am »

Alright, so he's the most athletic possibly 6'11 guy in the post Shaq/Robinson era, and he is the best centre in the league today.

Soon....
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Jump to: