Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Dwight Howard is not the most athletic 7 footer since...  (Read 32673 times)
navigator
Star

Respect: +1

« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2009, 12:00:15 pm »

so what's the big deal?

i dont think this thread makes a lot of sense, just my opinion though

AGREE

"Face and overcome your fear"
Johnny Rico
a.k.a. Gucci La Flair & TheLakeShow & Deadmau5
All-Star

Hi Jazz

Respect: +39

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2009, 01:51:21 pm »

this thread is retarded. Doc is the best center in the game. I dont care if hes 6'7

magic4life
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2009, 03:47:44 pm »

Alright, so he's the most athletic possibly 6'11 guy in the post Shaq/Robinson era, and he is the best centre in the league today.

lol +1
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2009, 08:16:30 pm »

...Wilt.  He's not the most athletic center since David Robinson, or even Shaq.  He isn't a 7 footer at all.  He lied on his draft measurements long ago and everyone just keeps repeating the line.  He is 6'9"  That's it.  In the 90s he would have been an average PF.  So stop hyping him like an amazing 7 footers, he is basically shawn kemp with no offense who plays more D against inferior, short competition.

Here is the proof:
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?page=&year=2004&sort2=DESC&draft=0&pos=0&sort=

And see for yourself in the redeem team lineup.  The "7 footer" is almost identical to Prince and is shorter than bosh:

Who calls him a 7 footer in the first place?

Also, who cares how tall he is, he's still possibly the best center in the league right now. As for his height, with shoes (which is how players are usually measured since they don't play in bare feet), he's 6'10.25" (240 lbs) according to the measurements taken at the draft combine (not taken by him, actual official measurements). Chris Bosh was measured at 6'11.5" in shoes (225 lbs), and Prince was not even measured.

You also need to take into account that more than height are important in playing a position. Howard weighed 240 lbs right out of high school, he's listed at 265 now. 6'10" and 265 lbs is clearly big enough to be a center.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
dc3003
Journeyman

still got it

« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2009, 05:54:49 pm »

the seasons almost here , start up your hating on dwight threads soon aS possible. the funny thing is i seen dwight knock down his freethrows in clutch situations all playofffs, how many did u see lebron miss? and im talking about multiple games. and lebron got the ball alot more, dwight had to work for his touches by crashing the board, he also wasnt awarded fouls for someone breathing on him like lebron was. and alot of the times dwight hAd to of been hacked to get the call, trust me all dwights call are obvious. the refs let defenders get away with alot more because they cant call a foul every play , and just about every play dwight gets fouled. look at the stats just about every center the magic played last year was in foul trouble , and teams have to bring in there bench just to hack cause he cant be stopped. you should watch more of him play before anyone says he isnt athletic, then just the playoffs. wait until you see his new jumper he has been working on . its on !!!

i see what your saying though in the pic lol. they list bosh lower than his height. cause if he was a center he would be the softest center since shawn bradley . so he stays out the paint . but  they also give every center another inch on there height. it works both ways
jkilla
MVP

Respect: +23

« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2009, 06:52:22 pm »

DeAndre Jordan is an athletic freak
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2009, 08:28:21 pm »

That's fairly true, I wouldn't go to the level of freak, but he's pretty athletic. Either way, he's got a lot of promise, although not to the level where Dwight Howard is.

chrislebron
Undrafted

« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2009, 03:24:12 am »

THE GUY IS A LEGIT 6-10 BUT HAS VERY LONG ARMS 7-5WINGSPAN AND AN AMAZING 9-3,5 STANDING REACH WHICH IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE ACTUAL HEIGHT OF A MAN. AND THE GUY IS THE MOST DOMINANT DEFENSIVE PLAYER IN THE GAME TODAY. PERIOD
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2790

« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2009, 09:02:13 am »

THE GUY IS A LEGIT 6-10 BUT HAS VERY LONG ARMS 7-5WINGSPAN AND AN AMAZING 9-3,5 STANDING REACH WHICH IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE ACTUAL HEIGHT OF A MAN. AND THE GUY IS THE MOST DOMINANT DEFENSIVE PLAYER IN THE GAME TODAY. PERIOD

WELL LET ME TELL YOU BOYS MY WIFE WAS REALLY GETTING ON MY NERVES TODAY

Soon....
Josh
MVP

everything is just a headache

Respect: +1556

« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2009, 09:14:39 am »

...Wilt.  He's not the most athletic center since David Robinson, or even Shaq.  He isn't a 7 footer at all.  He lied on his draft measurements long ago and everyone just keeps repeating the line.  He is 6'9"  That's it.  In the 90s he would have been an average PF.  So stop hyping him like an amazing 7 footers, he is basically shawn kemp with no offense who plays more D against inferior, short competition.

Here is the proof:
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?page=&year=2004&sort2=DESC&draft=0&pos=0&sort=

And see for yourself in the redeem team lineup.  The "7 footer" is almost identical to Prince and is shorter than bosh:

Who calls him a 7 footer in the first place?

Also, who cares how tall he is, he's still possibly the best center in the league right now. As for his height, with shoes (which is how players are usually measured since they don't play in bare feet), he's 6'10.25" (240 lbs) according to the measurements taken at the draft combine (not taken by him, actual official measurements). Chris Bosh was measured at 6'11.5" in shoes (225 lbs), and Prince was not even measured.

You also need to take into account that more than height are important in playing a position. Howard weighed 240 lbs right out of high school, he's listed at 265 now. 6'10" and 265 lbs is clearly big enough to be a center.
and all this was right out of highschool.  people keep growing.
The_Big_Aristotle
Star

Respect: +63

« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2009, 11:51:06 am »

So why does everyone say emaka okafor is undersized and not Dwight?

Dwight Howard    6' 9"      6' 10.25"   240   7' 4.5"   9' 3.5"
Emeka Okafor    6' 8.75"   6' 10"      257   7' 4"      9' 2.5"

Looks to me like they are practically identical, even if dwight has put on 15 lbs of muscle since the draft (which he has at least).  Any everyone keeps saying he has grown, but where is the proof?  The fact is most people stop growing at or near 18, not later.
tranum
Benchwarmer

« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2009, 12:27:55 pm »

This is such a dumb post.  Your position as a player is NOT based of your height. 

Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2009, 03:06:44 pm »

So why does everyone say emaka okafor is undersized and not Dwight?

Dwight Howard    6' 9"      6' 10.25"   240   7' 4.5"   9' 3.5"
Emeka Okafor    6' 8.75"   6' 10"      257   7' 4"      9' 2.5"

Looks to me like they are practically identical, even if dwight has put on 15 lbs of muscle since the draft (which he has at least).  Any everyone keeps saying he has grown, but where is the proof?  The fact is most people stop growing at or near 18, not later.

It's because of weight, Dwight's 265 lbs of pure muscle right now, Okafor is probably around 245 right now, he's very skinny. If you see them next to each other, Dwight's clearly bigger, although I don't even really consider Okafor to be undersized. However, weight, as little as 15 pounds even, can make a huge difference.

Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2009, 03:07:35 pm »

WELL LET ME TELL YOU BOYS MY WIFE WAS REALLY GETTING ON MY NERVES TODAY

HAHAHA!!!

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2790

« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2009, 05:01:46 pm »

I knew you'd appreciate that Matt.

Soon....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Jump to: