Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Bynum, Gordon & Stuckey On Court At Once  (Read 7092 times)
Bulls/Pistons
Star

Respect: +10

« on: October 09, 2009, 03:40:51 pm »

Saw this in an article.  I think that's pretty interesting.  Stuckey is 6'5" and is built, so I could see this working sparingly.  What do you think?
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 11:21:12 am »

I don't see it working that much, all depends on the team of course. For example, you wouldn't want to do that against Toronto with Turk at SF.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
Stan Jockersson
Undrafted

East or West LAL is best!

Respect: 0

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 02:38:47 pm »

Oh, it's really bad idea. Back court will be without defence. Moreover, with Charlie on PF, Pistons will become one of the worst defenseless teams...   
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

Respect: +48

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 02:52:17 pm »

Oh, it's really bad idea. Back court will be without defence. Moreover, with Charlie on PF, Pistons will become one of the worst defenseless teams...   

you do know stuckey can play defense right? also you do know more then half the guys on the pistons are either good or solid defenders right? slap your self?
Stan Jockersson
Undrafted

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 03:20:28 pm »

Ok, Stuckey is normal(not great!) defender, but Gordon and Bynum would never be considered good defenders. Gordon on SF??? It's ROFL! Hе has small stature, he doesn't have sufficient mass, in the end, havе NO SKILLS for the defense! Bynum is a rotation player! It's basically not the level start player. What's the difference between Stuckey, Iverson, Hamilton and Bynum, Stuckey, Gordon?
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 03:29:35 pm »

Ok, Stuckey is normal(not great!) defender, but Gordon and Bynum would never be considered good defenders. Gordon on SF??? It's ROFL! Hе has small stature, he doesn't have sufficient mass, in the end, havе NO SKILLS for the defense! Bynum is a rotation player! It's basically not the level start player. What's the difference between Stuckey, Iverson, Hamilton and Bynum, Stuckey, Gordon?

you like totally ignored my whole statement i never claimed that bynum nor gordon was good defenders stuckey and rip are defenders in the backcourt the only people who cant play defense on our team is gordon, villi, and bynum the rest are either solid good or great.

Im going to name some defenders on our team to let you know a feel

austin daye-nice man to man with those long arms it showed on carlos delfino and in college
jonas jerebko-very tough inside
deron washington-only how he made it to the league was because of his defense
jason maxiell
rip hamilton
tayshaun prince
chris wilcox
kwame brown
ben wallace

iall of these players can play defense and i think im forgetting a few

how are we this?
Stan Jockersson
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 03:58:29 pm »

I want to say, that Villy, Rodney and Ben combine one of the defensless backcourts in the league. As a result, we can see off-balance defense system. So, Pistons risk falling in defensive ranking...
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 04:03:01 pm »

I want to say, that Villy, Rodney and Ben combine one of the defensless backcourts in the league. As a result, we can see off-balance defense system. So, Pistons risk falling in defensive ranking...
villy? as in charlie villenueva? he isnt even in the backcourt hahaha dude chill

our backcourt consist of : willi bynum rodney stuckey ben gordon chucky atkins(wont play) and rip hamilton.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 04:14:40 pm »

Where do you get this idea that Wilcox is a good defender? He's absolutely horrible in that regard. Also you keep listing players that won't even see many minutes this season (Deron Washington? lol just because hes ON your team doesn't mean that improves your defense).

Soon....
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 04:34:39 pm »

Where do you get this idea that Wilcox is a good defender? He's absolutely horrible in that regard. Also you keep listing players that won't even see many minutes this season (Deron Washington? lol just because hes ON your team doesn't mean that improves your defense).

from what ive seen of wilcox hes solid, also i only listed 1 player who wont see minutes and thats washington i was just stating a point big dog
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 05:30:20 pm »

when I was say Wilcox in his days with the Sonics (not thunder), he was a pretty good defender, will make some stupid fouls but he does a good job of being aggressive and he always remembers and does a good job of boxing out his man. He is not a bad defender, nothing special. Decent.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 05:36:01 pm »

when I was say Wilcox in his days with the Sonics (not thunder), he was a pretty good defender, will make some stupid fouls but he does a good job of being aggressive and he always remembers and does a good job of boxing out his man. He is not a bad defender, nothing special. Decent.

I don't agree. He's a complete sieve on defense which is why people are so reluctant to pay him big money despite the offensive stats he puts up.

Soon....
Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

Respect: +2046

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2009, 06:27:00 pm »

bynum is one of the best defensive pg's in the NBA, Have you seen him play?

ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 08:18:39 pm »

Just some stats to consider for the first three preseason games:

Pistons were No. 3 in the league in field-goal percentage defense (.399), No. 7 in points per game allowed (92.7) and No. 4 in 3-point percentage defense (.255).

It is a very small sample size, but its still something to consider before you bash the Pistons defensively. Kuester is a defensive coach and his motto is if you don't play defense, you don't play. Great defense is also achieved by a collective effort, not great individual defenders.

The Pistons starting lineup for the first game of the season is this:

PG:Stuckey
SG:Hamilton
SF:Prince
PF:Wallace
C:Brown

This has been a dominant defensive squad to start games when they've played together (the rookies have got a majority of the playing time in the last few games).  They have solid defense in the frontcourt and backcourt, and scorers in Stuckey and Rip. Then they bring in the scoring punch off the bench with Bynum, Gordon, and Charlie V who are all capable of lighting anyone up. This makes the Pistons one of the deepest teams in the league and not as bad defensively as all the Pistons haters like to think.

thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 01:07:20 pm »

So, Pistons risk falling in defensive ranking...
I think the Pistons reserved themselves to being a mediocre team when they dedicated nearly 20 million to Gordon and CV31. don't get me wrong, I like both players individually. but Dumars was supposed to use that 20 million to make Detroit a contender again, not first round fodder for the east's elite.

Detroit will be a 7th or 8th seed for years to come. never bad enough to get a coveted draft pick that will turn them around. never good enough to get out of the first round.

and as a devoted Pistons fan, I can tell you that Stuckey's defense is average at best. his playmaking skills are pathetic. and as much speed and ability to find an open shot for himself, the moron clangs his shot off the side of the rim better than 50% of the time. I had him rostered in a fantasy league last year, so I monitored his stats closely for a few months and he is a team killer. anyone who still believes he's going to be some fringe-all star is lying to themselves.

and one other thing on Dumars- he should have been canned for passing on DeJuan Blair twice. TWICE! he has no ACL's? SO WHAT! the guy can still give you quality years.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Jump to: