Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Bynum, Gordon & Stuckey On Court At Once  (Read 7049 times)
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

Respect: +48

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2009, 07:51:17 pm »

So, Pistons risk falling in defensive ranking...
I think the Pistons reserved themselves to being a mediocre team when they dedicated nearly 20 million to Gordon and CV31. don't get me wrong, I like both players individually. but Dumars was supposed to use that 20 million to make Detroit a contender again, not first round fodder for the east's elite.

Detroit will be a 7th or 8th seed for years to come. never bad enough to get a coveted draft pick that will turn them around. never good enough to get out of the first round.

and as a devoted Pistons fan, I can tell you that Stuckey's defense is average at best. his playmaking skills are pathetic. and as much speed and ability to find an open shot for himself, the moron clangs his shot off the side of the rim better than 50% of the time. I had him rostered in a fantasy league last year, so I monitored his stats closely for a few months and he is a team killer. anyone who still believes he's going to be some fringe-all star is lying to themselves.

and one other thing on Dumars- he should have been canned for passing on DeJuan Blair twice. TWICE! he has no ACL's? SO WHAT! the guy can still give you quality years.

championship teams arent born overnight (with the exception of boston) even with that 20m i doubt we could have signed people that would have made us contenders joe d is doing what he did 8 years ago and thats laying the foundation down making good signings and smart trades its gonna take some time to be a contender again but thats the whole part about it you want to stay a contender not be a one and done.
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 05:23:09 pm »

But the travellingpalmer has hindsight which Joe D lacks. Maybe we should fire Joe D and hire the Travelingpalmer because of his hindsight seeing abilities.

pooflakes
Starter

Respect: +30

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 11:55:15 am »

awful idea 3 players who cant defend, all undersized and yet not a point guard between them. All shoot 1st and usally get more turnovers than assist.

Only gordan can actually hit a jumpshot and he can be very streaky. Bynum is a d-leaguer, end of the bench guy at best.

Dumars has really struggled the past few years, he should of rebuilt not sign bums like charlie v and ben gordan. The only good play we have is prince as rip cant play without havin a pg.

Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

Respect: +2046

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 01:36:00 pm »

there is no need to respond to this guy.

"the only good play we have is prince" thanks for clearing that up.

Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 02:02:33 pm »

awful idea 3 players who cant defend, all undersized and yet not a point guard between them. All shoot 1st and usally get more turnovers than assist.

Only gordan can actually hit a jumpshot and he can be very streaky. Bynum is a d-leaguer, end of the bench guy at best.

Dumars has really struggled the past few years, he should of rebuilt not sign bums like charlie v and ben gordan. The only good play we have is prince as rip cant play without havin a pg.

chicago fan?
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 01:44:45 pm »

"Dumars has really struggled"

Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 03:35:41 pm »

ben gordon was hitting 3's all night he also hits alot of his shots

rodney stuckey was decent last night

will bynum was meh

rip hamilton was cold in the beggining but got wet later on

all together 64 points 15 ast and 4 TO i could see this working.

im waiting to see daye and jerebko get there feet wet
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009, 04:52:06 pm »

"I kno you guys may hat me saying this, but I kinda wish we had Ivo instead of Rip"

Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2009, 04:59:10 pm »

"I kno you guys may hat me saying this, but I kinda wish we had Ivo instead of Rip"

yup that was a stupid statement i made i agree i was dumb.
Johnny Rico
a.k.a. Gucci La Flair & TheLakeShow & Deadmau5
All-Star

Hi Jazz

Respect: +39

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2009, 06:56:05 pm »

"Bynum is a d-leaguer" dogg. Please banish yourself forever.

pooflakes
Starter

Respect: +30

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2009, 01:54:55 pm »

bynum is nothin special, it just how bad the piston have got in 2 years. He cant shoot, he has no playmakin skills and cant defend. All he can do is drive to teh basket and often misses doin that too. He is end of bench on a rubbish team/d-league level at best.

Rip needs to be healthy for this team to do somethin, he is only one who looks to pass the ball on offense and he dosent need to dribble the ball to score which means other's create for him.

We be very very lucky to make the playoffs bein honest. There so many spots that need improvin dumars has brought alot of scorers who tend to play for themselfs without actually addressin what we have needed for the past 3-4 years a good a bigman

thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2009, 02:21:17 pm »

But the travellingpalmer has hindsight which Joe D lacks. Maybe we should fire Joe D and hire the Travelingpalmer because of his hindsight seeing abilities.
I like your thinking. I believe you're finally coming around.

Detroit has had glaring holes in it's inability to get a post presence for years, and years and years. Dumars has neglected this issue too many times. I would have selected DeJuan Blair with the 15th pick in a heart beat. saving the 7 million a year that Charlie Villanueva would have sucked up, combined that with Wilcox's contracts and you still have 10 million to play with, possibly getting a player like David Lee, who would fill the type of play the young Ben Wallace did, with more offense (less blocks).

you would then have a line-up of: Stuckey, Hamilton, Prince, Blair & Lee. and I wouldn't have given a thought to handing Ben Gordon 10 million a year. I would have held onto it for the 2010 free agency spree.

or would you rather have: Stuckey, Hamilton, Prince, Villanueva & Kwame Brown/over the hill Ben Wallace?
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2009, 04:34:13 pm »

I like your thinking. I believe you're finally coming around.

Detroit has had glaring holes in it's inability to get a post presence for years, and years and years. Dumars has neglected this issue too many times. I would have selected DeJuan Blair with the 15th pick in a heart beat. saving the 7 million a year that Charlie Villanueva would have sucked up, combined that with Wilcox's contracts and you still have 10 million to play with, possibly getting a player like David Lee, who would fill the type of play the young Ben Wallace did, with more offense (less blocks).

you would then have a line-up of: Stuckey, Hamilton, Prince, Blair & Lee. and I wouldn't have given a thought to handing Ben Gordon 10 million a year. I would have held onto it for the 2010 free agency spree.

or would you rather have: Stuckey, Hamilton, Prince, Villanueva & Kwame Brown/over the hill Ben Wallace?

can i ask you this what if we couldn't sign Chris bosh amare or any top tier players to a max contract? and ended up overpaying david lee 13m a year? i like the moves we made and im sure we could draft a big man this year (omg theres so many coming out this year!!) and sign one with the mle.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2009, 09:40:42 pm »

I have to ask, is Chris Wilcox going to start seeing any significant minutes? He's the only not horrible player available in my fantasy league, and I want to drop injured Korver for him.

Soon....
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2009, 06:16:28 am »

I have to ask, is Chris Wilcox going to start seeing any significant minutes? He's the only not horrible player available in my fantasy league, and I want to drop injured Korver for him.

our rotation isnt set yet we trying new rotations each night so many new faces we gotta find a rotation that plays at our best.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Jump to: