Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: NBA Top 25 (Rashidi vs Eddie Johnson)  (Read 4880 times)
SKY
MVP

三小?

Respect: +7

« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2010, 12:31:45 PM »

No, that is shoot in traffiic.  The best way to put it is Dirk is rarely heavily guarded.  He is usually shooting over a smaller defender, in a one on one situation.  Tim Duncan isn't really shooting in traffic either.  I mean, they're both above average for their position, but it's not like they're Dwight Howard or Shaq by anymeans who are getting doubled and tripled whenever they touch it in the paint, or LeBron/Melo who are driving hard into the paint looking for defenders so they can draw contact.
66 SIT is the avg SIT for a PF.  Dirk is +1 above average for his position.  There are plenty of PFs in the league besides Dirk who can score and most of them are more physical about it.

I was thinking more of an attribute that gives players a bonus who either:
1. Have an extremely high release and is very tall (which is Dirk, not to mention he fades back when he shoots too)
2. Elevate all the way before letting go of the shot (Kobe, fades back when he shoots too)
Guys who can do that can shoot over the top of defenders are usually able to retain their regular shooting form and don't have to change their shot's arc to avoid shot blocks.

Another thing about Dirk that's overlooked by the game attributes is his craftiness on offense. Things like pump fakes, jabs, and spins does not determine a player's overall rating in game. I think it fallsunder "Tendencies", which I think has no effect on ratings.
yiskobesogood2
Hall of Famer

Respect: +288

« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2010, 01:46:27 PM »

This list is just fail to me. I can understand the argument for LBJ over Kobe. But I don't see a single argument for Wade over kobe especially when you take intangibles into consideration.

Rashidi
Starter

Respect: +2

« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2010, 08:34:35 AM »

I can understand the argument for LBJ over Kobe. But I don't see a single argument for Wade over kobe especially when you take intangibles into consideration.

Coming from a guy whose user name is "why is kobe so good", you surely aren't biased at all...

Kobe
21.9 PER (worst mark since he was 21 years old)
.545 TS% (worst mark since he was 23 years old)
3.1 ORB%
12.2 DRB%
23.8 AST%
2.1 STL%
0.5 BLK%
11.4 TO%
32.3 USG% (4th in league)
109 ORTG
104 DRTG

Wade
28.0 PER (2nd in league, behind only LeBron)
.562 TS%
4.5 ORB%

11.1 DRB%
36.4 AST% (8th in league)
2.7 STL% (2nd in league, behind only Rondo)
2.4 BLK% (leads all SG by a large margin)

12.2 TO%
34.9 USG% (lead league)
113 ORTG
103 DRTG

Not a single argument?  Really?

Rashidi
Starter

« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2010, 08:48:20 AM »

Oh, and since I know exactly what you're referring to regarding Kobe's so-called "intangibles" (as if Wade doesn't have any)...

Clutch production per 48 mins
Kobe
51.2 pts
7.3 reb
3.6 ast
1.8 stl
0.0 blk

Wade
32.6 pts
6.3 reb
10.0 ast
2.3 stl
2.7 blk

Kobe just jacks it up during crunch time while Wade can score OR get his teammates a good shot with his SUPERIOR penetration ability.  Not to mention he makes a lot more big defensive plays with a game on the line.

Of course, NEITHER compare to...

LeBron
66.1 pts
15.9 reb
8.3 ast
3.2 stl
3.2 blk

That is just freakin insane as this is a huge boost from LeBron's usual clutch production which is basically as many pts as Kobe with better contributions in all the other categories.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 08:53:07 AM by Rashidi » Logged

Rashidi
Starter

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2010, 08:52:49 AM »

The sad thing is Kobe has never had more talent around him than he does now yet he still refuses to pass.

Bynum > O'Neal
Gasol > Beasley
Artest > Q-Rich
Fisher = Arroyo with 3pt range
Odom > Haslem

Wade is the one who should be taking every shot if anything.  Anyone who thinks Wade wouldn't win AT LEAST 60 games if he had Kobe's teammates is smoking some real good ish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Jump to: