Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Had Bulls kept Ben Gordon  (Read 5665 times)
youngrazzle7
MVP

Respect: +36

« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2010, 08:56:29 PM »

jamal crawford hates coming off the bench but he does it.. i dont c why ben gordon case would be any different

Bulls / Bills / Marlins / Noles
ben gordon was a guy he trusted and always passed to when he was open.  those other guys are not the kind of shooters i'm talking about, they are more mid range guys.  how many times did we see rose get hinrich, deng or salmons a wide open shot and those guys would pump fake then try to step in to get a better shot and end up passing up a wide open 3 for a contested 20 footer? they are not the kind of guy's rose needs.  i said when he was drafted that deng and hinrich had to go and
LexDaMan
Star

Respect: +1

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2010, 10:00:33 PM »

Once again, proof that Ben Gordon was unhappy being as a 6th man, not the media deciding for him.

Here's one example from a quick Google search.

"I wasn't happy, but he wanted to bring some more scoring off of the bench ... I told him if that's what he thinks will work, then I was for it."
-- Bulls guard Ben Gordon, on returning to the sixth man role at the request of interim coach Jim Boylan. Gordon had 25 points in a win over New York.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-071231

That's always how the media savvy Gordon would express his displeasure in coming off the bench. He'd go along grudgingly, make it clear 'I'm not happy, but whatever for the team,' so he didn't look like a complete jerk.

Even during his rookie year, he hated coming off the bench. He stated after winning 6th man of the year he hoped he'd never have the opportunity to win it again, because he was a starter.

if ur team has an interim coach, and uve been starting the first quarter of the season, and he decides to put u on the bench when the team is losing, id be pretty unhappy too. but when the team was winning, and he was closing games, i never heard him personally complain. im sure hed be happier starting, but if him coming off the bench ment more success, like against Celtics last finals, then he had no need to complain, just like Ginobli
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2010, 01:05:02 AM »

jamal crawford hates coming off the bench but he does it.. i dont c why ben gordon case would be any different

I don't see why, but it's always been an issue.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
bullsfan913323
Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2010, 09:05:15 AM »

*face palm* nash is 1345 times the passer Rose is. The PnR won't be as effective with rose. While i agree, Rose has put up some decent numbers on Nash, Nash has always done similar to rose. it's a give take thing so it seems. Either way, Nash+Amare > Rose+Amare.
I agree with nash's passing ability. Btw, rose doesn't guard nash, hinrich always does. Rose is better at attacking the rim by himself, Nash is better attacking and dishing to his teamates.

Rose is really greedy with the ball too, if you ever notice, he doesn't find the hot hand, a guy hits two in a row, he takes the next one himself, even if the man is wide open. I think that's partly why our supporting cast has had their offensive struggles this season, especially salmons, as to why he started doing well off our bench and dropping 20 per night with the bucks.

Scheyer for HOF

Neil Funk does reverse dunks before every bulls games.

Please stop faking injuries Tyrus Thomas.

RIP Johnny Red and Norm. You were awesome.

Banned due to racist remarks. "Racist". You can follow me through my blog. Yeah..
Josh
MVP

everything is just a headache

Respect: +1556

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2010, 09:13:58 AM »

I don't think he's greedy, I just don't think he has as much natural passing ability.  it just seems like passing is an intrinsic, instinctual thing.  you can be as unselfish as you please, but you can only make yourself so much better of a passer.
bullsfan913323
Star

« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2010, 09:30:28 AM »

Ya, he doesn't have that feel, or passing instict, like nash does or dwill do. But it's really a combination of both.

Scheyer for HOF

Banned due to racist remarks. "Racist". You can follow me through my blog. Yeah..
RepeatTheThreepeat
MVP

Respect: +3275

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2010, 11:10:02 AM »

show me a story of Ben Gordon not being happy with his 6th man role. and i mean Ben Gordon being quoted stating that, not just a media rumor.

You didn't answer the question.  Also, I'm assuming you're probably pretty young since that issue was heavily heavily publicized for the past half-decade.

why would i state my age? that will only lead to unfair judgements in my future posts, therefore it is not something i am willing to state.

as far the issue being heavily publicized, i do remember it, but i also remember it as being an issue that the MEDIA originated. Gordon has always carried himself like a true professional. So now i am looking for people here to provide evidence that Ben Gordon was unhappy in a 6th man role. Once again, proof that Ben Gordon was unhappy being as a 6th man, not the media deciding for him.

How about the fact that he left treadmarks leaving Chicago last summer? That isn't evidence that he was unhappy with the situation?

he was unhappy because Bulls werent offering him what he felt he deserved, it had nothing to do with him being a starter or a 6th man as he was getting starter minutes and finishing games

first, you asked whether or not gordon was unhappy with a 6th man role, not whether or not he signed with detroit because he was a 6th man in chicago.
second, you just said chicago didn't offer him anything, now you're saying he was unhappy with what they were offering.

u completely misconstrued what i said, but thats fine, if u cant comprehend, then so be it

first of all, someone said he left chicago because he was unhappy with his 6th man role, and i wanted someone to show me proof of that, because i know that was not something he was unhappy with, and definitely not a reason he left chicago. especially to the pistons who had a set starter in Rip.

second of all, yes Ben Gordon was unhappy with the offers he recieved in the summer of '08, prior to signing his 1 year qualifiying deal. then in the following summer of '09, the Bulls didnt make an offer by July 1st according to Ben Gordon.

please don't say that i can't comprehend when you started this thread off by saying had the bulls had the same team last year, they could beat the cavs and be title contenders this year. you said if they kept salmons, gordon, and thomas they could be title contenders. taj, who by the way you left out of your roster comparison post, is already better than thomas so that is a non factor. then you continue to say "whatever, give up salmons, as long as u have ben gordon. deng is back, so salmons wouldnt be needed as much anymore" so basically you're saying if the bulls kept a $55 million dollar one dimensional 6th man they would be title contenders? you say gordon was perfect in the 6th man role? yeah, we know.. but $55 million dollars for a bench player? everyone knows we didn't offer him anything when he became a free agent. we offered him 2 more than reasonable contracts and he turned them down. the plan was to let him walk. it's none of this "as far as i'm concerned the bulls didn't give him an offer", it was fact. the bulls let him walk with the future in mind.

Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

Respect: +26

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2010, 11:19:11 AM »

I don't think he's greedy, I just don't think he has as much natural passing ability.  it just seems like passing is an intrinsic, instinctual thing.  you can be as unselfish as you please, but you can only make yourself so much better of a passer.

There were stretches when BG was with the Bulls that I thought he had the potential to play the point.  I still think he could.  But he has too much of a scorer's mentality to want to give the ball up too much.  So he'll always be a 2-guard.  I'm not sure that's really a matter of him being selfish as it is his style of play.

youngrazzle7
MVP

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2010, 11:23:11 AM »

I don't see why, but it's always been an issue.

only because the "media" makes it an issue... when u win (like atlanta) u never hear about it... for the most part it started once the bulls had that 32-35 win season.. i can say tho he def had a problem with skiles when it came to closing games

ben gordon was a guy he trusted and always passed to when he was open.  those other guys are not the kind of shooters i'm talking about, they are more mid range guys.  how many times did we see rose get hinrich, deng or salmons a wide open shot and those guys would pump fake then try to step in to get a better shot and end up passing up a wide open 3 for a contested 20 footer? they are not the kind of guy's rose needs.  i said when he was drafted that deng and hinrich had to go and
vitalnerve
Starter

« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2010, 11:27:34 AM »

is there really this much discussion about whether or not the bulls should have kept ben gordon? get real, nothing made me happier than him going to that *** *** pistons squad so he can *** them for the next 5 years instead of us.
Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2010, 11:31:29 AM »

no its a discussion that if the bulls kept ben gordon of how this series may end up

Yeah, but if the Bulls kept Gordon, other pieces would have moved at the deadline to secure enough cap space for a max free agent.  So it's impossible to know what the roster would look like right now had the Bulls kept Gordon.

bullsfan913323
Star

« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2010, 11:32:33 AM »

I don't think [rose is] greedy, I just don't think he has as much natural passing ability.  it just seems like passing is an intrinsic, instinctual thing.  you can be as unselfish as you please, but you can only make yourself so much better of a passer.

There were stretches when BG was with the Bulls that I thought he had the potential to play the point.  I still think he could.  But he has too much of a scorer's mentality to want to give the ball up too much.  So he'll always be a 2-guard.  I'm not sure that's really a matter of him being selfish as it is his style of play.
Have an opinion on rose?

Scheyer for HOF

youngrazzle7
MVP

« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2010, 11:33:51 AM »

its not really about how the series may end up anyway it kinda turned into that at some parts and i know about all that, im beyond over them getting rid of BG if they get another guard who can help rose out in offseason along with some scoring from the PF-C position

Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2010, 11:41:16 AM »

I don't think [rose is] greedy, I just don't think he has as much natural passing ability.  it just seems like passing is an intrinsic, instinctual thing.  you can be as unselfish as you please, but you can only make yourself so much better of a passer.

Have an opinion on rose?

Are you sure Josh was talking about Rose and not BG?  Did I misread what he wrote?

bullsfan913323
Star

« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2010, 11:52:39 AM »

Ya, we were talking about rose.

Scheyer for HOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Jump to: