Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIP Captain Lou!!!  (Read 1008 times)
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« on: October 14, 2009, 11:53:07 pm »

I'll put this here since he made his mark in professional wrestling, where he was actually a hated heel manager for the majority of his career before being a beloved figure late in his career and after his retirement.

He made another name for himself during the 80's when he played the part of the father of Cyndi Lauper in many of her music videos, playing the part of a father who would get upset about his daughter doing nothing but partying.

However, at least for myself, where Albano made his biggest impact was with the Super Mario Super Show in the late 80's/early 90's. This was a show that I made sure to watch, and tape, every weekday for probably about 2 or 3 full years. Captain Lou played the part of Mario, and did a great job of it. I can't think of another human who could have done a better job at it.

No matter what way you look at it, he was an important part of entertainment throughout the 70's and 80's and into the 90's. His loss is something that I must admit, I was very sad to hear about. He brought plenty of smiles to the faces of many people throughout his career, and I'm very sad to see him go. RIP Captain Lou, I hope you're up there back to doing the Mario.

Super Mario Brothers Super Show Credits - Do the Mario!

Of all the game over's I've seen in my life, this is the worst.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 12:30:14 am »

someone who understood being a manager. rip.

RIP Madawg
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 02:05:05 am »

Not only being a manager (which he was clearly the greatest of all time), but just being a character in general without losing himself.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
G.O.A.T.
All-Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 04:46:50 pm »

R.I.P. Captain Lou!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: