Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Warriors Playing Acie Law At Small Forward  (Read 5954 times)
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2009, 01:53:25 pm »

if a 6'6 guy (Chuck Hayes) can play C then why cant a 6'3 ish guy play SF? Hayes holds his own

There is no correlation between the two.

Because Charles Barkley was huge also at 6'4......

But yeah Don Nelson is insane.  You can't see whats ahead of you, if you dont know your past.

Really? You don't see the difference?

First of all, guys like Barkley, and Hayes, were drafted as PF/C type players...they possess the natural skills, size and strength to succeed in that area. Acie Law was drafted as a point guard and he hasn't even been able to master that position yet...and you're talking about him at small forward? lol.

Soon....
kafogahoga
MVP

Respect: +297

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2009, 02:16:40 pm »

Also, Barkley was 6'4" but as wide a guy you'll ever find. Acie Law does not have a wide body in any sense of the word. He's an average point guard size. Barkley was not an average 6'4" man. Just because certain individuals have success in unorthodox ways does not mean everybody can and will.

Would take Hardaway over Payton in man to man defense.
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2009, 10:32:49 pm »

I thought Law would have been the perfect fit here in golden state though. He doesn't excel unless he plays at an untempo pace, he would have done just that in Golden State. He is a player who will bring the ball up (up tempo speed), and will take a pull up shot or so, it's his game, questionable shot selection but it's how he plays. He was like that in college as well.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
sjboy
Star

Respect: +4

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2009, 06:40:17 pm »

if a 6'6 guy (Chuck Hayes) can play C then why cant a 6'3 ish guy play SF? Hayes holds his own

There is no correlation between the two.

Because Charles Barkley was huge also at 6'4......

But yeah Don Nelson is insane.  You can't see whats ahead of you, if you dont know your past.

Really? You don't see the difference?

First of all, guys like Barkley, and Hayes, were drafted as PF/C type players...they possess the natural skills, size and strength to succeed in that area. Acie Law was drafted as a point guard and he hasn't even been able to master that position yet...and you're talking about him at small forward? lol.

When Law got the minutes he played just fine.  He did the same in Atlanta, however if you look and see he was injured both years he was there, but put up ok numbers considering his play time, who he was playing with, and how consistent his playtime was.

Jamal Crawford for him was a slam dunk, OBVIOUSLY... the Hawks need scoring, and dont exactly need Law at that stage.

I am not gonna sit here and defend Law at SF untill I die, what I will defend is the possibility of that happening.  We see small guys play big positions ALL THE TIME.  Why would this be any different? 

All I am saying is, give him a chance before judging.  You didnt even give it a chance.  Kinda like in the summer I said the Raptors are gonna suck because Bosh is slight overrated and Bargnani is a joke for a center.  You trashed me, and now look at them.  In the East Coast, and still struggling to even get to .500

xcrease
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2009, 08:12:55 pm »

I hear the bobcats plan to put him at center
sjboy
Star

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2009, 01:37:48 pm »

I hear the bobcats plan to put him at center

Outstanding input.  Please post again.
kafogahoga
MVP

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2009, 02:54:56 pm »

I am not gonna sit here and defend Law at SF untill I die, what I will defend is the possibility of that happening.  We see small guys play big positions ALL THE TIME.  Why would this be any different?

All I am saying is, give him a chance before judging.  You didnt even give it a chance.

Because there are some things that COMMON SENSE tells you simply won't work. Imagine Acie Law guarding Lebron, Tayshaun, Ariza, Josh Smith, Ron Artest... hell those are upper tier SF's, I can't even imagine him guarding Illyasova or Jamario Moon. They would dominate him offensively, and it's not like he's so quick that they have no way to guard him. It would be a train-wreck - this should be OBVIOUS to see.

He's 6'3", 200 pounds. It's like playing Raymond Felton at the SF position. If you saw that in a game, with Felton guarding Kirilenko, I guarantee you you'd be like WTF? I think your Don Nelson blinders are seriously impeding your judgment.

sjboy
Star

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 09:52:09 pm »

I am not gonna sit here and defend Law at SF untill I die, what I will defend is the possibility of that happening.  We see small guys play big positions ALL THE TIME.  Why would this be any different?

All I am saying is, give him a chance before judging.  You didnt even give it a chance.

Because there are some things that COMMON SENSE tells you simply won't work. Imagine Acie Law guarding Lebron, Tayshaun, Ariza, Josh Smith, Ron Artest... hell those are upper tier SF's, I can't even imagine him guarding Illyasova or Jamario Moon. They would dominate him offensively, and it's not like he's so quick that they have no way to guard him. It would be a train-wreck - this should be OBVIOUS to see.

He's 6'3", 200 pounds. It's like playing Raymond Felton at the SF position. If you saw that in a game, with Felton guarding Kirilenko, I guarantee you you'd be like WTF? I think your Don Nelson blinders are seriously impeding your judgment.

I just watched Monta Ellis crush and eat Danny Granger's lunch, untill he fouled out with 45 points.  So Monta did it...

kafogahoga
MVP

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2009, 04:28:47 pm »

Again, that argument doesn't make sense. Monta is quicker and longer than Acie Law. Just because player A does it doesn't mean player B can do it.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: