Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stephen Jackson to Dallas  (Read 1803 times)
Chris151544
Starter

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 07:46:07 pm »

Dampier's deal includes a non-guaranteed team option for 2010-11.

Also, Golden State is going to want an expiring deal in return for Jackson. It makes it difficult for Denver to work a deal without bringing a third team into the mix, though they probably need to add another impact player to be considered a contender in the West. Cleveland has the Big Z deal, but they probably don't want to move him less they get burned should Shaq get hurt. Delonte West is probably toxic at this point, so the fact that his deal has a team option for next year probably doesn't mean much. Dallas says they aren't interested, but Drew Gooden makes the most sense as his deal is only partially guaranteed. He could be packaged with Shawne Williams. I also like the idea of San Antonio getting into the mix. They could afford to move Bonner and Mason Jr and probably would want to throw in Mahinmi to save a little tax this year given that they will absorb so much in future salary.

Yeah exactly. So the Warriors decline his option, thus his contract comes off the books, thus is an expring contract. Although i honestly dont see Dallas wanting Jackson in the first place, Not with Marion and Howard.

I predict that the NYK will have more lebron articles than wins.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2009, 01:01:45 am »

Are you guys sure that dampier's last year is non guarenteed?  I haven't heard anything aboot it.

zunami23
Hall of Famer

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2009, 10:59:05 am »

I think it's a partial guarantee.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2009, 11:21:19 am »

I think it's a partial guarantee.

to the internets!

Update:
okay, did some research.  I belive that dampier's contract is non guaranteed in the last year if he doesn't play enough minutes, this season.  There were two ways for the last year to become guaranteed, make the all-star team twice (I laughed!) or play a certain amountof minutes, this season.  So, whatever team he plays on can basically dictate whether his contract becomes guaranteed, I believe.

In that case, I think Houston should think about making a play for dampier.  Send McGrady's expiring to GS, Jackson to Dallas, and dampier to Houston, so he can fill in for Yao who is lost for the season.  I'll post a thread with a trade, later.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 11:33:23 am by madawg49 » Logged

Mike005
Benchwarmer

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2009, 07:03:51 pm »

Dampierhttp://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/notes/mavericks.htm: Signed and traded to Dallas with a 7 year, $73 million contract in August 2004. Contract contains performance bonuses currently listed as "likely." Last season is fully unguaranteed, which becomes full guaranteed if 1) Dampier is selected to play in any three NBA All-Star Games between the 2004-2005 and 2009-2010 seasons, or 2) Dampier plays at least 2,100 minutes in the 70 regular season games in the 2009-2010 season in which he plays his most minutes (and if he plays in less than 70 regular season games in the 2009-2010 season, then he must play at least 2,100 minutes for the entire regular season). Confusing, yes. Useful as a trade chip, totally.

Mike
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: